KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - When Karaoke Shows Start Again Will Partons wear masks? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:12 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
mrscott wrote:

Yes, you worked all those years. What I am saying is those who CHOOSE to not work, should not reap the same end benefits from social "programs", including many of those you speak of. If those who DO work all their lives to provide for those who sit on their behinds expecting to be "taken care of" in their golden years, I say "nerts" to them, they earn exactly what they should get, which should be nothing. The Little Red Hen would be proud.



:!: That is the point Mr.Scott I don't begrudge others, because I know the system is corrupt and should be fixed. There are various reasons why people fail, they should all get a second chance and maybe more. All have sinned and come short of the glory, yet all can end up in heaven in the end.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:15 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
Your idea is giving the same people who caused or were involved in the crash of 2008 the control over how and when OUR retirement money is to be used (misused) or dispersed. I dont want the government involved at all.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:21 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
Hey, if you want to share some of your hard earned money, I will gladly know where to spend it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:40 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 282 times
The private sector is even more corrupt without government telling them what they can and cannot do. Deregulation is what caused the problem of the banks and the stock market. Regulation brought in by Obama is what fixed the problem. Trump trying to remove those regulations is part of why we are going to be screwed. Trickle down economics didn't work. It's time to try trickle up economics.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:22 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
mrscott wrote:
Your idea is giving the same people who caused or were involved in the crash of 2008 the control over how and when OUR retirement money is to be used (misused) or dispersed. I dont want the government involved at all.



:!: Like it or not Social Security is one of the last defined pension plans left. If we had done what Bush II had wanted and privatized Social Security, the fund would have taken a major hit, just like your personal retirement fund did. At least Social Security by law is invested in U.S. government securities, the safest investment on the planet. That it is why we should elect members to Congress that will fix and keep Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid strong for future generations. If government isn't involved that leaves the crooks on Wall Street, it that really where you want to leave your retirement money? You can't bury it in your backyard, or stuff it in your mattress.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:25 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
mrscott wrote:
Hey, if you want to share some of your hard earned money, I will gladly know where to spend it.


:wink: It wouldn't go that far, and help enough people. What I'm talking about is everyone being counted, registered, paying into the system, and getting something back for the efforts. To stop using the public till to bailout failed business's, to help those who are currently struggling through no fault of their own making.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 282 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Hey, if you want to share some of your hard earned money, I will gladly know where to spend it.


:wink: It wouldn't go that far, and help enough people. What I'm talking about is everyone being counted, registered, paying into the system, and getting something back for the efforts. To stop using the public till to bailout failed business's, to help those who are currently struggling through no fault of their own making.

I agree with lone on this and let's stop sending the 4 billion dollars a year to Israel. If we're going to be America first, why put that money into good use at home.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:11 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
:!: I almost forgot did you do a second show Saturday Mr.Scott? If so how did it go, and are you going to try again next Friday?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:21 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
No, I only do friday nights. Their Saturdays are usually pretty dead tho. I kind of wish I had 2 nights, but it would most likely just divide what we get now instead of doubling it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
:? This is a hard one to call sometimes I would do a free one back to back to see if I could generate more of an audience. My first gig was actually a Saturday night that was dead. I had no experience hosting and for almost a month no one came in. I was about to quit when a cowboy came in sang a few songs, then told me he would come back next week, and bring friends. He never showed up again, but after that the show took off like a rocket. He must have been the patron saint of Hosts?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:10 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
I just did a little numbers comparison for the state of Utah. I do know other areas will differ in their percentages and numbers, all I am reporting is from our state. You can come up with your own conclusions from your own research.

Total Utah residents = 3.206 million
total Covid19 cases (so far) = 6432
total hospitalizations (so far) =535
total deaths (as of 5/12/20) = 73

percentage of people infected = .002% (2 ppl per 1000 pop.)
percentage of deaths/infected = .011% (1.1 ppl per 100 ppl infected have died)
percentage of deaths/population = .000022% (2.2 ppl per 100,000 have died from virus, still counting of course)



2017 (last year I could get complete numbers on) Utah influenza/pneumonia cases

total deaths = 334(numbers keep dropping each year since 1999)
hospitalizations = 1291

2020 so far no numbers have been released for total cases/deaths


Now, I do realize we are not done yet, but the number do hugely suggest that influenza and pneumonia have a far higher case/death rate than Covid19....

Just an observation, like I said, your area may differ substantially.

In my humble opinion, the media/government has blown this entire "pandemic" out of proportion. For what reason? I do not know. But it's obvious that the public has followed like sheep and will roll over and play dead at the simple possibility of whatever the government will throw at us.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:17 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
By the way,,, I used the same source for all of those numbers. (State of Utah Health Department)


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:46 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
:!: You have to remember Mr.Scott we were told at one time only one person had it, then 15, then it would go away with warm weather, then we could maybe open up again by Easter. If you see the latest study from the University of Washington, the state of Utah is on the red list for where the virus is going next.


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 pm 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: You have to remember Mr.Scott we were told a one time only one person had it, then 15, then it would go away with warm weather, then we could maybe open up again by Easter. If you see the latest study from the University of Washington, the state of Utah is on the red list for where the virus is going next.


If you see in the numbers on our state, it's on the decline. A bunch of numbers created by some dude, trying to justify his job, in a state thousands of miles away predicting the weather is not accurate at all. Even the WH and Fauci said that there would be hundreds of thousands of people dying,, and it just isn't happening. The statistics that have been shown so far with the history we have so far do not support such high numbers of fatalities,,, even Italy, Iran, and China did not have those such high numbers. Is this a serious virus? YES, it's it a global killer like predicted,, not in our lifetime it's not. It just is new and that has people paranoid.

No matter what you do, where you go, who you come in contact with, there is ALWAYS risk of catching "something", some sort of virus, bacteria, car accident, hit by lightening, bitten by a diseased animal, shot by accident (or murdered), etc.,,,,,, you get the picture. This virus is no different. If we are so worried about every little thing that "could" kill us, and we shut ourselves off from society totally, then the world is going to look exactly like what the government has created during this "plan-demic". And I believe there are alternative reasons the leaders are not telling us for creating this panic. Just my opinion, you can have your own and believe what you want. You can live in a bubble all you want, but don't tell the rest of the world they have to conform to your beliefs, just because you say so.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:17 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
mrscott wrote:

If you see in the numbers on our state, it's on the decline. A bunch of numbers created by some dude, trying to justify his job, in a state thousands of miles away predicting the weather is not accurate at all. Even the WH and Fauci said that there would be hundreds of thousands of people dying,, and it just isn't happening. The statistics that have been shown so far with the history we have so far do not support such high numbers of fatalities,,, even Italy, Iran, and China did not have those such high numbers. Is this a serious virus? YES, it's it a global killer like predicted,, not in our lifetime it's not. It just is new and that has people paranoid.

No matter what you do, where you go, who you come in contact with, there is ALWAYS risk of catching "something", some sort of virus, bacteria, car accident, hit by lightening, bitten by a diseased animal, shot by accident (or murdered), etc.,,,,,, you get the picture. This virus is no different. If we are so worried about every little thing that "could" kill us, and we shut ourselves off from society totally, then the world is going to look exactly like what the government has created during this "plan-demic". And I believe there are alternative reasons the leaders are not telling us for creating this panic. Just my opinion, you can have your own and believe what you want. You can live in a bubble all you want, but don't tell the rest of the world they have to conform to your beliefs, just because you say so.


:roll: What I see before me is a map of Utah so far there have been over 6,000 infections mostly in six counties in an West to East band across the upper mid part of the state, I imagine where the bigger cities are located. Now that travel restrictions are being lifted and business's are reopening the virus will travel with the migration of people from state to state. I don't think I'm the one who thinks they live in a bubble, and it won't happen in my backyard. This will eventually hit all of the backyards. Why do you think Conservatives are ponying up trillions of dollars? They know this is serious business, and it can make society unravel. The real question is since you live in a more rural setting, is your local country hospital up to the task of caring for the surrounding population, in your area? The only reason the original numbers were not reached given out by Fauci, was the American people rising to the occasion and following all of the guidelines set out by the Federal Government.

P.S. Just for your information the University of Washington has been pretty spot on in their modeling. They keep updating their model as new information comes in, we still don't know everything about this disease. Even Dr. Fauci said we all have to be humble, since know one knows for sure where or when the virus will find a new hot spot. Iowa was fairly calm now with the meat packing plants infection hot spots, it has one of the steepest ramps upward for infections. The current model indicates that at least 147,000 people will die by August, from the virus that is a 10,000 person increase, in just one week. We still haven't hit the 3,000 deaths per day marker for the end of May the beginning of June.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:28 pm 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

If you see in the numbers on our state, it's on the decline. A bunch of numbers created by some dude, trying to justify his job, in a state thousands of miles away predicting the weather is not accurate at all. Even the WH and Fauci said that there would be hundreds of thousands of people dying,, and it just isn't happening. The statistics that have been shown so far with the history we have so far do not support such high numbers of fatalities,,, even Italy, Iran, and China did not have those such high numbers. Is this a serious virus? YES, it's it a global killer like predicted,, not in our lifetime it's not. It just is new and that has people paranoid.

No matter what you do, where you go, who you come in contact with, there is ALWAYS risk of catching "something", some sort of virus, bacteria, car accident, hit by lightening, bitten by a diseased animal, shot by accident (or murdered), etc.,,,,,, you get the picture. This virus is no different. If we are so worried about every little thing that "could" kill us, and we shut ourselves off from society totally, then the world is going to look exactly like what the government has created during this "plan-demic". And I believe there are alternative reasons the leaders are not telling us for creating this panic. Just my opinion, you can have your own and believe what you want. You can live in a bubble all you want, but don't tell the rest of the world they have to conform to your beliefs, just because you say so.


:roll: What I see before me is a map of Utah so far there have been over 6,000 infections mostly in six counties in an West to East band across the upper mid part of the state, I imagine where the bigger cities are located. Now that travel restrictions are being lifted and business's are reopening the virus will travel with the migration of people from state to state. I don't think I'm the one who thinks they live in a bubble, and it won't happen in my backyard. This will eventually hit all of the backyards. Why do you think Conservatives are ponying up trillions of dollars? They know this is serious business, and it can make society unravel. The real question is since you live in a more rural setting, is your local country hospital up to the task of caring for the surrounding population, in your area?


The state of Utah is broken up into 2 basic parts. The Wasatch front, which includes those 6 counties you are looking at. (Utah, Salt Lake, Weber, Davis, Summit and Wasatch counties) Those counties make up about 2/3 of the states entire population, but only about 1/10 of the land mass. Those counties are more densely populated, so it does stand to reason that there would be more infected in those area. What I am saying is that the death rate is no worse than a lot of other viruses or things that cause death. To close down an entire society or economy on a "fear" is in my opinion, "not rational". I do not believe a word the government tells us, they have proven time and time again that they cannot be truthful or trusted. Something else is on their agenda.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:41 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4639
Been Liked: 517 times
mrscott wrote:

The state of Utah is broken up into 2 basic parts. The Wasatch front, which includes those 6 counties you are looking at. (Utah, Salt Lake, Weber, Davis, Summit and Wasatch counties) Those counties make up about 2/3 of the states entire population, but only about 1/10 of the land mass. Those counties are more densely populated, so it does stand to reason that there would be more infected in those area. What I am saying is that the death rate is no worse than a lot of other viruses or things that cause death. To close down an entire society or economy on a "fear" is in my opinion, "not rational". I do not believe a word the government tells us, they have proven time and time again that they cannot be truthful or trusted. Something else is on their agenda.



:!: It has already been established that death wise this virus is much worse and kills more quickly than a lot of other viruses. You have to remember it has only been on the health radar screen for less than 6 months. Already more people have died than our casualties in the Korean War, Vietnam War conflicts that went on for years. More than the 70,000 civilian casualties of Great Britain during the German Air Blitz of 1940, which was over a several month period and stills scars that country's collective memories. When in August we stand at, at least 147,000 deaths that will put us over the 117,000 deaths suffered by us during WWI. Do we also have to top WWII and the Civil War casualties, before you admit, this virus is killing a lot of people? What is not rational is to hide your head in the sand, and hope everything just goes away, it won't, ignoring the problem will only make it worse, the virus is not going away, just finding new victims.

P.S. If you think the risk is not great then you can take comfort, knowing since you will be on the front lines, that you will be the karaoke canary in the coal mine, which will warn others if things are getting dangerous.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:57 pm 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

The state of Utah is broken up into 2 basic parts. The Wasatch front, which includes those 6 counties you are looking at. (Utah, Salt Lake, Weber, Davis, Summit and Wasatch counties) Those counties make up about 2/3 of the states entire population, but only about 1/10 of the land mass. Those counties are more densely populated, so it does stand to reason that there would be more infected in those area. What I am saying is that the death rate is no worse than a lot of other viruses or things that cause death. To close down an entire society or economy on a "fear" is in my opinion, "not rational". I do not believe a word the government tells us, they have proven time and time again that they cannot be truthful or trusted. Something else is on their agenda.



:!: It has already been established that death wise this virus is much worse and kills more quickly than a lot of other viruses. You have to remember it has only been on the health radar screen for less than 6 months. Already more people have died than our casualties in the Korean War, Vietnam War conflicts that went on for years. More than the 70,000 civilian casualties of Great Britain during the German Air Blitz of 1940, which was over a several month period and stills scars that country's collective memories. When in August we stand at, at least 147,000 deaths that will put us over the 117,000 deaths suffered by us during WWI. Do we also have to top WWII and the Civil War casualties, before you admit, this virus is killing a lot of people? What is not rational is to hide your head in the sand, and hope everything just goes away, it won't, ignoring the problem will only make it worse, the virus is not going away, just finding new victims.


Emphysema is responsible for 5% of the worlds deaths, cancer is killing people, pick any of them. They ALL kill. Nobody is adding up those numbers and comparing. I will agree that this virus is serious, something that we wouldn't really want if there was another choice. Washing our hands and being more cautious is great, but social distancing might actually be doing more harm than good. In order to achieve herd immunity, everyone must at one point be exposed to it. Herd immunity can be achieved by either exposure, or vaccination. Of course we don't want to have to wait for the vaccination, it might be a long time coming. Our society has become so overly cautious about everything, that we have given up our humanity. Now, we are giving up our rights too (that's another topic even still).

What I believe is it's not as horrendous as the media and the government is making it out to be. Maybe I am wrong, time will tell. Until then, I wash my hands, I will stay home if I don't feel well, but I am going about my daily life.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:55 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4894
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1168 times
mrscott wrote:

Emphysema is responsible for 5% of the worlds deaths,

i can not pass my emphysema to you by talking too close.
mrscott wrote:
cancer is killing people

i can't pass my cancer to you by talking too close.
mrscott wrote:
Nobody is adding up those numbers and comparing

because i can't give you any of them by talking close or shaking hands.
mrscott wrote:
I will agree that this virus is serious, something that we wouldn't really want if there was another choice. Washing our hands and being more cautious is great, but social distancing might actually be doing more harm than good. In order to achieve herd immunity, everyone must at one point be exposed to it.

19 of 20 need to be exposed to create herd immunity like with measles. the problem becomes, those who can not get the vaccine or the virus itself who are considered "high risk" and are the ones herd immunity is supposed to protect
1) those over 65 (16% of the US population)
2) those who are imuncompromised (4% of the US population)
3) those with chronic lung disease (6% of the US population)
4) those with diabetes (10.5% of the US population)
among others... but those alone equal 36.5% of the population, making herd immunity impossible without deliberately killing large swaths of the population.
mrscott wrote:
Herd immunity can be achieved by either exposure, or vaccination. Of course we don't want to have to wait for the vaccination, it might be a long time coming.

fot those who can get it (not part of the above groups) vaccination is the safest way to do so.
mrscott wrote:
Our society has become so overly cautious about everything, that we have given up our humanity.

i disagree, but this is a personal opinion so we can disagree on this.
mrscott wrote:
Now, we are giving up our rights too (that's another topic even still).

the SCOTUS has unanimously stated this is not true and no rights are being lost.

mrscott wrote:
What I believe is it's not as horrendous as the media and the government is making it out to be.

that may be so, but it's also why i am not following the government or media but the thousands upon thousands of scientists, virologists, doctors, nurses, who have WAY more training and expertise in this than the media, White House, and the guy who barely graduated high school on facebook and youtube. if anybody knows this...it's them, not the opinion of you or I.
mrscott wrote:
Maybe I am wrong, time will tell. Until then, I wash my hands, I will stay home if I don't feel well, but I am going about my daily life.

all good, but by the time you don't feel well, you have already spread the virus to people for several days (5 days is the average incubation time to be asymptomatic and contagious) which is why the SAH orders were issued in the first place.

to answer the OP...i don't know if patrons will, but i sure will be. not just for me, but because i care about my singers and do not want to be the one to accidentally spread the virus i would not know i have yet to them. their health is important to me, along with those that they come into contact with. to me, wearing a mask is the responsible thing i can do to help mitigate the risk i pose to them.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:22 pm 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1931
Been Liked: 201 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Emphysema is responsible for 5% of the worlds deaths,

i can not pass my emphysema to you by talking too close.
mrscott wrote:
cancer is killing people

i can't pass my cancer to you by talking too close.
mrscott wrote:
Nobody is adding up those numbers and comparing

because i can't give you any of them by talking close or shaking hands.
mrscott wrote:
I will agree that this virus is serious, something that we wouldn't really want if there was another choice. Washing our hands and being more cautious is great, but social distancing might actually be doing more harm than good. In order to achieve herd immunity, everyone must at one point be exposed to it.

19 of 20 need to be exposed to create herd immunity like with measles. the problem becomes, those who can not get the vaccine or the virus itself who are considered "high risk" and are the ones herd immunity is supposed to protect
1) those over 65 (16% of the US population)
2) those who are imuncompromised (4% of the US population)
3) those with chronic lung disease (6% of the US population)
4) those with diabetes (10.5% of the US population)
among others... but those alone equal 36.5% of the population, making herd immunity impossible without deliberately killing large swaths of the population.
mrscott wrote:
Herd immunity can be achieved by either exposure, or vaccination. Of course we don't want to have to wait for the vaccination, it might be a long time coming.

fot those who can get it (not part of the above groups) vaccination is the safest way to do so.
mrscott wrote:
Our society has become so overly cautious about everything, that we have given up our humanity.

i disagree, but this is a personal opinion so we can disagree on this.
mrscott wrote:
Now, we are giving up our rights too (that's another topic even still).

the SCOTUS has unanimously stated this is not true and no rights are being lost.

mrscott wrote:
What I believe is it's not as horrendous as the media and the government is making it out to be.

that may be so, but it's also why i am not following the government or media but the thousands upon thousands of scientists, virologists, doctors, nurses, who have WAY more training and expertise in this than the media, White House, and the guy who barely graduated high school on facebook and youtube. if anybody knows this...it's them, not the opinion of you or I.
mrscott wrote:
Maybe I am wrong, time will tell. Until then, I wash my hands, I will stay home if I don't feel well, but I am going about my daily life.

all good, but by the time you don't feel well, you have already spread the virus to people for several days (5 days is the average incubation time to be asymptomatic and contagious) which is why the SAH orders were issued in the first place.

to answer the OP...i don't know if patrons will, but i sure will be. not just for me, but because i care about my singers and do not want to be the one to accidentally spread the virus i would not know i have yet to them. their health is important to me, along with those that they come into contact with. to me, wearing a mask is the responsible thing i can do to help mitigate the risk i pose to them.


You are picking solely on THIS virus, there are MANY other pathogens out there that are just as contagious, and just as deadly... and the sad part is,,, you know that, but simply acknowledge this one only. My point is there are a thousand ways to die unexpectedly and to simply pick this one to cause a panic over is not right. Mumps can kill too ya know, and it's spread by the same means.

We here were never ordered to stay at home, nor was it even remotely necessary. And to spread a virus that nobody in our county has is pretty miraculous if you ask me. I have said it before and will reinforce the statement,,, we are isolated for the most part. Is there a chance of someone spreading it here? Sure there is!! But I also might get swallowed by a hippopotamus at the zoo too. You just can't live in fear of the "what if's",,, That is all I am saying. I do take whatever precautions necessary to ensure we don't needlessly and foolishly expose ourselves, but if I did get it, it would not be the end of the world, even if I died. Our area is not Phoenix or San Diego filled and crammed with hundreds of thousands of residents all scrambling around all over each other... sorry, we just don't live like that here.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 159 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech