KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The Game's Afoot Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:04 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 4316
Been Liked: 1014 times
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Lone Ranger, I'm going to put a little scenario out for you to ponder.

What if you asked the bar/lodge to donate to real charities the money that a regular host would be making. That way you would be off the hook for actually receiving ANY pay at all. Then your "feel goods" can be met. Maybe you could even designate where the money goes. But I will bet dollars to donuts they would tell you that they already give to charities. And that the money they make from your "enterprise" is already being used for operating/overhead costs. I can almost guarantee that they are NOT donating as much as you would like to believe, and that is because they don't want to be bothered with the paperwork. But someone there is benefiting from your "generosity", that much is certain. Ask yourself who that might be. Your benevolence is truly being taken advantage of, that is obvious to everyone except yourself.

Bottom line, if you turned over your "enterprise" to someone who could actually benefit from it becoming successful, if it ever did, then you would be doing a much bigger service to our industry, whether it's DJ work or KJ work, it's all the same entertainment. It's not ego to be profitable, it's smart.


Been there done that MR.SCOTT, when I retired the first time all of the gigs I had developed did go to working KJ's that got paid what I did when I left, except for the ELK's Lodge, who decided to go the member volunteer route. We don't live in a vacuum, neither does the non-profits, if they were to all disappear you would see how much they do for local communities. Especially the Moose's work with orphaned and abandoned children, the various Veteran organizations making sure Vets are represented, and get their earned benefits, Shriner's and St. Jude's helping children who can't afford medical treatment, the list goes on and on. I didn't realize how short sighted some of us can be, how selfish, not caring about the forgotten man, that even Trump forgot about, after bringing him up during the last election.


Sorry, I ain't buying what you or they are selling. I have seen it first hand how some of these places operate, and how they do business isn't all what they are saying they are doing. They are making money. Simple as that. What you are doing is feeding their cash cow. I don't know how you cannot see that!!! And in the process you are putting your middle finger up at all of the karaoke industry. You should be totally ashamed of what you are doing. That is how I see it.

And I agree 100%. It's going to be very hard for another KJ to take over LR's gig and ask for $150, which is a reasonable amount, when they are used to getting the entertainment for free. In fact, I would bet it would be nearly impossible.... thanks to LR screwing it up for everyone else.

Let me just say this...

There is no business that I know of that is giving out freebies because of the pandemic. Bars and restaurants are still charging for food and drinks. Movie theaters are not letting people in free. Auto dealers aren't giving away free cars. You still have to pay for tuition to go to college. You still have to pay your monthly bills ( mortgage, gas, electric, cable, phone, etc.). Walmart is not giving you anything free... even your doctor or dentist is not going to see you for free.

I have to say, LR, you are really an idiot. It's people like you that are hurting the industry and making it harder for KJ's/DJ's to compete and find a place that's willing to pay them $150, which is very reasonable.

These places that you're working for are making money. You're being taken advantage of and hurting your fellow KJ's.

The pandemic has hurt a lot of KJ's. Many have lost jobs and lost money. They're having a hard enough time finding work without you making it worse by sending the message that karaoke is worthless entertainment and working for free.

Mrscott is right, what you're doing is giving the middle finger to KJ's who want to work and trying to survive. You are despicable. You don't care about anyone but yourself.

If you want to help someone... wouldn't it make more sense to help out fellow KJ's who DO need the money instead of giving freebies to clubs who are making money and can definitely afford to pay for entertainment? This hurts the rest of us.

I think you got your priorities in the wrong place.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:

Sorry, I ain't buying what you or they are selling. I have seen it first hand how some of these places operate, and how they do business isn't all what they are saying they are doing. They are making money. Simple as that. What you are doing is feeding their cash cow. I don't know how you cannot see that!!! And in the process you are putting your middle finger up at all of the karaoke industry. You should be totally ashamed of what you are doing. That is how I see it.


MR.SCOTT even a non-profit has to cover it's operating costs, or it will have to close it's doors. Many American Legion Posts and also VFW's have had to merge or close their doors forever. You are not a Veteran, therefore have never had to go through the red tape, to get your benefits owed you for your service. My cow is full, I don't mind feeding theirs so they can stay open. Once again I have to point out this has nothing to do with karaoke, I am the only DJ in this area that I know of. So I'm not impacting anyone's rice bowl. I think the rest of you should be ashamed, you give the impression that all karaoke, or entertainment is about is making money. Shouldn't the first task of any host is to be entertaining. If he or she is not, they are not worth paying. If anyone is giving a middle finger to the industry, it is the hacks that give hosting a bad name.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
Alan B wrote:


Sorry, I ain't buying what you or they are selling. I have seen it first hand how some of these places operate, a
And I agree 100%. It's going to be very hard for another KJ to take over LR's gig and ask for $150, which is a reasonable amount, when they are used to getting the entertainment for free. In fact, I would bet it would be nearly impossible.... thanks to LR screwing it up for everyone else.

Let me just say this...

There is no business that I know of that is giving out freebies because of the pandemic. Bars and restaurants are still charging for food and drinks. Movie theaters are not letting people in free. Auto dealers aren't giving away free cars. You still have to pay for tuition to go to college. You still have to pay your monthly bills ( mortgage, gas, electric, cable, phone, etc.). Walmart is not giving you anything free... even your doctor or dentist is not going to see you for free.

I have to say, LR, you are really an idiot. It's people like you that are hurting the industry and making it harder for KJ's/DJ's to compete and find a place that's willing to pay them $150, which is very reasonable.

These places that you're working for are making money. You're being taken advantage of and hurting your fellow KJ's.

The pandemic has hurt a lot of KJ's. Many have lost jobs and lost money. They're having a hard enough time finding work without you making it worse by sending the message that karaoke is worthless entertainment and working for free.

Mrscott is right, what you're doing is giving the middle finger to KJ's who want to work and trying to survive. You are despicable. You don't care about anyone but yourself.

If you want to help someone... wouldn't it make more sense to help out fellow KJ's who DO need the money instead of giving freebies to clubs who are making money and can definitely afford to pay for entertainment? This hurts the rest of us.

I think you got your priorities in the wrong place.



You don't have to buy anything, you do what you want, I do what I want, we are never going to see eye to eye on this. KJ's that aren't working is due to their on sloth and not anything I'm doing. I have shown that you can create work if you are willing to work. If you are just going to sit on your backside and (@$%&#!) about what others are doing and getting done, it is your own fault, your lack of drive not mine. Once things return to normal then you can run your business how you see fit. All I'm doing is trying to keep a few venues open until happier and more profitable times. With the rise of inflation you will also see a rise in wages hopefully. Like the Republicans like to point out a rising tide lifts all boats.

P.S. By your standards yes my priorities are messed up. I never put money at the center of my life, and as a result I have all I need. True I don't get all of my wants, but then again getting everything you want, still won't make you happy, if you don't have your priorities in line with your core beliefs. Yes you can make money being a Mercenary, but look at the effect you have on others lives.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Alan B wrote:


Sorry, I ain't buying what you or they are selling. I have seen it first hand how some of these places operate, a
And I agree 100%. It's going to be very hard for another KJ to take over LR's gig and ask for $150, which is a reasonable amount, when they are used to getting the entertainment for free. In fact, I would bet it would be nearly impossible.... thanks to LR screwing it up for everyone else.

Let me just say this...

There is no business that I know of that is giving out freebies because of the pandemic. Bars and restaurants are still charging for food and drinks. Movie theaters are not letting people in free. Auto dealers aren't giving away free cars. You still have to pay for tuition to go to college. You still have to pay your monthly bills ( mortgage, gas, electric, cable, phone, etc.). Walmart is not giving you anything free... even your doctor or dentist is not going to see you for free.

I have to say, LR, you are really an idiot. It's people like you that are hurting the industry and making it harder for KJ's/DJ's to compete and find a place that's willing to pay them $150, which is very reasonable.

These places that you're working for are making money. You're being taken advantage of and hurting your fellow KJ's.

The pandemic has hurt a lot of KJ's. Many have lost jobs and lost money. They're having a hard enough time finding work without you making it worse by sending the message that karaoke is worthless entertainment and working for free.

Mrscott is right, what you're doing is giving the middle finger to KJ's who want to work and trying to survive. You are despicable. You don't care about anyone but yourself.

If you want to help someone... wouldn't it make more sense to help out fellow KJ's who DO need the money instead of giving freebies to clubs who are making money and can definitely afford to pay for entertainment? This hurts the rest of us.

I think you got your priorities in the wrong place.



You don't have to buy anything, you do what you want, I do what I want, we are never going to see eye to eye on this. KJ's that aren't working is due to their on sloth and not anything I'm doing. I have shown that you can create work if you are willing to work. If you are just going to sit on your backside and <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> about what others are doing and getting done, it is your own fault, your lack of drive not mine. Once things return to normal then you can run your business how you see fit. All I'm doing is trying to keep a few venues open until happier and more profitable times. With the rise of inflation you will also see a rise in wages hopefully. Like the Republicans like to point out a rising tide lifts all boats.

P.S. By your standards yes my priorities are messed up. I never put money at the center of my life, and as a result I have all I need. True I don't get all of my wants, but then again getting everything you want, still won't make you happy, if you don't have your priorities in line with your core beliefs. Yes you can make money being a Mercenary, but look at the effect you have on others life's.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
Ya know what? I want the name of each of the lodges and their locations, and the managers number. So I can call them and just see how they view "entertainment" and it's value now. And yes, I am serious. You know that I won't be taking your gig from you since I am hundreds of miles away, so your ego can still be stroked.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:59 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:
Ya know what? I want the name of each of the lodges and their locations, and the managers number. So I can call them and just see how they view "entertainment" and it's value now. And yes, I am serious. You know that I won't be taking your gig from you since I am hundreds of miles away, so your ego can still be stroked.


Yeah that would be real smart, you can put your two cents in and try to rock the boat, no way Jose! I don't need my ego stroked, or any type of reward, virtue is it's on reward.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:59 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Sorry, I ain't buying what you or they are selling. I have seen it first hand how some of these places operate, and how they do business isn't all what they are saying they are doing. They are making money. Simple as that. What you are doing is feeding their cash cow. I don't know how you cannot see that!!! And in the process you are putting your middle finger up at all of the karaoke industry. You should be totally ashamed of what you are doing. That is how I see it.


MR.SCOTT even a non-profit has to cover it's operating costs, or it will have to close it's doors. Many American Legion Posts and also VFW's have had to merge or close their doors forever. You are not a Veteran, therefore have never had to go through the red tape, to get your benefits owed you for your service. My cow is full, I don't mind feeding theirs so they can stay open. Once again I have to point out this has nothing to do with karaoke, I am the only DJ in this area that I know of. So I'm not impacting anyone's rice bowl. I think the rest of you should be ashamed, you give the impression that all karaoke, or entertainment is about is making money. Shouldn't the first task of any host is to be entertaining. If he or she is not, they are not worth paying. If anyone is giving a middle finger to the industry, it is the hacks that give hosting a bad name.


That is correct. Yes, even these non profits have operating costs, we can agree on that. Part of that is the cost of entertainment. They have to pay someone to have upkeep on their pool tables too. So why on earth would you just flat out give them free labor. Oh, I guess you are a worthless person too then, right?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:01 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Ya know what? I want the name of each of the lodges and their locations, and the managers number. So I can call them and just see how they view "entertainment" and it's value now. And yes, I am serious. You know that I won't be taking your gig from you since I am hundreds of miles away, so your ego can still be stroked.


Yeah that would be real smart, you can put your two cents in and try to rock the boat, no way Jose! I don't need my ego stroked, or any type of reward, virtue is it's on reward.


Yeah, just as I thought. It's all about your "feel goods". Honestly, that is such a stupid reason.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:05 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:

Yeah, just as I thought. It's all about your "feel goods". Honestly, that is such a stupid reason.



I have always lived my life based on the "Hierarchy Of Needs" exposed by the late Abraham Maslow. I am working towards a goal of self actualization. Most of us never reach that level where we are totally self actualized, but it is a goal I feel is worth achieving. It goes back to the principal of being true to one's self.


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:10 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
Lone Ranger. I am sorry if you and I don't see eye to eye on what you are doing. But seriously, it makes me so angry at what you are doing. The karaoke AND DJ industry has taken so many hits over the last 2 decades and this is just one more blow. Most of us have invested tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours in growing our businesses and honing our skills. Only to have someone like you purposely yank the rug out from our feet yet once again. You don't see these lodges as the same thing as bars or clubs, but I can tell you that is false. THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY TOO!!

I am done saying all that I can say to you. You won't listen and you have your own ego to blame. You are a terrible person.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:
Lone Ranger. I am sorry if you and I don't see eye to eye on what you are doing. But seriously, it makes me so angry at what you are doing. The karaoke AND DJ industry has taken so many hits over the last 2 decades and this is just one more blow. Most of us have invested tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours in growing our businesses and honing our skills. Only to have someone like you purposely yank the rug out from our feet yet once again. You don't see these lodges as the same thing as bars or clubs, but I can tell you that is false. THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY TOO!!

I am done saying all that I can say to you. You won't listen and you have your own ego to blame. You are a terrible person.


So is Trump but you still voted for him didn't you?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:15 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Lone Ranger. I am sorry if you and I don't see eye to eye on what you are doing. But seriously, it makes me so angry at what you are doing. The karaoke AND DJ industry has taken so many hits over the last 2 decades and this is just one more blow. Most of us have invested tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours in growing our businesses and honing our skills. Only to have someone like you purposely yank the rug out from our feet yet once again. You don't see these lodges as the same thing as bars or clubs, but I can tell you that is false. THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY TOO!!

I am done saying all that I can say to you. You won't listen and you have your own ego to blame. You are a terrible person.


So is Trump but you still voted for him didn't you?


So what if I did? Who I vote for is absolutely nobody's business but mine. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you are doing. NOTHING


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:20 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:

So what if I did? That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you are doing. NOTHING


Oh yes it does, because it shows me where you are at. I'm so terrible, an ego maniac, selfish, not caring about others. Yet you vote for a leader that embodies all of these traits. So really you don't care as much about your feelings, when it comes time to vote. Remember when you are Self Actualized you achieve your full potential including creative activities.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:26 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

So what if I did? That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you are doing. NOTHING


Oh yes it does, because it shows me where you are at. I'm so terrible, an ego maniac, selfish, not caring about others. Yet you vote for a leader that embodies all of these traits. So really you don't care as much about your feelings, when it comes time to vote. Remember when you are Self Actualized you achieve your full potential including creative activities.


Lone Ranger, "OH HOLY ONE", enlighten me!!! SMH

First off, you are so wrong on whom I voted for, or didn't vote for. And if you are so "Self Actualized", then you would be giving EVERYTHING you possess away to those less fortunate than yourself. Otherwise you are being a total hypocrite. But you PURPOSELY are doing what you are doing to the entertainment business without regard to the consequences of your actions. AND YOU ADMIT IT TOO!!. I can't wait for all the lawsuits towards you from all the local entertainers in your area....oh boy!!! Wringing my hands now!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:

First off, you are so wrong on whom I voted for, or didn't vote for. And if you are so "Self Actualized", then you would be giving EVERYTHING you possess away to those less fortunate than yourself. Otherwise you are being a total hypocrite. But you PURPOSELY are doing what you are doing to the entertainment business without regard to the consequences of your actions. AND YOU ADMIT IT TOO!!. I can't wait for all the lawsuits towards you from all the local entertainers in your area....oh boy!!! Wringing my hands now!


There will be no law suits, there are no DJ's in the area, get over it. Also I talked with all of the KJ's in the area and they don't have a problem with what I'm doing. Only you hundreds of miles away do. You have to have standing to file a law suit, and prove harm, there is none since I'm not directly competing with other hosts in the area. If ever I would be brought to court, I think any judge would throw out such a suit, since most of them belong to these organizations as well. Also it cost money to file a law suit, most hosts wouldn't even bother. If SC couldn't do anything about pirates, how could local hosts sue when they don't even have standing?


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:34 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

First off, you are so wrong on whom I voted for, or didn't vote for. And if you are so "Self Actualized", then you would be giving EVERYTHING you possess away to those less fortunate than yourself. Otherwise you are being a total hypocrite. But you PURPOSELY are doing what you are doing to the entertainment business without regard to the consequences of your actions. AND YOU ADMIT IT TOO!!. I can't wait for all the lawsuits towards you from all the local entertainers in your area....oh boy!!! Wringing my hands now!


There will be no law suits, there are no DJ's in the area, get over it. Also I talked with all of the KJ's in the area and they don't have a problem with what I'm doing. Only you hundreds of miles away do. You have to have standing to file a law suit, and prove harm, there is none since I'm not directly competing with other hosts in the area. If ever I would be brought to court, I think any judge would throw out such a suit, since most of them belong to these organizations as well. Also it cost money to file a law suit, most hosts wouldn't even bother.


Again, you are admitting to what you are doing is wrong. Astounding!!!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:37 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:

Again, you are admitting to what you are doing is wrong. Astounding!!!


I'm not admitting anything, the right or wrong of this is all in your mind. I have based my whole life on serving others and supporting my local community. If this is wrong then put me in jail, if you can?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:43 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

So what if I did? That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you are doing. NOTHING


Oh yes it does, because it shows me where you are at. I'm so terrible, an ego maniac, selfish, not caring about others. Yet you vote for a leader that embodies all of these traits. So really you don't care as much about your feelings, when it comes time to vote. Remember when you are Self Actualized you achieve your full potential including creative activities.



P.S. Doesn't "So what if I did"?, mean that yes I did vote for Trump?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2266
Been Liked: 263 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Again, you are admitting to what you are doing is wrong. Astounding!!!


I'm not admitting nothing, the right or wrong of this is all in your mind. I have based my whole life on serving others and supporting my local community. If this is wrong then put me in jail, if you can?


You come on here, sitting behind the anonymity of a web forum, touting what you are doing and even "why". You claim to be "helping" these places, yet in the process "knowing" you are doing harm to an industry that has been struggling as it is. You claim to be doing it all in the guise of "self actualization", which means you doing in through humility and kindness. But simply by touting your deeds says to us that you are less than humble, and that shows who you really are.

Sure, go ahead and serve your fellow man, that is a good and noble thing. But the very second you boast about it, you are not doing it for the reason you say you are. It all becomes about "you". With you going in and saying "I am a great DJ, I will save you", you are not doing them any real favors. These lodges DO NOT NEED your benevolence, they need to step up to the plate and take care of their own business.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:56 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5815
Been Liked: 621 times
mrscott wrote:

That is correct. Yes, even these non profits have operating costs, we can agree on that. Part of that is the cost of entertainment. They have to pay someone to have upkeep on their pool tables too. So why on earth would you just flat out give them free labor. Oh, I guess you are a worthless person too then, right?


Unlike yourself I don't consider my worth as a person based purely on money. The Love of which is the root of all evil. You act is if I'm pulling the oar of a slave ship or something. I'm a free agent and can do with my service what ever I want to. I thought you were about the rights of the individual, to do what they think is right? You are the one who is a hypocrite, and don't really believe in self determination.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 142 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech