KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice Foundation 1&2 and Brick 1-5 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:03 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Been Liked: 26 times
So interested in peoples opinion, we are roughly 20 years on since these were introduced as the essential collection for any host, and I know a few who started out buying them... Do we think the selections made aged well?

I have 2 full sets of them, but they are all pretty much replaceable by online purchases now some which are better, any thoughts?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:43 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22975
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2126 times
I think they are still relevant today, if they can be purchased for a reasonable cost that is.
I still use much of my Sound Choice (still the bulk of my selection). Most were done very well and still can't be beat by anything on todays availability. Granted there were some that were recorded funny or sounded a little too 'midi' filed, I have replaced many of those with versions from Karaoke Version, SBI, Zoom, etc. But as I buy today, KV is my primary goto and will take over as the bulk of my selection - relatively soon i'm guessing.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:29 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Been Liked: 26 times
Curious what this is all about, SC discs that are compiled in UK and use CDR, is this under some sort of license like Clark Music was doing before they lost rights to compile in USA?


Attachments:
File comment: SC Discs from UK
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 230.68 KiB | Viewed 2966 times ]
Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:34 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Been Liked: 26 times
Buster79 wrote:
Curious what this is all about, SC discs that are compiled in UK and use CDR, is this under some sort of license like Clark Music was doing before they lost rights to compile in USA?


A quick google search links right back to here...

viewtopic.php?t=30917

Sorry to bother :)


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:24 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:24 am
Posts: 301
Images: 3
Location: Salina,KS
Been Liked: 13 times
Although I loved sound choice..i switched to chartbuster ..then to the MR ENTERTAINER cdgs...now it just KV downloads for the most part


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Been Liked: 26 times
GK Productions wrote:
Although I loved sound choice..i switched to chartbuster ..then to the MR ENTERTAINER cdgs...now it just KV downloads for the most part


I do like Karaoke Version, but still get Zoom when I can, not perfect always but best I have found overall, KV graphics sometimes overlap in the CDG files and its hard to do if the songs not solol.. :)


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:00 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22975
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2126 times
Buster79 wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
Although I loved sound choice..i switched to chartbuster ..then to the MR ENTERTAINER cdgs...now it just KV downloads for the most part


I do like Karaoke Version, but still get Zoom when I can, not perfect always but best I have found overall, KV graphics sometimes overlap in the CDG files and its hard to do if the songs not solol.. :)
Download them as video files. No overlapping will occur

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:38 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Been Liked: 26 times
Lonman wrote:
Buster79 wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
Although I loved sound choice..i switched to chartbuster ..then to the MR ENTERTAINER cdgs...now it just KV downloads for the most part


I do like Karaoke Version, but still get Zoom when I can, not perfect always but best I have found overall, KV graphics sometimes overlap in the CDG files and its hard to do if the songs not solol.. :)
Download them as video files. No overlapping will occur


I still do the CDG's, not sure why, but call me a purist ;)


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 118 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech