KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of recovery Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:21 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 547 times
One sign of recovery to me is restoring our Democratic Republic's institutions to their full power and effectiveness. We are in serious danger of losing our Democracy. Desperate Donald's resent actions and statements are further proof that there might not be for the first time in our history a peaceful transition of power, after the election. Trump talks of not bothering to count votes after election day, in that way there will be no transfer, he will just continue. Really isn't that what dictator's do? Don't they stop counting and say they have won?
He is also talking of a third term, someone should tell him that is against the Constitution, if that matters anymore? So what if we recover, if we are forced to live in a country that is no longer founded on Democratic Principles and rule of law?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 62 times
No doubt November is going to be interesting. Can only imagine what's going to happen.

On a note related to the original topic, August was our best sales month since February, so to me, things are slowly showing signs of recovery for the karaoke industry. Of course Trump could totally screw that up too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
No doubt November is going to be interesting. Can only imagine what's going to happen.

On a note related to the original topic, August was our best sales month since February, so to me, things are slowly showing signs of recovery for the karaoke industry. Of course Trump could totally screw that up too.

Just because you are making more sales, does that mean the entire karaoke industry is showing signs of recovery? Are hosts for example doing more shows, or back to their full amount of gigs? Most are in super spreader venues, and karaoke shows themselves, super spreader activities. Once the Fall flu season kicks in, there could be a new round of lock downs?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 303 times
It's looking like the karaoke season is about to shut down. Even though the Government is increasing the restaurant's capacity percentage, just plain bars are not even allowed to open up much less have entertainment. Only bars that have a food service in them are being allowed to operate and there's still no ok to do karaoke inside. I personally don't blame them since there's no vaccine yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:55 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1626 times
Friday, Sep 25, 2020: Republican Governor DeSantis of Florida moving into phase 3 of reopening with no limits on bars and restaurants.

His order allows bars & restaurants across Florida to reopen at full 100% capacity immediately. The governor also banned local fines against people who refuse to wear masks.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/flo ... g/2298246/

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... o-phase-3/

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1197 times
and the next wave begins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Friday, Sep 25, 2020: Republican Governor DeSantis of Florida moving into phase 3 of reopening with no limits on bars and restaurants.

His order allows bars & restaurants across Florida to reopen at full 100% capacity immediately. The governor also banned local fines against people who refuse to wear masks.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/flo ... g/2298246/

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... o-phase-3/

The Governor is doing all of this, his state has not met the Federal Guidelines to warrant such a phase 3 reopening, hell they haven't even met the phase 2 requirements. I hate to say it Trump is already trailing in Florida by 5%, if this reopening goes ahead more citizens will become infected and die. Maybe that is what it takes so the the Trump cultists and enablers finally see he is the little man behind the curtain, and they are not in Kansas anymore.

P.S. Dr. Fauci was recently asked if their was a way to stop the virus. He said yes we must all unite to beat Covid-19, that is the only way short of an effective, safe, fully tested, vetted vaccine. We have to have the same commitment as when Pearl Harbor and 911 happened. That means following all of the guide lines, not the watered down recent one's, but the original ones. That means social distancing, wearing masks mandatory in public places, like California does, washing hands frequently, more outdoor activities, which will be difficult in the Fall. If things get out of control we might have to go back to lock downs, everything is on the table.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Just because you are making more sales, does that mean the entire karaoke industry is showing signs of recovery?

It most certainly is a sign of recovery. The professional karaoke market is pretty much entirely KJs. When they increase the amount of money spent on equipment, software, and services, yes, it is indeed a sign of recovery.

The subject of this thread is "signs of recovery". Emphasis on the word "signs". No one said it is a "full" recovery. The entire purpose of this thread is to show (with facts) that we are surviving and slowly recovering. Also, you're retired! I still don't understand how you're in any position to contribute any hard facts to this thread. If you're not even trying to find KJ work, how are you even able to assess what's going on? From what you hear online? Really? Try being the Social Ranger for a change and go outside. I went to a karaoke show last night and for the first time since February, I had many to choose from. There are many signs of recovery. Apparently you have already forgotten how bad it got back in March and April. I haven't. I have hard numbers in front of me. Sales dropped to 9% of normal levels back then. They are back up to 60-70% of previously levels. If you can't even acknowledge that as a "sign", then your understanding of the English language needs some adjusting. Also, being an EX-KJ and sitting on the sidelines telling others how bad it is and constantly being the voice of doom and gloom is just plain $hitty to say the least. It does zero good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:

It most certainly is a sign of recovery. The professional karaoke market is pretty much entirely KJs. When they increase the amount of money spent on equipment, software, and services, yes, it is indeed a sign of recovery.

The subject of this thread is "signs of recovery". Emphasis on the word "signs". No one said it is a "full" recovery. The entire purpose of this thread is to show (with facts) that we are surviving and slowly recovering. Also, you're retired! I still don't understand how you're in any position to contribute any hard facts to this thread. If you're not even trying to find KJ work, how are you even able to assess what's going on? From what you hear online? Really? Try being the Social Ranger for a change and go outside. I went to a karaoke show last night and for the first time since February, I had many to choose from. There are many signs of recovery. Apparently you have already forgotten how bad it got back in March and April. I haven't. I have hard numbers in front of me. Sales dropped to 9% of normal levels back then. They are back up to 60-70% of previously levels. If you can't even acknowledge that as a "sign", then your understanding of the English language needs some adjusting. Also, being an EX-KJ and sitting on the sidelines telling others how bad it is and constantly being the voice of doom and gloom is just plain $hitty to say the least. It does zero good.

Tell me Bob how do you know for sure that it is professional KJ's that are buying your products? Most professionals even retired one's have all the equipment they need as far as hardware is concerned. They also have a good supply of software also, maybe your sales are due to at home none professionals, unable to go out in safety, still wanting that professional touch. Did that ever occur to you? Not a Social Ranger, but maybe trying to be a voice of reason? Yes many people are doing a lot of dangerous, risky things now, because they lack the patience to wait things out. This is the action of a child not an adult, just like children that put themselves in harm's way, they have to pay the price.

That is the whole point Bob I haven't forgot how bad things were in March and April. We are heading for a Fall repeat of the same situation that will extend into the New Year. It is estimated that the death toll will be over 415,000 by then, that a real vaccine will not be ready for mass distribution until the Fall of 2021. I'm not trying to find work because I don't need the work after over 19 years of plenty in the industry. Why should I compete with those that need the work to eat and pay their rent? I have a six month supply of everything I need, and own my home. What you see is a sign I take as the calm before the real storm. Whoever wins this next election will not be in the eye of the pandemic storm, they will be feeling the full force of the plague. It is you that refuses to face reality.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:

Tell me Bob how do you know for sure that it is professional KJ's that are buying your products? Most professionals even retired one's have all the equipment they need as far as hardware is concerned. They also have a good supply of software also, maybe your sales are due to at home none professionals, unable to go out in safety, still wanting that professional touch. Did that ever occur to you? Not a Social Ranger, but maybe trying to be a voice of reason? Yes many people are doing a lot of dangerous, risky things now, because they lack the patience to wait things out. This is the action of a child not an adult, just like children that put themselves in harm's way they have to pay the price.

That is the whole point Bob I haven't forgot how bad things were in March and April. We are heading for a Fall repeat of the same situation that will extend into the New Year. It is estimated that the death toll will be over 415,000 by then, that a real vaccine will not be ready for mass distribution until the Fall of 2021. I'm not trying to find work because I don't need the work after over 19 years of plenty in the industry. Why should I compete with those that need the work to eat and pay their rent? I have a six month supply of everything I need, and own my home. What you see is a sign I take as the calm before the real storm. Whoever wins this next election will not be in the eye of the pandemic storm, they will be feeling the full force of the plague. It is you that refuses to face reality.

P.S. Even though I'm not looking for work it is offered to me for private parties. I turn it down because morally getting a large group of people together in a super spreader activity is not acting responsibly. I would feel terrible if patrons became ill and died. I do keep my ear to the entertainment ground and for the most part locally, many old venues are closed. If they are open they are not hiring any hosts or bands right now! So no I don't see any real movement on the recovery needle, as far as entertainment is concerned. Hell I was lucky to get my hair cut last week, I was starting to look like Ben Hur chained to the galley oar.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

It's not completely a sign of recovery. My recent purchases are not an indicator of recovery for me, more like probably wishful thinking that I can get a real paying gig when they do open up the bars if they ever do. Right now there's no indication of it happening.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:57 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
It's not completely a sign of recovery. My recent purchases are not an indicator of recovery for me, more like probably wishful thinking that I can get a real paying gig when they do open up the bars if they ever do. Right now there's no indication of it happening.

It's a sign. You're confusing "complete" and "sign". It's not a complete recovery, but a sign of one. You know it's coming back or I doubt you would spend a penny on preparing. Here in Maryland, we've been pretty steady. Things went slightly backwards towards the end of the summer but that passed and establishments are back up to 75% capacity. All the local KJs who I follow are all currently working live gigs. It's different everywhere but it's definitely better than March and April. Some are taking less money for gigs since capacity isn't 100% but it's definitely better. If there's a fall wave, we will have to roll with the punches like we did with the first one, but I think it will be handled better since we're more prepared for what to expect.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
If there's a fall wave, we will have to roll with the punches like we did with the first one, but I think it will be handled better since we're more prepared for what to expect.

Are we really better prepared for what to expect? That would mean that we would all be following CDC guidelines and wearing masks, employing all of the other safe guards, so we could avoid another round of lock downs. It doesn't seem any real progress has been made we are still losing about 1,000 people a day to Covid-19. We are on track to have another 20,000 deaths in the next 21 days. Looking at the Trump rallies I see most of the people not wearing their mask, or social distancing. In fact they are booing officials who tell them they should be wearing a mask. I have little confidence that things will be better once everyone is forced inside by Fall and Winter weather. Also remember most state and local governments have spent all of their reserves fighting the first wave, they might have to cut back on first responders at a time they are needed the most?

P.S. Right now 22 states are reporting increases in infections, and deaths. New York City has reported for the first time in a long time 1,000 new infections in one day. If things are so much better, why has Trump decided not to mention the Covid-19 response, is more focused on jamming another justice on The Supreme Court? There is no mention of a new stimulus package being seriously discussed, the government is going to run out of money, and could shut down sometime this week, if a new stop gap bill is not passed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:15 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Are we really better prepared for what to expect?

You're not. You worry about everything. I wasn't referring to absolutely everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:

You're not. You worry about everything. I wasn't referring to absolutely everyone.

My worry is not so much for myself. I can afford to wait out the virus, if I do get it I'm old anyway by most people's reckoning, it makes little difference now what happens to me, or my wife, we have lived our lives. My concern if for those who must suffer, because we can't come together as a nation, and take the steps necessary to halt Covid-19. You don't want to deal with absolutes, I can see why since it is absolutely certain that things are going to get worse, before they get better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:26 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
If there's a fall wave, we will have to roll with the punches like we did with the first one, but I think it will be handled better since we're more prepared for what to expect.

Are we really better prepared for what to expect? That would mean that we would all be following CDC guidelines and wearing masks, employing all of the other safe guards, so we could avoid another round of lock downs. It doesn't seem any real progress has been made we are still losing about 1,000 people a day to Covid-19. We are on track to have another 20,000 deaths in the next 21 days. Looking at the Trump rallies I see most of the people not wearing their mask, or social distancing. In fact they are booing officials who tell them they should be wearing a mask. I have little confidence that things will be better once everyone is forced inside by Fall and Winter weather. Also remember most state and local governments have spent all of their reserves fighting the first wave, they might have to cut back on first responders at a time they are needed the most?

P.S. Right now 22 states are reporting increases in infections, and deaths. New York City has reported for the first time in a long time 1,000 new infections in one day. If things are so much better, why has Trump decided not to mention the Covid-19 response, is more focused on jamming another justice on The Supreme Court? There is no mention of a new stimulus package being seriously discussed, the government is going to run out of money, and could shut down sometime this week, if a new stop gap bill is not passed.

My understanding is that the stop gab bill has passed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:

My understanding is that the stop gap bill has passed.

Stop-Gap: This is a continuing resolution that provides funding for the government until Dec. 11, 2020, delaying the threat of a shutdown until after the general election.

Not to be confused with the HEROES act, or stimulus bill, which is back on the table for discussion. Speaker Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Mnuchin will continue talks about a possible second stimulus package that would almost certainly include another round of second stimulus payments to individuals.

The House is scheduled to go on recess October 2nd. The Senate break is scheduled to start October 9th. I’d like to look on the optimistic side, but as the election gets closer, the likelihood of this stimulus payment grows slimmer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The House just passed a $2.2 trillion Democratic coronavirus stimulus plan even as Democrats and the Trump administration struggle to strike a relief deal.

I'm not holding my breath on this one. The bill likely will not get through the Republican-held Senate and become law. Senator McConnell will oppose this legislation. His caucus resists spending trillions more on the pandemic's federal response to help small businesses and individuals who had been fired, furloughed, or laid-off due to covid19. Unless, of course, he changes his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

They already have said that the 2.2 billion plan would be dead on arrival in the Senate. Had they instead passed the problem Solvers bill there would be a better chance of passing it because it would have had Mnuchin's support as well as Trump's. Trump might change his mind about the virus if he gets a positive from the test that he recently took due to another one of his aides testing positive for the virus. He may order Moscow Mitch to get the 2.2 trillion house plan passed in the Senate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

It is my understanding that Moscow Mitch is saying the most he is willing to go is 500 billion as far as new stimulus, which isn't enough to address all of the outstanding funding issues caused by the pandemic. That would be less than a quarter of what is proposed by the 2.2 trillion package passed by the House. Now with Trumps inner circle infected with Covid-19, and he and his wife having to go into isolation themselves for 2 weeks or more, the last stretch of the election cycle is called into doubt. Desperate Donald has made every attempt to say the virus is behind us. His recent exposure has demonstrated anyone can become infected, and the virus is still wide spread.

It is a security threat to have the possibility of the President and his VP maybe unable to function because of coming down with Covid-19. Bad actors could take advantage of the situation and cause further world havoc, if it is thought the chain of American command is paralyzed. That would leave us in a very exposed position, not being quickly able to respond to threats. If the president were to become seriously ill, it has been said he might have to even drop out of the race. Also there is the chance that VP Biden has also been exposed, that the rest of the debates would have to be cancelled. Considering how poorly the first one went, it would be no great loss.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next