KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How was your first night back hosting karaoke? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
when was it, how'd you do, how many showed up? how has it been since?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:32 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
my first night back was the beginning of this month. i felt like i was rusty--these 3 or so months away is probably the longest time i've spent without hosting karaoke.

i had like 1-2 singers, not much karaoke at all, but folks sitting around appreciated me there.

the staff wore masks. but not as many patrons wore masks--which made me think "how y'all actually come to a venue without a mask whatsoever; wow they let you in like that?" i know folks can do what they want, i just wasn't used to seeing folks getting into someplace public without a mask anywhere on their person at all, whatsoever. like it's july 2018.

i was set up inside. but they also had outside seating. there were more patrons outside than inside. you'd think they'd put me outside...but they didn't. since it was my first night, i just rolled with everything knowing i'd be rusty as hell.

the following week, i was still set up inside but i had more singers. still there were patrons without a mask on whatsoever. karaoke singers without a mask, too. i wiped the mics as often as i could. beware, folks know when they're singing next in the rotation so they just come up and grab the mic after the last person sang without you getting a chance to wipe it down. ah well. had to wipe it afterwards...i kept a bunch of cleaning supplies around in plain sight for folks to use.

it does dawn on you: gosh i hope to God none of these folks get sick. I already had it in March so I feel kinda immune. (Didn't have a fever, didn't feel my life was in danger, but I had some of the other annoying symptoms and was in bed, for days.)

my opinion: nice to have karaoke back. but i'd agree karaoke shouldn't be everywhere yet. please wait this thing out a little longer. this is only 1 of my weekly gigs that has started back up. i'm glad the others haven't started.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:59 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2086 times
1st night (Thurs June 11) had 23 singers, next night (Fri) 31 singers, and Sat had 25.
Went back to 7 nights shortly after and have been avg 10 to 15 during week and 25 to 30 on weekends

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile