KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of recovery Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:10 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
NoShameKaraoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
This isn't Ebola. Not everyone dies.

To the same end--

This isn't Ebola. It doesn't have as much difficulty spreading.


So? Still doesn't change COVID's slimmer chances of dying, which was the point.

NoShameKaraoke wrote:
I've taken the risk of going out to a few places and doing some karaoke. This is not in any way shape or form heroic. There is no heroism in my not-great singing.


But according to others here, you're taking a huge risk. You're a hero because you didn't bow to peer pressure and stay home, regardless of the quality of your singing ;)

You're a hero to anyone who's livelihood depends on karaoke singers. To most singers it's just a hobby, but I don't think they realize how many people rely on them to come out and sing. The venue, the KJ, and any of us in the industry to who count on them doing it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:44 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4935
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1185 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Never said masks were bad. I wear one in public all the time just like most people.

finally, something logical
Bob Latshaw wrote:
The people who think we need to shut down businesses are the problem.

and there we go...
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Also, there are places you just can't require a mask, such as bars and restaurants.

interesting, the rest of the worl is more advanced and intelligent than Americans. they all managed to do it.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
You think we should keep open certain businesses like grocery stores, and you have no problem with that because it serves your needs.

it serves EVERYONES needs. without food, people die. biology 101, plus YOU CAN WEAR A MASK
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Well some people think the weekly trip to the bar to sing a song is a need.

to follow your own logic, you just said they can't wear a mask and nobody will die without a bartender opening their beer for them.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Is your need more valuable than theirs?

one is a need, the other is a want.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Do you think you have a right to draw a line where others' needs are?

no, that is you. you said peoples need to be safe is lees important than someones need to have a bartender open their beer for them.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I don't recall that part in our constitution.

neither do i recall the part in the constitution that says it is fine to spread life changing viruses to other people, yet here you are demanding it.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
People are (or should be) smart enough to know what the risky behaviors are in life.

and then there are those who don't give a (@$%&#!) about anybody else and force their will on the rest of us.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
During this pandemic, that level of risks varies from person to person, but it doesn't change the fact that we all know who the most vulnerable are and what needs to be done to protect them, and it doesn't include closing anything.

who is the most vulnerable Bob? maybe the old like my parents? maybe the imunocompromised like my wife?
what gives anybody the right to demand i go to work in a place that will end up spreading this virus to me to bring home to my wife?
it should not include closing anything, but people whio think like you and demand everybody do as they want as long as you are served to your liking have been so against giving a (@$%&#!) about anybody but themselves that it is necessary. and it works, look at the rest of the world. literally....anyplace but America, anyplace.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Anyone who thinks we need to close things is just paranoid.

no, we are in reality backed by medicine and science which has proven to be right in the rest of the world...literally anyplace but America.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
There are a lot of countries who didn't close anything and they're still here and so are the vast majority of their citizens.

Sweden....and they have already publicly admitted they (@$%&#!) up and closed bars. guess who's numbers are going down...hint, it's not America.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
If you're a grown adult and you get COVID, it's not the fault of anyone (unless you're in a facility that contracted to take responsibility for you).

If my mother goes out to a restaurant and gets COVID and dies, I don't hold anyone at that restaurant responsible. Neither would she. She's said so. She knows the risks and takes responsibility for herself. I would have the same attitude if I was vulnerable. I'm not completely invulnerable. No one is, but anyone who thinks others are responsible for protecting us from germs is irresponsible. Call me crazy, but I was raised to believe that once you're 18, you're responsible for yourself when it comes to keeping yourself alive (unless you're handicapped and in the care of another). Did that suddenly change with this new germ? No it didn't. I'm sorry you think it did.

Look, I'm not a gun owner and literally hate gun nuts, but I'm not going around saying that we should make them think like us and take their guns away and live like the rest of us just so I can "feel" more safe. I think most religions are crazy too, but I don't have a right to tell them how to think either. This is America, and you just don't treat one group with more preferential treatment than another, even if it makes our world a little more dangerous (the gun nuts I mentioned just as one example). Until you find someone actively breaking the laws, they're not doing anything wrong. If my state says bars can open, bars can open, regardless of whether you like it or not. Welcome to America, the home of the brave.

now you have just gone off the deep end of self centered (@$%&#!) hole.
as a society it is our duty to look out for one another.
"it's all about me, (@$%&#!) the rest of you" is not an American attribute by any means

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:19 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3972
Been Liked: 907 times
In my opinion... anyone who goes to a bar, putting themselves and others at risk, just so they can sing a stupid, fu*king karaoke song... is a complete fu*king moron.

A bar is not the place to be going during these times, especially since so many of them are not taking and enforcing safety precautions such as wearing masks, and keeping 6 feet apart. For most bars, it's business as usual.

And while you may personally not get sick from the virus, you can pass it on to someone else, like your mother, father, sister, brother, spouse, children, etc.

Bars should remain closed until we're in a downward spiral. And again... going out to a bar to sing karaoke is stupid and irresponsible.

It's just as irresponsible as getting drunk and then taking the risk of driving home.

Humans... what a fu*ked up race.

I have nothing more to say.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:47 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4860
Been Liked: 532 times
Unfortunately Bob going out to a bar, and engaging in a super spreader activity such as karaoke, on top of drinking which lowers your immune system, and being inside with others getting close to each other, not wearing masks, is breaking just about every guideline in the book. That is why bars in Texas, Florida, California, Arizona etc.etc.etc. have been closed down again. States continue to set records for new infections, and deaths with no let up insight. We are getting through the Summer on the first wave, and we still have the Fall flu season and Winter coming up. It is time to act grown up and not like a little kid, that wants to go to Disneyland.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:27 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Unfortunately Bob going out to a bar, and engaging in a super spreader activity such as karaoke, on top of drinking which lowers your immune system, and being inside with others getting close to each other, not wearing masks, is breaking just about every guideline in the book.


What book? and why are you putting so much trust in it? If it was written by the CDC or the W.H.O., then it's sole purpose is to "try" to eliminate a virus. That's it. The folks at those organizations are not held accountable to your bill collectors. Those folks don't care if your young children suffer without the huge benefits of school and social interaction. Those folks, just like you, simply have an opinion. Those folks have never been in this scenario before so stop thinking they're experts. They're only experts at knowing about viruses. That's it. They have zero clue about how theoretical models will actually pan out in the real world because this is a completely new virus in a completely different time than previous pandemics.

Do you know what has vastly far more expertise? Our DNA. We've evolved over millions of years and our DNA is the source code to a huge and complex yet extremely evolved program. Our DNA is telling most of us to not be afraid. There is a ton of logic in not being afraid. Many others understand this logic.

We don't need a book to know we are not afraid of this virus. We don't want lives flipped upside down, a huge recession, and children to go without school, all to protect a minority few who were all closer to death than the rest of us anyway. Especially in a world that's extremely overcrowded to begin with. Why are you not seeing what the defiant are all saying with their actions? They don't care. Let me say it again. They don't care. They understand that nature sometimes takes a bunch of lives for no reason and none of our efforts can stop it. Maybe slightly slow it down at best. It's been going on since life has existed. The words of a random stranger code-named "The Lone Ranger" is not going to change anything. You can't win this battle. The only bright point to us who have to endure your senseless rants is that when this virus's power fades with immunity and less and less die, at some point the people with your same fears WILL have to shut up (at least about this), and that will be a happy day for the rest of us who weren't afraid. That's when we get to look back at all of your kind and say "see, what were you so afraid of?". If the virus takes you, we get to say "See, he was right to be afraid, but his fear based, thread-jacking, internet rants were really annoying so who cares." Life goes on :)

...but good luck with your campaign though. You may convince some KJs to retire or quit being a KJ, but I don't think the complete hypocrisy of what you're doing will go unnoticed. Believe it or not, and pardon the pun, but I'm a big believer in Karma ;)

What are you going to tell the KJ in 6 months who says to you "Lone Ranger, I listened to you. I stayed afraid and I stayed home. My venues replaced me with a new KJ who wasn't afraid to serve the singers and now my family is hungry and we're on welfare because I can't get work."? What if one of your venues believed in your thinking and closed their doors and all the employees are laid off? You could potentially have a lot of people looking at you when this is over wanting some answers. When you trust in nature, you never have to answer to anyone unhappy with your advice. The only people who would be unhappy with that advice would be those who actually died, but, if they're dead, they're not coming back to complain anyway. If I die from the virus, I won't be here for you to have any "I told you so" moment either.

Don't you see? It's a win-win situation for the brave. Just one of the many benefits of letting go of fear. You really should try it sometime. It's a far happier way to live. What you're doing now isn't living. It's hiding. But, who am I to expect bravery from a guy who hides behind a pseudonym?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:56 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4860
Been Liked: 532 times
Bob as usual you miss the whole point. States are closing bars, and they are not going to reopen them until the virus is under control. Not my book, their book, and authority. Despite what you and I might think, lock downs are again a real possibility in just two weeks in some areas, which are now hot spots. Hosts won't be able to go back to work even if they wanted to, they are not going to have any choice, just like the rest of us. Schools will not reopen if parents won't send their kids into harm's way. Teachers won't go back into the class rooms, if they feel they are endangered, and there isn't enough supplies available to make things clean and safe. Hospitals are already starting to run short of supplies once again, and ICU beds are in short supply. You can wave the freedom flag all you want, the virus doesn't care, it is just looking for a home, maybe your house?


P.S. Some hosts are going to have to find another line of work, the venues they once worked for will be closed and won't reopen, some ever again. It took a great deal of money to restock and reopen this last time, the next time around they won't have the cash reserves to reopen a second time.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Also, there are places you just can't require a mask, such as bars and restaurants.

interesting, the rest of the worl is more advanced and intelligent than Americans. they all managed to do it.


Really? They're eating and drinking through masks? That is more advanced. With that kind of magical power, I'll bet they can even spell "world" too ;)

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
You think we should keep open certain businesses like grocery stores, and you have no problem with that because it serves your needs.

it serves EVERYONES needs. without food, people die. biology 101, plus YOU CAN WEAR A MASK


No, we don't need grocery stores. All those second amendment nuts have that argument covered. We lived for millions of years without grocery stores, and we could live a million more. Terrible argument. Sure life would be inconvenient, but you can't call it a "need". That's the point. You really helped prove my point by showing that we all define "needs" differently, and in a democracy, that means we all get to decide for ourselves, like we've always done.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Is your need more valuable than theirs?

one is a need, the other is a want.

Wrong, both are wants. Just covered that.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Do you think you have a right to draw a line where others' needs are?

no, that is you. you said peoples need to be safe is lees important than someones need to have a bartender open their beer for them.
Strange argument out of the blue. Who said anything about needing a bartender to open beers? Are you handicapped? I can open my own bottles. So can every other adult I know. Also, regardless of what the bartender's job is, he or she is there by their choosing. I don't have a right to make them change their ways and I don't advocate that. That's the point.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I don't recall that part in our constitution.

neither do i recall the part in the constitution that says it is fine to spread life changing viruses to other people, yet here you are demanding it.

Really? It's says it's fine to do anything that is in "the pursuit of happiness". In fact, it says we have a right. Spreading germs happens during this process, and until they specifically say otherwise, it is indeed "fine" to do. All in black and white and signed by our forefathers.

Just curious, if you thought this whole time that spreading "life changing" germs wasn't allowed under our constitution, what did you do during cold and flu season? Why would you go outside at all? Did you think there were actually people serving time for this so called crime? I can see the scene in prison now "Hey, what are you in for? Accidently sneezing in the vegetable isle?" It's only a crime if it was intentional and the illness carried a "likelihood of harm or death". No one is advocating intentional harm and COVID doesn't pass the "likelihood of harm or death" test either.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
People are (or should be) smart enough to know what the risky behaviors are in life.

and then there are those who don't give a <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> about anybody else and force their will on the rest of us.

Really? Did you forget your own argument? I'm the one saying we don't need to change our normal lives. You're the one advocating forced behavior that we've never seen before in our lifetime.

Are you implying that I don't care about those that could die? The hard truth is that most of us don't. Neither do you. Unless it's a loved one, you're not out there making sure other people don't get sick or die. Why aren't you trying to save everyone you can? Why don't you care? You worthless cold hearted human. Let's face it, a million people die a day and you don't give a rat's a$$ and you're a complete liar if you are trying to imply that you actively do ANYTHING to protect those who die each and every day. You don't, and you know it, so stop acting like this new virus is your chance to suddenly pretend that you care about random lives other than the ones you love, because unless you're a doctor or nurse, you don't. You're a KJ. You're not Mother Teresa. Let's come back to reality.

If you're a KJ working for the Peace Corps in a remote African village and providing singing services to the poor to somehow help save their lives, then you have my apologies and I will stand corrected, but I think we both know that's not the case.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
During this pandemic, that level of risks varies from person to person, but it doesn't change the fact that we all know who the most vulnerable are and what needs to be done to protect them, and it doesn't include closing anything.

who is the most vulnerable Bob? maybe the old like my parents? maybe the imunocompromised like my wife?
what gives anybody the right to demand i go to work in a place that will end up spreading this virus to me to bring home to my wife?
it should not include closing anything, but people whio think like you and demand everybody do as they want as long as you are served to your liking have been so against giving a <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> about anybody but themselves that it is necessary. and it works, look at the rest of the world. literally....anyplace but America, anyplace.

Who said anything about "demanding" people go to work? No one makes you go now, but it certainly doesn't give you the right to tell your coworkers to sacrifice and not work. Stay home. Please do. Protect your wife. In your own words "do as you want". Again, that's the whole point.

I have looked at other countries. In Japan, only one person under 30 has died. In Taiwan, I believe you can still count on one hand. In Asian countries (other than china), the death numbers are extremely low compared to case count. Asians are just all around healthier. On average, Americans are extremely fat slobs compared to the rest of the world. We are going to have high death numbers, and frankly we deserve them. Look at it as a good wake up call. I don't think it's a coincidence that I've seen a lot more people jogging lately.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Anyone who thinks we need to close things is just paranoid.

no, we are in reality backed by medicine and science which has proven to be right in the rest of the world...literally anyplace but America.

It doesn't matter who backs it. It's still fear and paranoia. Scientists aren't businessmen, and it's very easy for them to say "just shut everything down". They get their funding either way. The employees at all those businesses don't. It should be a red flag anytime someone says "I can keep my job, but the rest of you need to stop working". It should be a HUGE red flag. I'm my own boss and I have worked from home for about 15 years, and I've been very blessed, even through the pandemic, but if I had an employer and they just shut down over something like this, I'd be rightfully angry. The majority of Americans are not afraid to come out in public. The same is true of karaoke singers. I've seen it first hand. The majority of people do not want things shut down. They may be shut down now in your state, but the majority will eventually prevail. They always do. That's the beauty of democracy.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
There are a lot of countries who didn't close anything and they're still here and so are the vast majority of their citizens.

Sweden....and they have already publicly admitted they <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> up and closed bars. guess who's numbers are going down...hint, it's not America.

Doesn't change anything. They are still here and so are the vast majority of their citizens, just like I said.

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
If you're a grown adult and you get COVID, it's not the fault of anyone (unless you're in a facility that contracted to take responsibility for you).

If my mother goes out to a restaurant and gets COVID and dies, I don't hold anyone at that restaurant responsible. Neither would she. She's said so. She knows the risks and takes responsibility for herself. I would have the same attitude if I was vulnerable. I'm not completely invulnerable. No one is, but anyone who thinks others are responsible for protecting us from germs is irresponsible. Call me crazy, but I was raised to believe that once you're 18, you're responsible for yourself when it comes to keeping yourself alive (unless you're handicapped and in the care of another). Did that suddenly change with this new germ? No it didn't. I'm sorry you think it did.

Look, I'm not a gun owner and literally hate gun nuts, but I'm not going around saying that we should make them think like us and take their guns away and live like the rest of us just so I can "feel" more safe. I think most religions are crazy too, but I don't have a right to tell them how to think either. This is America, and you just don't treat one group with more preferential treatment than another, even if it makes our world a little more dangerous (the gun nuts I mentioned just as one example). Until you find someone actively breaking the laws, they're not doing anything wrong. If my state says bars can open, bars can open, regardless of whether you like it or not. Welcome to America, the home of the brave.

now you have just gone off the deep end of self centered <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> hole.
as a society it is our duty to look out for one another.
"it's all about me, <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> the rest of you" is not an American attribute by any means


Yes, and part of looking out for each other is NOT taking jobs away from anyone just because a few people are scared. Are you going to pay for all of my neighbors who can't afford food? Until I see you personally write them a check, I say you're a complete hypocritical liar. You have no idea what looking out for your neighbor means. Stay home and protect your wife, but don't you dare tell your neighbor they can't go to work and earn enough to eat. Food isn't free. Rent and mortgage payments aren't free. Medical care isn't free. On what planet do you live on? Get off your self-righteous plans to screw over our economy and hurt millions more lives than COVID ever would just because you "feel" it somehow protects your wife. It's your job to protect your wife. If you think it's the job of others, I'm sure some other man would be glad to come over tonight and make her feel protected. Sorry to hear you can't. I'm sure she is too. Oh wait, can't I also accuse you of being self-centered with your "It's my wife and it's my life" way of thinking?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Bob as usual you miss the whole point. States are closing bars, and they are not going to reopen them until the virus is under control. Not my book, their book, and authority. Despite what you and I might think, lock downs are again a real possibility in just two weeks in some areas, which are now hot spots. Hosts won't be able to go back to work even if they wanted to, they are not going to have any choice, just like the rest of us. Schools will not reopen if parents won't send their kids into harm's way. Teachers won't go back into the class rooms, if they feel they are endangered, and there isn't enough supplies available to make things clean and safe. Hospitals are already starting to run short of supplies once again, and ICU beds are in short supply. You can wave the freedom flag all you want, the virus doesn't care, it is just looking for a home, maybe your house?


P.S. Some hosts are going to have to find another line of work, the venues they once worked for will be closed and won't reopen, some ever again. It took a great deal of money to restock and reopen this last time, the next time around they won't have the cash reserves to reopen a second time.


I see your points. I just disagree completely. There's a difference. The virus may indeed come to my house. It may even put me in the hospital. Still won't change my belief that people should not financially starve for your peace of mind. I'll protect my family. You do the same for yours, but when you can't afford your taxes next year because you're now paying for all those lost wages and it starts to affect your ability to support your own family, we will regroup and see how you feel then.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:09 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4860
Been Liked: 532 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:

I see your points. I just disagree completely. There's a difference. The virus may indeed come to my house. It may even put me in the hospital. Still won't change my belief that people should not financially starve for your peace of mind. I'll protect my family. You do the same for yours, but when you can't afford your taxes next year because you're now paying for all those lost wages and it starts to affect your ability to support your own family, we will regroup and see how you feel then.



Bob there is no need for anyone to starve, we have an opportunity to change the rules by which people receive what they need to survive. We are going to have to change things in this country, to the point where we are going to be all in new territory. We are finally going get off of employer based health care, and have the public option like other modern industrialized nations. We are going to have to have economic security, food security, educational opportunities, and finally do something about our crumbling infrastructure.

There is no question about me paying my taxes, since my income is secured, I don't have any debt, no need to work anymore. You remember what I said about the only people who made out in The Great Depression are those who had a steady income, independent of direct working. It is going to be the same this time around. We are going to end up with at least a 10 to 13% decline in the GDP this year. Many millions of workers have already lost their jobs, and they won't be getting them back. The only reason the stock market is still afloat, is the FED pumped Trillions of dollars into it. That is all going to come screaming to a halt, come July 31st unless there is another stimulus package. The problem is we need to make long term structural changes, not these piecemeal quick fixes. If the FED can pump Trillions of dollars into the markets, without Congressional approval, it could do the same thing to support the citizens of this country.

We have already had a taste of what will happen, if millions of people don't have jobs, food, shelter, medical coverage, things will get mighty ugly might fast.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:43 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
We are going to have to change things in this country, to the point where we are going to be all in new territory.

Again, I disagree. Only if people are forced to not work because they're afraid of getting sick, which, clearly the majority are not. It's only a matter of time before the majority's wishes are met, as long as we still have a democracy in this country.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
We have already had a taste of what will happen, if millions of people don't have jobs, food, shelter, medical coverage, things will get mighty ugly might fast.

Exactly. So stop endorsing such insane tactics that cause so much harm.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:09 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4887
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 297 times
The ranking of what is more important is not in the Constitution. It's in the Declaration of Independence.
Life,liberty and pursuit of happiness in that order. Note that life comes before liberty and pursuit of happiness. Because you can't have the later ones without the first one.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:29 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4860
Been Liked: 532 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Exactly. So stop endorsing such insane tactics that cause so much harm.


I'm not the one who denying science, and wanting to go back to the dark ages. This pandemic is a crisis and an emergency, both of which can have a positive outcome, if we all work together and work out solutions. Sometimes you have to think outside the box, in order to make progress. Just like The Black Death ushered in the the beginning of the Modern age away from the Dark and Middle Ages, this time might mean a new start for this country. Where it will finally have Justice for All, and not just the fortunate few.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:37 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
The ranking of what is more important is not in the Constitution. It's in the Declaration of Independence.

Good point. Didn't catch that. Not that it affects any of the points made.
DannyG2006 wrote:
Life,liberty and pursuit of happiness in that order. Note that life comes before liberty and pursuit of happiness. Because you can't have the later ones without the first one.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

...yeah, I don't see the "in that order" part. I also don't interpret it as a ranking, and the use of the phrase "among these..." tells me they were picked from a longer list. They could have have been in any order, but even if life was considered the most important, forced to stay home and not work is not life. If you starve to death because you can't work, that's not life. It's the opposite of life.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Exactly. So stop endorsing such insane tactics that cause so much harm.


I'm not the one who denying science, and wanting to go back to the dark ages. This pandemic is a crisis and an emergency, both of which can have a positive outcome, if we all work together and work out solutions. Sometimes you have to think outside the box, in order to make progress. Just like The Black Death ushered in the the beginning of the Modern age away from the Dark and Middle Ages, this time might mean a new start for this country. Where it will finally have Justice for All, and not just the fortunate few.


I think you're a tad delusional. It's going to take a lot more than a pandemic, because this isn't anything like the 14th century. This will be a minor scrape compared to the black plague. They're already saying the vaccine will be done by years end. It's not going to be that bad.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:47 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4860
Been Liked: 532 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:

I think you're a tad delusional. It's going to take a lot more than a pandemic, because this isn't anything like the 14th century. This will be a minor scrape compared to the black plague. They're already saying the vaccine will be done by years end. It's not going to be that bad.



Six months can have big effects on our society. In just 14 more days the stimulus money will run out, and many will lose their expanded unemployment benefits. The Senate will be out till the 20th of the month, and it is not know how quickly they will act on a new package. The markets could once again dive 20% or more, even though the FED has been pumping in trillions to keep them afloat. Even if we have the vaccine by year's end, which is still a big if, we don't know how effective it will be, or whether you will have to take multiple shots. If you ever read the book "Ten Days That Shook The World", you would know it was just ten days that brought down the Czar and started Communism in Russia.

We still have to get from point A where we are at, to Point B the vaccine. In between there are millions of infections still to happen, with deaths going over the 200,000 mark pushing us up to WWII type casualties. Our hospital systems will become overwhelmed if we don't lock down again. We have already done harm to our economy that will take years to dig out of. The only way for citizens to survive in the mean time is for the government to step in, and come up with new programs to deal with the current situation. On the KJ host level, many venues will be closed and not reopen. Karaoke is a super spreader activity, just like going to a bar is, it flies in the face of common sense, to do either.


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:11 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
Did you even check your facts about the black plague? In Europe alone it killed over 20 million people. That was a third of the entire population at the time. Coronavirus's death rate is at 4% tops (with most estimates lower). So even if every single citizen got coronavirus, the black plague would still be ten times worse. Stop scaring people with completely outrageous claims. Not cool during a pandemic. People are already freaked out enough. Just because my thread about signs of recovery doesn't fit with your agenda, does mean you need to lie to convince people otherwise. When you reach the point where you need to make such extremely exaggerated claims, maybe it's time to concede that this isn't as bad as you're portraying. What purpose does it serve to convince people that this is ten times worse than it really is? What is your motive?

The only thing that flies in the face of common sense is your belief that no one will fact check you.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:37 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4860
Been Liked: 532 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Did you even check your facts about the black plague? In Europe alone it killed over 20 million people. That was a third of the entire population at the time. Coronavirus's death rate is at 4% tops (with most estimates lower). So even if every single citizen got coronavirus, the black plague would still be ten times worse. Stop scaring people with completely outrageous claims. Not cool during a pandemic. People are already freaked out enough. Just because my thread about signs of recovery doesn't fit with your agenda, does mean you need to lie to convince people otherwise. When you reach the point where you need to make such extremely exaggerated claims, maybe it's time to concede that this isn't as bad as you're portraying. What purpose does it serve to convince people that this is ten times worse than it really is? What is your motive?

The only thing that flies in the face of common sense is your belief that no one will fact check you.


I don't believe Bob I ever said as many people would die, I hope our modern medicine would give us a leg up. I did say that like the Black Death this pandemic could alter this nation for the better or worse, depending on how we react to it. The Swedish approach which most resembles our response isn't that great. They have the worst of both worlds a high death rate, and a sluggish economy, which is exactly where we are right now. If you think people are freaked out now just wait when the second wave hits, and we have mass lock downs again. Then you have idiots like the Governor of Georgia Kemp suing in court, to remove Atlanta's mandatory mask requirements. What is not cool during a pandemic is to pretend there is no problem, like the current administration is doing.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:29 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
I don't believe Bob I ever said as many people would die,


Scroll up. You were replying to my statement that ended with the last sentence that COVID wouldn't be as bad as the black plague. You came back with your reply that started with the sentence "Six months can have big effects on our society"

It sure looks like you're trying to say that the upcoming 6 months with COVID could be as bad. You know what it implies and that was your intention. If you don't then you're just playing word games.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:55 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 244
Been Liked: 57 times
Anyone ever heard of radiation poisoning? Guess what the symptoms are? Same as COVID. Same as Radiation Pneumonitis. Look that up. Same symptoms as those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki that were not at ground level. Radiation from Cells (Mobile Devices)? Just what frequencies are telecoms broadcasting currently? They are changing them you know. The Diamond Princess cruise advertised they were total 5G on board.

Dizziness, Shortness of breath, Fever, Chills, DRY COUGH that is persistent, Headache from coughing, Sore throat from coughing, muscle aches in the chest and back and abdomen from persistent coughing that feels like thorns and broken glass in lungs, pale lips like from altitude sickness (oxygen deprivation).

Check out http://www.microwavedvets.com - They have their own medical protocol for COVID to give to doctors.

Radiation is known to cause free radicals. Free radicals are pieces of toxic material known as oxidants. Could that be why High doses of Intravenous Vit C, Zinc, Selenium, and best of all Vit D3 are being shown to shorten the length of Coronavirus? After all they are ANTIOXIDANTS. Why is all this info being scrubbed by social media?

We are designed to take in ample oxygen. Why are healthy people quarantining themselves with masks? Breathing carbon dioxide some people all day long. That alone will lower your immune system especially day after day. If they truly believe it is a virus or germ or bad bacteria, then a mask is like a screen door on a submarine or like a chain link fence to keep mosquitos out.

Those guys know better. They are supposed to know microbiology and be aware of Koch's Postulates BTW none having been proven.

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?


Last edited by dvdgdry on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Signs of recovery
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:40 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 244
Been Liked: 57 times
Another BTW message. The Polymerase Chain Reaction Tests (PCR) everyone is taking for diagnosis is a sham. Kary Mullis, the Nobel Prize winning virologist that developed it said it could not be used for diagnosis. How convenient that he died August 9, 2019 so that he can not refute these tests.

They replicate DNA hundreds or thousands, millions, billions of times with PCR. The PCR test was developed as a manufacturing technique in a virology lab for study, not as a diagnostic tool, and it is qualitative not quantitative. It can tell you if a virus is present but not in what quantities. Each and every one of us are carrying thousands of viruses in our bodies. That is how we get immunities. So, what have they proven? If they continue to replicate DNA material they will be able to see you got the mumps, if you ever had the mumps. It is known you can only get the mumps once. That does not mean you are symptomatic. That does NOT mean you can pass it on. It just means you have developed immunity to it. You are not communicable for it anymore. It simply means that they can see it and can study it many times over depending on how many times they replicated (sequenced) it. Sometimes they have to replicate or sequence a sample dozens and dozens of times before they can see it once.

This is from CDC's own website: “Positive [test] results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. … Negative results do not preclude 2019-nCoV infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or other patient management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information.”

If the scientific “gold standard” COVID-19 test (the PCR) doesn’t even provide proof that the virus causes the disease, why is everyone rushing around like a headless chicken?

The PCR test doesn’t identify or isolate viruses, doesn’t provide RNA sequences of pathogens, offers no baseline for comparison with patient samples, and cannot determine an infected from an uninfected sample. That is staggeringly useless and scientifically meaningless!

The reality is that we have no idea how many people actually have COVID-19. The CDC cannot “confirm” something for which there is no accurate test.

They skew the numbers of infections and deaths. For those that go through intubation they receive $13,000. For those that are listed on Death Certificates as Covid related they receive $39,000 even if they have comorbidities. In other words, if they had lung Cancer, or Mesothelioma, or Cystic Fibrosis, or Pulmonary Fibrosis as long as they died WITH the diagnosis of Covid then COVID is the reason for death and vwala, here is $39,000 smackaroos! Go to the hospital to die. Guess what the third leading cause in the US is after Heart attacks and cancer. It is Medical and Hospital error. That is according to NIH records! Now there is a Pandemic!

Many on here will poopoo this. They want to Vaccinate and they want to Microchip and that is what this is about and mmWave is their tool. They are trying to make this out to be a virus for vaccination purposes and the chip will say you are ok to travel, provide GPS ability and know if you are close and not practicing social distancing, which BTW may be here to stay. Did you know there is no law whether State nor Federal about that nor mask wearing?

It’s interesting, depending upon the country, the Coronavirus is able to “travel” different distances. For instance, in China, Denmark, and France, the “social distance” rule is 1 meter. In South Korea, it’s 1.4 meters. In Australia, Belgium, Germany and Spain, it’s 1.5 meters. In the USA it’s 6 feet (1.8 meters), while in Canada and the UK, it’s 2 meters.

Hmmm. That’s not exactly “scientific” is it?

mmWave and masks will lower immunity and sickness will occur if one is not taking antioxidants to combat it. So for protection against RF to some degree, D3, C, Zinc, Selenium and quite a bit more than RDA doses. Mark these words. Masks are lowering immunity so that mmWave can do its damage. That is why it is now attacking younger people. The young, like the old and infirmed before, now have immune compromised systems.

I have said all I am going to say on this subject so there will be no responses from me about this.

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?


Last edited by dvdgdry on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 189 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech