KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Shattered Glass...2020 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shattered Glass...2020
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:23 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
Over the past several months I've been looking to do a named change..but never came up with anything that grab my attention. I asked a lot of my singers what they thought...I received all kind of reponses..80% in favor of it....With 2020 here..me turning the big 55...and just ready for something different..its time for a name change...as of Fall 2020 GEMINI KARAOKE.....will now be known as
SHATTERED GLASS KARAOKE
We are currently working on the new logo as well as new posters....tshirts..and ect.

I would like to hear everyones thought on the name change...thank you in advance

Attachments:
d19ee84917b090983e0178bf4d8d6f1c.jpg
d19ee84917b090983e0178bf4d8d6f1c.jpg [ 92.67 KiB | Viewed 32310 times ]

Last edited by GK Productions on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
What does it have to do with karaoke? I hear that name I automatically think of a glass company or glass repair.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:48 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:
What does it have to do with karaoke? I hear that name I automatically think of a glass company or glass repair.

once you see the logo ..you will understand...a fist with a mic in it..going though glass
have you ever seen advertisement where someone sings and a glass breaks???
Got to think outside the box...lol this pic below is not the logo rather the power and energy that comes with it

Attachments:
istockphoto-627045244-612x612.jpg
istockphoto-627045244-612x612.jpg [ 38.2 KiB | Viewed 32310 times ]

Last edited by GK Productions on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:

Just for you information there is a Film Company Shatter Glass Productions.....making movies....FYI..lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Productions makes it part of an entertainment field. Guess would have to see it. Now I see you edited the original post 9 hours later to add 'karaoke', ok.
Hopefully it's not a closed fist holding a mic as a company on the more active forums just got labeled as racist because of it and actually had to change their logo recently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
Lonman wrote:

Ok, I'm showing my age by even remembering this one, but this is what I instantly thought of.

Attachments:
IILOIIM.jpg
IILOIIM.jpg [ 133.45 KiB | Viewed 32283 times ]
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
This wasn't the only commercial either. I remember a bunch that had glass shattering. All for Memorex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfugTnXJV4

They probably stopped using them because they weren't accurate at all and competitors probably sued them. Those singers weren't actually breaking glass. It can be done, but you have to be able to perfectly hit the note that resonates with glass's natural resonance wavelength, and you need a lot of power in your voice and a very thin piece of glass.

Ironically, it doesn't prove that Memorex tape is any better than it's competitor's. If a recording breaks glass, it's not a feature of the tape, but more of the stereo's amp and speakers that are playing it back. Recording that special note can be done on any tape, but you need some serious amplification to get it to break glass.

I think it's a rather clever name for a karaoke company. It says you have a very powerful and audibly accurate sound system. It also implies that you cater to the best singers (the ones capable of breaking glass). I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
This wasn't the only commercial either. I remember a bunch that had glass shattering. All for Memorex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfugTnXJV4

They probably stopped using them because they weren't accurate at all and competitors probably sued them. Those singers weren't actually breaking glass. It can be done, but you have to be able to perfectly hit the note that resonates with glass's natural resonance wavelength, and you need a lot of power in your voice and a very thin piece of glass.

Ironically, it doesn't prove that Memorex tape is any better than it's competitor's. If a recording breaks glass, it's not a feature of the tape, but more of the stereo's amp and speakers that are playing it back. Recording that special note can be done on any tape, but you need some serious amplification to get it to break glass.

I think it's a rather clever name for a karaoke company. It says you have a very powerful and audibly accurate sound system. It also implies that you cater to the best singers (the ones capable of breaking glass). I like it.

thank you so much it nice to see someone gets it!!! lol
I was a little nervous doing a name change but ive gotten a lot of good feed back from my singers..so im feeling a lot better about changing the name..thanks again
Shattered Glass Karaoke...New Name..New Show..and a lot more Attitude

Attachments:
88956927_10212793323468113_1184348484686315520_o.jpg
88956927_10212793323468113_1184348484686315520_o.jpg [ 68.86 KiB | Viewed 32260 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:55 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Again your original post didnt have karaoke in the name until you edited it after it was pointed out. It didnt make sense without it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
I personally don't like it. To me, it does not say that you have a great show with great singers. Actually quite the opposite. But of course, that's just my opinion but the name definitely does not attract me to your shows.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I personally think that to many karaoke company names are rather boring and show not much thought went or creative went into it..not say mine is the best by no means...and not bragging....but I do think its interesting enough to catch people attention...and that is the point. ….compare to ...MT Productions...or Star Maker...or Klassy Karaoke ..ect…..I just don't see a lot of creative being even around here...Medina Productions...Partytown Productions....as I said not really eye catching...personally..I would drawn toward names with something a little more off the wall..like ...Sonic Boom...Mirage...Matrix....Fusion....ect
On that same note..a name no matter what it is... wont even matter if you don't have a good show...period.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I suppose if I had to use that name, this is the logo that I created and would use. I think it looks better then using the pics that you posted.........................

Attachments:
shattered2.jpg
shattered2.jpg [ 250.02 KiB | Viewed 32126 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:10 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Alan B wrote:
I suppose if I had to use that name, this is the logo that I created and would use. I think it looks better then using the pics that you posted.........................

Nice Job ..maybe I need to hire you to do my logo.....but the word needs to be spelled Shattered Glass..left out an e in Shattered,,,,but not bad over all...not bad
May people should contact Alan B on here to design their logo
Thank you Alan B
PS I was was thinking that the glass part would be like a music note exploding.....not sure but a thought

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Nice Job ..maybe I need to hire you to do my logo.....but the word needs to be spelled Shattered Glass..left out an e in Shattered,,,,but not bad over all...not bad
Thank you Alan B
PS I was was thinking that the glass part would be like a music note exploding.....not sure but a thought

How about an apostrophe where that last e should be. Would look cooler in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Thank you Alan B

How about an apostrophe where that last e should be. Would look cooler in my opinion.

This is my logo. It's actually a reverse of my original logo which was black lettering on a white background.

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1583706625332.jpg
FB_IMG_1583706625332.jpg [ 9.46 KiB | Viewed 32104 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:40 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Thank you Alan B

ok....that is a thought..not the norm but an idea worth considering...thanks for suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Maybe I need to do a logo..contest...best logo submited get $50 and creator mention all poster..programs..website..ect that have the logo on it
I do know I want the color for the logo ...Ice Blue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

OK, here is the corrected logo...

Attachments:
shattered5.jpg
shattered5.jpg [ 307.5 KiB | Viewed 32093 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:54 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Thank you Alan B

This is my logo. It's actually a reverse of my original logo which was black lettering on a white background.

Danny, get rid of that "where we make you the star" crap.

Attachments:
STARMAKER.jpg
STARMAKER.jpg [ 395.29 KiB | Viewed 32093 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:55 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
I actually voted "no" on if I like it or not... I'm not crazy about it. It's not horrible by any means, and like Bob said earlier, my first connotation was the Memorex commercial of olden days. But I think it doesn't say enough about what you do,, even with the "karaoke" added. I think it still falls into the category of what you said were a bit more commonplace.... I know my opinion does not matter, but that is what I see.