KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of recovery Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 538 times
:!: What I saw last night and has been reported even on Fox News was that the stadium was not full, and the only a fraction of of the floor space was occupied. There were more protestors outside than Trump supporters inside. Oh I see now this is a photo opt with the crowd massed around the podium, if you look closely you can see the upper tiers empty. This is a close up shot, and the far away full video pan view would reveal just how empty the event really was. All the reports I have seen and the video evidence of last night indicates that the stadium was no where near full capacity. If that were not the case, why is Trump complaining today about the protesters and fake news whipping up fear of the virus, as major reasons for the event not filling up?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 299 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: This thread is supposed to looking for signs of recovery? I didn't see much of a recovery last night in Tulsa with the rally, the stadium was nowhere near filled. Those attending were not practicing social distancing, wearing masks, were indoors, hugging, screaming all of things you are not supposed to do. There were more masks outside, but then again they were outside. What was telling was six of the campaign staffers tested positive before the event. They were taking the temperatures of those attending, and required rally participants to sign an electronic waiver, to protect rally organizers, and the president from being sued.

No one wants to admit the virus is with us and will be affecting our lives for sometime to come. Facts are stubborn things, it is only stubborn people that choose to ignore them. For those hosts that want to start business again, any activity that promotes the spread of the virus is not a public service. You cannot have your cake and eat it to. You have to decide what is more important to you, safeguarding your patrons, or going back to work. I know for several of you it is a matter of economic survival to go back to work. That is why the current system needs fixing, so workers won't have to choose between working to live, and not working to keep others safe.

Despite what Trump wants you to think, I have heard that a number of people reserved tickets to purposely lower the number of people going to make Trump look like the loser that he is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

:!: Danny the unofficial count of the number of people at the rally was around 7,000, about 12,000 short of filling up the stadium. Also there was not enough overflow without tickets, so they could be brought in to fill up the arena.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1616 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: Danny the unofficial count of the number of people at the rally was around 7,000, about 12,000 short of filling up the stadium. Also there was not enough overflow without tickets, so they could be brought in to fill up the arena.

TikTok users and Korean pop music fans are partly being credited for inflating attendance expectations at a less-than-full arena at President Trump's first political rally in months, held in Tulsa on Saturday.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24531177/

@ AOC: "Actually you just got ROCKED by teens on TikTok who flooded the Trump campaign w/ fake ticket reservations & tricked you into believing a million people wanted to attend”.
Attachment:
Bok2.png
Bok2.png [ 1.23 MiB | Viewed 3070 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:11 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

TikTok users and Korean pop music fans are partly being credited for inflating attendance expectations at a less-than-full arena at President Trump's first political rally in months, held in Tulsa on Saturday.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24531177/

@ AOC: "Actually you just got ROCKED by teens on TikTok who flooded the Trump campaign w/ fake ticket reservations & tricked you into believing a million people wanted to attend”.
Attachment:
Bok2.png

:?: I love it Brian one guy is wearing a mask and is very much more than 6 feet away from anyone at the rally. A big thumbs up for him :biggrinthumb: :biggrinthumb: :biggrinthumb: :biggrinthumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:55 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 915 times
Brian A wrote:
...a less-than-full arena at President Trump's first political rally in months, held in Tulsa on Saturday.

Brian, please don't use that word to describe this man. It is something he is not, nor will he ever be. The best way to describe him would be as a disgrace to America.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

:!: For those who were hoping for signs of recovery, you can look no further than Florida. In Dade county ICU beds in three hospitals are down to zero. The state is approaching 100,000 confirmed cases, young people are among those who are infected. The Governor Ron de Santis stated that increased testing is not to blame, since the rate of infection is greater than the tests administered. In fact the number of cases has doubled in the last ten days. The Governor is thinking about closing bars again, and possibly restaurants, those are the venues for most karaoke shows. Even though people are out and at beaches, sand bars, even though the weather is hot an humid, they all come home, use air conditioning, take off their masks, and gather in large family units.

Trump base is showing more sense than the president. They are not going to rallies in large indoor stadiums since they know, and their doctors have probably told them, it is unwise to do so. These young people are beginning to see they are not bullet proof, and they can become sick. I saw a report this morning the a Harvard economist is predicting the dollar will fall 35% in the next year, due to the drop of about that amount in the GDP. Such a drop coupled with everything else will make any recovery, a long drawn out process. We can see this back to business as usual was too soon. That states are having to once again close certain business's, many of the small ones will not reopen.

P.S. Starting to see posts where hosts are having to isolate themselves, I wonder how many are having to do so, and if so are they being replaced by venues during the home isolation?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 299 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: For those who were hoping for signs of recovery, you can look no further than Florida. In Dade county ICU beds in three hospitals are down to zero. The state is approaching 100,000 confirmed cases, young people are among those who are infected. The Governor Ron de Santis stated that increased testing is not to blame, since the rate of infection is greater than the tests administered. In fact the number of cases has doubled in the last ten days. The Governor is thinking about closing bars again, and possibly restaurants, those are the venues for most karaoke shows. Even though people are out and at beaches, sand bars, even though the weather is hot an humid, they all come home, use air conditioning, take off their masks, and gather in large family units.

Trump base is showing more sense than the president. They are not going to rallies in large indoor stadiums since they know, and their doctors have probably told them, it is unwise to do so. These young people are beginning to see they are not bullet proof, and they can become sick. I saw a report this morning the a Harvard economist is predicting the dollar will fall 35% in the next year, due to the drop of about that amount in the GDP. Such a drop coupled with everything else will make any recovery, a long drawn out process. We can see this back to business as usual was too soon. That states are having to once again close certain business's, many of the small ones will not reopen.

P.S. Starting to see posts where hosts are having to isolate themselves, I wonder how many are having to do so, and if so are they being replaced by venues during the home isolation?

Don't know where you are getting your information. According to a close friend the Governor of Florida has said that he is not going to close bars or restaurants period.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Don't know where you are getting your information. According to a close friend the Governor of Florida has said that he is not going to close bars or restaurants period.

:!: Got the Info from the horse's mouth, saw the Florida Governor being interviewed this morning, maybe your information is old. The number of confirmed cases has doubled in the last 10 days and is set to top 100,000. He said because of the spikes he is considering closing back down bars and night clubs. I do know Governor Como of New York is talking about placing in isolation travelers from Florida for 14 days, before they are released into the general population. I don't know if he has put that one in place?

P.S. A little update bars and clubs in the Jacksonville beach area are being closed again because of positive tests for corona virus. So any bars or clubs in the state that test positive, I guess could be closed again. These venues were shut down, in some cases after only being reopened one day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
bazinga wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
No KJ has ever been sued over their patrons catching the germs of another.
This may be so, but if this is accurate why are the attendees of the RNC "REQUIRED" to sign a waiver that acknowledges that if one catches the coronavirus they cannot sue?

That's easy. It's because the RNC could be a target of a lawsuit because they have money. KJs don't have money, which is why no one is trying to sue them at every turn. You might be able to get millions from the RNC, but you're not getting anywhere near that from of a random KJ. People usually don't sue unless it's worth retiring over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2090 times
bazinga wrote:
Lonman wrote:
We started up last Thurs fri and sat. Going full 7 nights (limited hours) beginning next Monday.

Hey Lonnie are your patrons practicing good social distancing or are they throwing caution into the wind?
The bar is enforcing their distancing requirements ie half capacity 5 people max per table. They took out all tables that would put them over the cap. No one allowed to sit at bar, all employees required to wear masks and gloves. Masks are not required for bartender which is behind a pexi shield. They also put one up at my stations.
I have required all singers to remain on stage - no free roaming the bar or taking the mic to the table. No mic stands. I hand them a cleaned mic, then hand it back when done so I can clean it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:

That's easy. It's because the RNC could be a target of a lawsuit because they have money. KJs don't have money, which is why no one is trying to sue them at every turn. You might be able to get millions from the RNC, but you're not getting anywhere near that from of a random KJ. People usually don't sue unless it's worth retiring over.

:!: Not that easy even SC when they were trying to sue KJ's decided to shift their sights on to the venues that hired them. They determined the deep pockets were the venues themselves. When the venue gets sued, it effects the host since they are the one's paying the KJ. I don't think anyone is looking the retire, but if they could even get their lost working time, and medical costs that would help. If you think there is no risk, why don't you host a show, and see?

I love it a host is so far down the food chain they aren't worthy to be sued? Some do have assets and I'm sure they would not want to risk them. One thing that always gets me, hosts are too poor to be sued, they get paid very little today, since the competition is so intense, they always have to worry about someone trying to get their gigs, they can be fired just like that, and now they run the risk of getting a disease that could kill them, or members of their family. So tell me again why anyone would want to do the job? Oh that's right they would have to give up show business?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1549 times
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:
...a less-than-full arena at President Trump's first political rally in months, held in Tulsa on Saturday.

Brian, please don't use that word to describe this man. It is something he is not, nor will he ever be. The best way to describe him would be as a disgrace to America.
In 4 1/2 years when the PRESIDENT leaves office and a new kid in town takes over, don't be surprised when the "vigilantes" come knocking. You might wish you had voted differently. It really does look like there is a new party taking over, and I don't think they intend on following current rules.

If you like what is happening please PM me your address so I can send someone over to restyle your car, and artistically decorate your house. It doesn't seem to matter what political party you belong to either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
In 4 1/2 years when the PRESIDENT leaves office and a new kid in town takes over, don't be surprised when the "vigilantes" come knocking. You might wish you had voted differently. It really does look like there is a new party taking over, and I don't think they intend on following current rules.

If you like what is happening please PM me your address so I can send someone over to restyle your car, and artistically decorate your house. It doesn't seem to matter what political party you belong to either.

:?: What are you talking about mrmarog? The current president is leaving office, in about 4 months, he is trailing in the polls by as much as 14 points and dropping! If vigilantes are coming they will becoming soon, but it won't be vigilantes, it will be the law and the only doors they will be knocking on is the president, all of his henchmen, enablers, and they are going to face the full weight of the law. It is the current administration which is not following the law, and whose AG has is turning the DOJ into the DIJ aka Department of Injustice.

If anyone should be worried it is those who voted for the current administration, they have voted in the most racist, corrupt, despotic, set of crooks that have ever occupied the oval office, the Republican enablers, who have made a mockery of all of our government safeguards and institutions. On top of that they have helped in the thousands of needless deaths that have resulted, from their mismanaging of this pandemic. It will take years for the country to dig it's way out of the financial, and personal lose suffered by millions. These are the very same people who want to continue a system of social injustice, and to continue the unequal treatment of millions of legal U.S. citizens, no matter what the color of their skin might be.

You are right about one thing we are all to blame for years of broken systems, which are not working. They won't start working like the founders intended until all of us get out and vote, and break this wheel, we are all tied to. If anyone is going to be hiding it is going to be those who supported Donald J. Trump, they should, they should cover their heads.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 915 times
mrmarog wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:

I have never been affiliated with any particular party... meaning, I am neither a strong Democrat or Republican. I will vote for someone who I feel has the qualifications to lead this country, regardless of party.

So, with that said... I will always support a candidate who puts the interest of the American people before his own. If I like you and what you stand for, is how I base my decision.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:10 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 112 times
Firstly, I would prefer to keep the politics out of these forums - please reserve the political debates for "The Lounge"

Having said that - @Alan B - Currently, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America. You need to accept that! You don't have to like it but it still remains a fact.

================================

I have started back at two of my shows at two venues.

I hoping the 5 other venues will return soon. I could seriously use all 12 shows a week!

We are wiping down the microphones with disinfectant wipes after each singer & we also have individually wrapped Microphone Hygiene Covers that singers may use.

I believe it is not on the KJ or the venue to be responsible for singers/customers! These individuals have decided to come out. No one made them therefore, they are ultimately responsible for their own actions.

I personally do not & will not wear a mask nor gloves - this is my choice. If you decide to wear or use that is your choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Phill Cross wrote:
Firstly, I would prefer to keep the politics out of these forums - please reserve the political debates for "The Lounge"

Having said that - @Alan B - Currently, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America. You need to accept that! You don't have to like it but it still remains a fact.

================================

I have started back at two of my shows at two venues.

I hoping the 5 other venues will return soon. I could seriously use all 12 shows a week!

We are wiping down the microphones with disinfectant wipes after each singer & we also have individually wrapped Microphone Hygiene Covers that singers may use.

I believe it is not on the KJ or the venue to be responsible for singers/customers! These individuals have decided to come out. No one made them therefore, they are ultimately responsible for their own actions.

I personally do not & will not wear a mask nor gloves - this is my choice. If you decide to wear or use that is your choice.

:!: Unfortunately Phill what anyone believes does not carry much weight in a legal court. If a venue or a person working for that venue as an independent contractor, knowingly engage in activities, that could cause death or injury to patrons, then they can be sued legally, at least in this country, mostly in civil court. Especially when so much information has been transmitted over different media sources. You know and I know that a karaoke show just about breaks every guide line put out. That it could be argued by any lawyer that it is the very definition of reckless endangerment. That all hosts would be doing a public service by not working now, since the very act of staying home is seen as saving lives currently.

It has just come to my attention that the government is going to be cutting funding for testing. Their reasoning is with less testing there will be fewer reported cases, making it look like things are getting better. We cannot base signs of recovery on false data just to make those in power look better. Testing is needed to get a handle on this problem, that is why soon travelers will be unable to go to the EU, since Europe does test and has bent is curve downward. So for those that are planning on a European vacation, you might have to go elsewhere. The only trouble is there is no place on the planet where things are worse than right here, right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:38 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: Unfortunately Phill what anyone believes does not carry much weight in a legal court. If a venue or a person working for that venue as an independent contractor, knowingly engage in activities, that could cause death or injury to patrons, then they can be sued legally, at least in this country, mostly in civil court. Especially when so much information has been transmitted over different media sources. You know and I know that a karaoke show just about breaks every guide line put out. That it could be argued by any lawyer that it is the very definition of reckless endangerment. That all hosts would be doing a public service by not working now, since the very act of staying home is seen as saving lives currently.

Actually, I spoke with two attorneys:
The person that wishes to file suit against anyone has to provide proof
    1) that the intent was to cause harm or the possibility of such intent exists (which it does not)
    2) that the person actually knows that they in fact got COVID19 from that specific location (which they cannot obviously prove!)
    3) that they were not aware of any potential risks involved in their participation or activity (which we all know is exaggerated daily by the media!)

This is a simple thing that I tell everyone:
    If you are sick or don't feel well - STAY at HOME!
    If you are in the High-Risk Group - STAY at HOME!
    If you live with people in the High-Risk Group - STAY at HOME!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

:!: I agree, and if you are doing something that could be seen as a public health menace STAY HOME!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: I agree, and if you are doing something that could be seen as a public health menace STAY HOME!

Not certain if you are implying that my working as a KJ is a public health menace or not? Because that would be absurd!

Whoever comes to my shows are taking the risks by being out. Does it not have risks going to Home Depot, Target, Walmart, a car wash, a fast-food or dine-in restaurant, or a number of other activities?!

The Lone Ranger wrote:
It has just come to my attention that the government is going to be cutting funding for testing. Their reasoning is with less testing there will be fewer reported cases, making it look like things are getting better. We cannot base signs of recovery on false data just to make those in power look better. Testing is needed to get a handle on this problem, that is why soon travelers will be unable to go to the EU, since Europe does test and has bent is curve downward. So for those that are planning on a European vacation, you might have to go elsewhere. The only trouble is there is no place on the planet where things are worse than right here, right now.

The current tests are providing many false positives, as well as, negatives. I don't believe them either but these numbers are the only numbers that we can currently work with.

* We had an England, Scotland & Ireland vacation scheduled for mid-September which due to COVID19 we had to cancel. We instead are going to spend our money domestically by visiting Nashville & New Orleans instead!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next