KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Taking voice out of .wav or mp3? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:27 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello all,
First off im new and have been reading the forums for a while. Have a simple setup based on all of your advices and of course on budget. Anyways, I ordered the SGB collection and am very disapointed. My question is that I havent really found a true true verion of a son and would like to know if it is feasible to take an original track and remove the vocals? Thank you for even more advice!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
It is not going to sound very good. When you try to remove vocals it messes with the eq of the song and generally makes it sound like crap. Plus the fact that there generally is still some of the vocals left in the background.

Depending upon the song you are trying to find many companies let you preview about 30 seconds of the song. Most will agree that the Sound Choice or Pop Hits Monthly is generally the best versions of karaoke renditions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Agreed...SGB could be your only problem in this case. Karoke.com has a great library (sp) and option to listen B4 you Buy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
there is a freeware program called www.goldwave.com that will let you remove the midrange... depending on how the original mp3 or .wav was recorded, it's POSSIBLE to do it... but like the others have stated, it sounds like crap!

Of over 400 mp3s I tried, I only got it to work like four times, three which sounded like absolutte junk!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:03 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Thank you very much for the replies. I am looking for some G N R stuff that will actually sound similar to the original.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:53 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Blackrose @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:03 pm wrote:
Thank you very much for the replies. I am looking for some G N R stuff that will actually sound similar to the original.

Try Sound Choice - it's probably the closest you'll get.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I have re-recored a number of tracks and brighten them up or bottomed them out.

I have run into a number of tracks that could sound better, it is amazing what an EQ and Sonic Maximizer or Aurel Exciter can do to a song.

You will find the Best GNR on Sound Choice. The Welcome to the Jungle and Pardise City on DK are not terible, but sc is better. It's ashamed that the don't make many GNR songs, one would think there would be alot more.

Then again Nothing off of STP's Core is available still...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:13 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hi Blackrose, first off I'd like to say welcome!!!  :wave: I have found a great way to remove vocales from mp3's etc. If you want to find out more about it just check my website at www.geocities.com/monicaoolala1/ you will find the link to the page at the bottom.  A quick and easy step by step way to remove vocals without having to download a vocal remover program. Not every song can have their vocals removed though and its the same for any vocal remover program out there. Its hard to find a good backing eh? I hope this works for you and hope you have a lot of fun here. If you ever need any more help just give me a shout........ :D Monica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, I have tried to remove vocal from original MP-3 or other formats without success. Supposedly, the main vocal is recorded equally on both left and right channel. So, if you subtracted equal sound from both the right and left channel, you can remove the main vocal. However, when I tried it, it didn't work well.

It seems much of the mid range is recorded to both sides so you will hear less of mid range from the final results. Also, the main vocal never seems to be recorded at exactly the same level, I alway got residual vocal in the background. It's low volume and tinny but it's still there. Some songs you can barely hear some you definitely hear it.

I haven't been able to do it yet. If anyone knows a foolproof method that works on even 50% of the discs, please let me know.

Seize the day and SING!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

A lot have been said about Vocal Eliminators. Please read this if you want to know more http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.n ... enDocument