KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I've started a karaoke roast channel Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
ToqerTV Reviewing karaoke singers a decade later.

For the oldtimers that know me, I don't need to explain much. For the new folks..

I was a fairly active KJ from 2000 to 2013. Not *just* a KJ, I broadcast video from our karaoke stage in 2004 and became somewhat of a prototype internet star.

Beyond that though, I also created karaoke software that was way ahead of it's time. First with auto-rotation, first with an online store, first with attractive kiosks. I spent many hours breathing heavy and rapidly typing on my keyboard here defending our right to move our CDG's to our hard drives.

Alas though, all was not well. The owners of the club I worked at decided to try and sell my equipment and software with the bar. When I told them they could buy it, they tried to hire some IT guys to steal it. I caught them red handed, went back into IT and never looked back.

Except I had amassed 1000's of videos of people singing....

One of my jobs as a KJ was to tell everyone, no matter how terrible they were "OMG YOU WERE SO GREAT!" Well, after a decade of not being a KJ, I am no longer responsible for telling you how great you are. No, quite the opposite. Not all reviews are bad reviews, but the majority of singers would make dogs howl. So now I'm going through my archive one by one, giving people the straight gist on what I think of their performances.

KARAOKE IS HARDCORE!!!

--toq

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:25 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
It's quite an interesting journey you've been on with karaoke! Given the rich history and the impressive software you developed, it's a wonder it hasn't been highlighted more.

Promoting your software on YouTube seems like a fantastic idea. The platform is massive, and with your unique perspective and story, there's a lot of potential for engagement. Showcasing old videos alongside your software's features could garner a lot of attention.

If monetization is on your mind, consider looking into the adspy tool. It's pretty nifty for pinpointing the latest marketing trends and strategies.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile