KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of recovery Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1646 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Seems by now they could run a Mac Truck through there and not even touch the walls.
Did Apple restart their vehicle research program?

:wink:
Attachment:
Mac.png
Mac.png [ 307.51 KiB | Viewed 3425 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 562 times
I guess you can mix your Mac's and Apples after all!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

It would seem that the Grim Reaper aka Moscow Mitch is at it again. He has no intention of passing a second stimulus package before Christmas break. Maybe there will be a vote to at least continue funding the government, but what the hell. It seems that the Republicans have decided to burn everything to the ground, before Biden can even be sworn in. There is little doubt he will have the worst set of problems coming into office since F.D.R. I just hope there are enough votes to keep everything going another four years. I'm getting closer to the finish line of life everyday. I worry about those who follow, if there is going to be a country, or if like Texas suggests there will be a final split?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:14 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 931 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
It would seem that the Grim Reaper aka Moscow Mitch is at it again. He has no intention of passing a second stimulus package before Christmas break. Maybe there will be a vote to at least continue funding the government, but what the hell. It seems that the Republicans have decided to burn everything to the ground, before Biden can even be sworn in. There is little doubt he will have the worst set of problems coming into office since F.D.R. I just hope there are enough votes to keep everything going another four years. I'm getting closer to the finish line of life everyday. I worry about those who follow, if there is going to be a country, or if like Texas suggests there will be a final split?

My dear friend... Even though it's over for Trump, the division of the country that he fueled is not going to go away. His cult followers don't trust anyone except their leader. A man whose entire presidency has been about lies, corruption, and conspiracy theories. His supporters are not going to change after he's gone. The Republican party is no longer what it used to be and what it stood for. Trump changed all that.

Luckily, Biden was elected president because the majority of people were sick of Trump's sh*t. But because Trump totally destroyed the republican party, Biden is going to have a hard time at accomplishing the agenda that he wants to put in place. I'm sure that the Senate will fight him every step of the way.

Trump has gotten the Republicans to no longer do what's good for the people but what's good for Trump and his party. Unfortunately, I see this trend continuing. I really don't know what the Republican party stands for any more.

For the past 4 years just about every senate Republican has enabled this mad man and went along with the craziness. They are nothing but a bunch of spineless jellyfish.

All I can say is that I seriously wish Biden the best of luck trying to deal with and overturn the mess that Trump created.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 88 times
I predict he's behind bars or fled to another country by the end of 2021. Trump has definitely peaked. After January 20, it's all downhill from there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:22 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I guess you can mix your Mac's and Apples after all!

Just don't mix your Macks and Apples ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
I predict he's behind bars or fled to another country by the end of 2021. Trump has definitely peaked. After January 20, it's all downhill from there.

Seems like you won't have to wait long for your prediction to come true. The State of New York is moving ahead with the investigations concerning Bank Fraud, and possible Tax evasion by the Trump organization. The state has sued for financial information and won in court. The documents in question must be handed over by the 18th of this month, only two days away. Already the immunity of the office of president is starting to fade away. I would suggest that it will get worse as the new year wears on. I don't know who the new AG will be since Barr has resigned and will no longer be holding Trump's legal coat any longer.

On a lighter note maybe some relief package will be passed before Christmas break? It would be really hard for reps to go home during the holidays and say nothing has been done! Especially when they will all be sitting in their warm homes, having their Christmas feasts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:10 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Already the immunity of the office of president is starting to fade away. I would suggest that it will get worse as the new year wears on.

Something tells me Trump's downfall is going to drag on forever just like his presidency. Not looking forward to it. Especially after this year. Maybe we'll get lucky. Maybe 2021 will be completely different. Maybe Trump will just go away and everyone will just agree to forget him. Maybe Biden will lead in a new era of knowledge and understanding and peace and harmony. Fingers crossed for anything better than this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

A final deal has been made on the new stimulus bill, it will be voted on by both houses and sent to the president for his signing. I just wonder if as a last act of spite he will veto it? It should be interesting to see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The next act of the play has begun. All of the lawmakers have left town for the holidays, and what does The Donald do? He says the stimulus is not enough, he wants 2,000.00 to 4,000.00 dollar, individual and couple checks in the mail. He should know after gutting the Post Office those checks won't get to people before next year. When will the Republicans ever learn that Trump is their worst nightmare? They can't control him, and whatever deal they cut he will attack. They better hope his power leaves him once he leaves office. If not then he will be constantly attacking GOP lawmakers, and putting his people in key spots. So if he wins in 2024 he can continue the job of wrecking our Democracy, and ripping up the foundations of our government. Next time around we might not be so fortunate, he nearly won another 4 years?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 312 times
Alright, Congress did their part. The only one that can be blamed for not providing the Coronavirus relief that we so desperately need is Trump who is taking it out on the American people for not reelecting him. Another freaking temper tantrum by our diaper Donald.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 312 times
Oh I am in favor of repealing section 203. With that out of the way not only could I sue Facebook for allowing scammers to sell on Facebook through the paid for ads, I could also sue them for everytime they allowed Trump to lie on Facebook. Or on Twitter. It's a double edged sword that can bite Trump in the butt. It might actually up Facebook's and Twitter's response to Trump much tighter than before.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1206 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Oh I am in favor of repealing section 203. With that out of the way not only could I sue Facebook for allowing scammers to sell on Facebook through the paid for ads, I could also sue them for everytime they allowed Trump to lie on Facebook. Or on Twitter. It's a double edged sword that can bite Trump in the butt. It might actually up Facebook's and Twitter's response to Trump much tighter than before.

repealing 203 means they can no longer fact check or block posts for breaking the rules. all the trump lies that DID get caught and blocked would go through and gum things up even more.it also means that the GOP can sue facebook for every post that said Biden won because they disagree. every post that told what pumpkinfurher ACTUALLY did would be more law suits.think how quickly that would go out of control.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:49 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Staying on topic, the IRS started depositing second round of stimulus payments last night and that's definitely a good sign. I hope KJs start seeing them soon. December has not been a good month. Hopefully this is start of a better January and a better new year for all of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29J1B1

1.5 trillion is definitely a sign of recovery and should greatly help the karaoke community. KJs should get help. Restaurants and bars will get help. The singers who were out of work will get help. Combined with the vaccine rollout, spring and summer should be a lot better than last year. Despite it's rocky start, it looks like 2021 is going to be a much better year all around.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-stimulus/biden-to-unveil-plan-to-pump-1-5-trillion-into-pandemic-hit-economy-idUSKBN29J1B1

1.5 trillion is definitely a sign of recovery and should greatly help the karaoke community. KJs should get help. Restaurants and bars will get help. The singers who were out of work will get help. Combined with the vaccine rollout, spring and summer should be a lot better than last year. Despite it's rocky start, it looks like 2021 is going to be a much better year all around.

Don't be surprised Bob if Republicans in the Senate continue to drag their feet. Bernie Sanders is for using a simple majority in the Senate to pass new legislation, that is if Joe Manchin will agree. I know if McConnell was calling the shots he would bypass the 60 vote rule, like he did for Supreme Court appointments. Democrats are going to have to get over being nice guys, if given the power they don't use it, and pass meaningful reforms, then they will lose come the next election cycle. People want to see results, it is time to put up or shut up, or go home.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:57 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

yes Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Don't be surprised Bob if Republicans in the Senate continue to drag their feet.

Attachment:
DD.gif
DD.gif [ 450.39 KiB | Viewed 439 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Just saying Bob the Dems have to be a tough as the Republicans if they want to do anything meaningful. It is just the nature of the beast. Mitch's goal was to have little or no accomplishments for the Democrats moving forward, that is still the goal. I don't think is is being a downer but a realist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Mitch won't have much say after the 20th. It's time to take him down off your imaginary pedestal. He is no longer relevant. The democrats, and rightly so, will be able to get a lot done in the next two years with their new majority.

When you push the negative side of an argument that is either illogical or the math doesn't favor that result, then yes, you're just trying to be a downer. A realist would state the facts. Mitch's "goals" are meaningless after the 20th. Your statement is deceiving by implying he still has any power.

It's like when Debbie downer says "we could all die in a nuclear explosion today!". Well yeah we could, but the odds are so low, that to even bring it up is absurdly negative. I know you're retired, but unlike you, try to remember that most of the folks reading this have more to look forward to than just death. They're looking for a little more positivity and reason to be hopeful. Especially in times like these. Faith is what gets people through tough times. They don't want to read some old retired man rant about his grim outlook on everything. I sure don't and I'm 53, but I guess I should thank you for making me never want to retire. People like you scare the crap out of me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next