KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What software are you using and why? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:19 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
Been a while since I've posted here. I hope you all are doing well.

I'm finally swapping out JK2.0.... It still works, but the day will come when it won't and I need something new. I must admit, I'll miss the songbook creation tool.

The two I'm considering the most are Siglos and Compuhost each for different reasons. Before I pull the trigger or get too heavily invested I figured I'd ask you guys if there's anything you feel is better and why.

Thanks in advance :)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Krisko wrote:
Been a while since I've posted here. I hope you all are doing well.

I'm finally swapping out JK2.0.... It still works, but the day will come when it won't and I need something new. I must admit, I'll miss the songbook creation tool.

The two I'm considering the most are Siglos and Compuhost each for different reasons. Before I pull the trigger or get too heavily invested I figured I'd ask you guys if there's anything you feel is better and why.

Thanks in advance :)

I wish I could offer some good advice on what to use. I am still using JK2 myself...I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It works for my needs just fine. However, with that said, a couple of years ago I did purchase Siglos Professional hosting software because I wanted to add a kiosk to my system. Well, that got debunked and tossed aside when Covid came into play. So, I never actually got the kiosk system set up. (I still have all the gear needed to do it tho, collecting dust).

Most professional karaoke hosts these days are either choosing Karma or Compuhost. Either one has it's good features and functions. I just never had the patience to actually sit down and learn either one of them tho. Good luck either direction you choose. I am sure you will do fine no matter the choice.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Actually Karaoke Pro still has the KIOSK feature plus if you want you can use your phone to search for songs, send in your request, change key, save your history etc. etc.

I also have JK2 and I can tell you Karaoke Pro is head and shoulder above JK2. I love hosting with Karaoke Pro.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Siglos Karaoke Pro.
all the features of the others plus low system demands and improved graphics.
the remote system is great as well, i use both kiosks and let them use cell phones (they will be on them anyway, might as well be on it for my show).
cutomizable, show what you want, hide what you don't. resize and place different components wherever you want them for your workflow.
and killer customer support along with the $99 price is for 2 licenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:02 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Siglos Karaoke Pro.
the remote system is great as well, i use both kiosks and let them use cell phones (they will be on them anyway, might as well be on it for my show).
cutomizable, show what you want, hide what you don't. resize and place different components wherever you want them for your workflow.

I wasn't aware that Siglos had a remote request. Interesting. How is it? Does it let you filter incoming requests so you don't have the same song requested multiple times.

Also have you used the songbook creation tool?

Curious because Siglos would be my preference, as JK2.0 is/was a clone of it... And it would be less training for my hosts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
CompuHost user for 19 years. Never an issue. Basically, does everything you want, can be customized to your liking and the remote kiosk/smartphone option integrates beautifully.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
Krisko wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Siglos Karaoke Pro.

I wasn't aware that Siglos had a remote request. Interesting. How is it? Does it let you filter incoming requests so you don't have the same song requested multiple times.

Curious because Siglos would be my preference, as JK2.0 is/was a clone of it... And it would be less training for my hosts

Only thing I don't like about the kiosk is that to use auto add you have to use codes to keep singers from using the same name. Not sure about same song, probably have to avoid auto add and manually decide what songs get into the que. Like I said it does stop singers from using the same name.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:11 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
[quote="Alan B"]CompuHost user for 19 years. Never an issue. Basically, does everything you want, can be customized to your liking and the remote kiosk/smartphone option integrates beautifully.[/quote]
Same here man i used this for like 8 years and i never felt the need to take another one but i think soon i will have to change something

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Krisko wrote:

1) I wasn't aware that Siglos had a remote request. Interesting. How is it? Does it let you filter incoming requests so you don't have the same song requested multiple times.
Works great, i can use auto add or leave it to myself to add them in as if they were slips....but no drunk writing and requests of songs not in the book either

2) Also have you used the songbook creation tool?
there is no songbook creation tool, the system takes the book directly from the disk so it updates the moment you add another song automatically.

many improvements over the years since that time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:14 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Kar_james wrote:
Alan B wrote:
CompuHost user for 19 years. Never an issue. Basically, does everything you want, can be customized to your liking and the remote kiosk/smartphone option integrates beautifully.

Same here man i used this for like 8 years and i never felt the need to take another one but i think soon i will have to change something

So, what's the problem that you need to change software?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Krisko wrote:

they just released a version of Siglos with a songbook tool in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Krisko wrote:

The problem I have with Siglos is that it's all over the place. Boxes everywhere. CompuHost has a much nicer, more intuitive, and smarter interface, and it's all in one! The graphics look modern and really good while Siglo is so Windows 95. Not saying that it doesn't do the job (and I've tried the demo), but for me, CompuHost blows it away. CompuHost is user friendly, simple to use, and very intuitive compared to Siglos.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Krisko wrote:

The problem I have with Siglos is that it's all over the place. Boxes everywhere. CompuHost has a much nicer, more intuitive, and smarter interface, and it's all in one! The graphics look modern and really good while Siglo is so Windows 95. Not saying that it doesn't do the job (and I've tried the demo), but for me, CompuHost blows it away. CompuHost is user friendly, simple to use, and very intuitive compared to Siglos.

i found the opposite. Siglos was easier and more intuitive for me, plus the boxes can be moved and resized to put them wherever i want and not show the ones i don't want out. it is customizable which no other system is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:51 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Currently between hosting programs, I was bolted on to MTU Hoster for years, and still appreciate it, but I can no longer use the older versions of the software which I was more than happy with, and have shelled out for a few updates, so now converted all my tracks back to zip, and briefly parked back on my old Sax & Dotty (Show Presenter Pro). I have tried Compuhost but didnt like the interface, I think I may download the trial of Karma and give it a go, I have read over the years some bad feedback from Bob the guy who made it, but it just seems he doesn't want to deal with people who don't know what they are complaining about.. I've worked in IT support for years so I kinda get it :)

We'll see!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:42 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
So after 15 years of being a loyal MTU customer, I have recently converted my files back to mp3+g, have tried Compuhost, Show Presenter Pro, Karafun, and finally Karma. My money has been spent, $400 AUD so a big investment for me, but Karma is everything I wanted and more! Extremely impressed with the product! Bob you have done an amazing job and I am glad to now be your customer!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:32 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I am using JK 2.06. I been using it for 1 year and it has been nothing but a pain in the butt. Support has been virtualy non existent. It all started with first download. I havent completed a monthly down load since I dont know when. I have followed it step by step. Think about changing software but afraid about it messing up. Anyone has any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:06 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
snshatz wrote:
I am using JK 2.06. I been using it for 1 year and it has been nothing but a pain in the butt. Support has been virtualy non existent. It all started with first download. I havent completed a monthly down load since I dont know when. I have followed it step by step. Think about changing software but afraid about it messing up. Anyone has any advice?

JK 2.08 was the last version of the software. However, JK is no longer supported because Tricerasoft is no longer in business. I would suggest you download and try the new hosting programs such as Siglos Karaoke Pro, MTU Hoster, Karaosoft Karma, Compuhost, and Karafun which is free. The free version of Karafun is not to be used in a professional environment. If you like Karafun you will need to purchase the Karafun Pro version. You can download and try the various hosting program to see what fits your needs. Hope this info is useful.