KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Is there such an animal 2 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
I have over 3600 songs that I can't use because they are multiplex, there are no nonmultiplex versions of this brand. I am looking for a program that will in bulk take a multiplex song and remove the guide vocals on the mp3 and replace it with just. The background music. I know that I can attain this without having to mess with the actual audio recording but I want to be able to use it in any player that I may choose to use in the future. I have looked at all the offerings ood MTU and Power Karaoke and both seem to work with single files and not bulk. I want bulk.I don't have the time or patience to go through every single song and do them one at a time.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1054 times
why not use the multiplex option on your player when you use them?

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
why not use the multiplex option on your player when you use them?

A: I have 3 players on my laptop, Siglos, Hoster and OpenKJ. Siglos multiplex sucks period, Hoster is missing a feature that OpenKJ has yet has the best multiplex feature yet I would rather loose the use of 3600+ songs for a couple of reasons that OpenKJ presents to me, the ability to list Karaoke Version's, Karaoke.net's and Sunfly USA's entire catalogs in OpenKJ's online songbook request software us the fact that my partner will be using the same program keeping the company uniform.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 pm
Posts: 155
Been Liked: 76 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
why not use the multiplex option on your player when you use them?

A: I have 3 players on my laptop, Siglos, Hoster and OpenKJ. Siglos multiplex sucks period, Hoster is missing a feature that OpenKJ has yet has the best multiplex feature yet I would rather loose the use of 3600+ songs for a couple of reasons that OpenKJ presents to me, the ability to list Karaoke Version's, Karaoke.net's and Sunfly USA's entire catalogs in OpenKJ's online songbook request software us the fact that my partner will be using the same program keeping the company uniform.

I use Siglos and turning off the multiplex works great for me!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1054 times
same, Siglos multiplex works the same as every other one. the vocals are on one side with music, and the other side is just music (if you play a multiplex track, you will only hear the vocals out of one side, usually the right)
the multiplex setting just mutes that channel and takes the left side and plays that on out of both speakers. multiplex is always mono.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:57 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
same, Siglos multiplex works the same as every other one. the vocals are on one side with music, and the other side is just music (if you play a multiplex track, you will only hear the vocals out of one side, usually the right)
the multiplex setting just mutes that channel and takes the left side and plays that on out of both speakers. multiplex is always mono.

Yeah but it's a pain in the butt to access it. I don't like to have the player itself in view as other than the multiplex, I have absolutely no need to access it. If someone is late getting to the stage, I just hit restart and start. Plus unlike any other player it's not a right middle left button type of thing, kinda stupid in my opinion.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3654
Images: 13
Been Liked: 1425 times
Same, Karma MPX Default S (stereo), L, R & M.

I have a few multiplex tracks; they were marked (v) in the database - my cue to hit L as soon as the music starts to play.

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 772
Images: 0
Location: Champaign IL
Been Liked: 175 times
Wow 3600 multiplex songs sure seems like a lot. Even the old multiplex discs usually had the tracks duplicated with and without vocal tracks. The few I did have were loaded into Hoster and were set to disable the vocal track.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:25 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Kuelman1 wrote:
Wow 3600 multiplex songs sure seems like a lot. Even the old multiplex discs usually had the tracks duplicated with and without vocal tracks. The few I did have were loaded into Hoster and were set to disable the vocal track.

Nutech supercdgs. I have Hoster but it's only Hoster One. I bought it when it was just me. I now have a partner so we both want us to use the same software. I happen to like OpenKJ better than Siglos for several reasons, one being extremely easy to learn and use.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Last edited by DannyG2006 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22346
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1923 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Hoster is missing a feature that OpenKJ has yet has the best multiplex feature yet I would rather loose the use of 3600+ songs for a couple of reasons that OpenKJ presents to me, the ability to list Karaoke Version's, Karaoke.net's and Sunfly USA's entire catalogs in OpenKJ's online songbook request software us the fact that my partner will be using the same program keeping the company uniform.
What is Hoster missing? I have used the multiplex on occasion for the few I forgot and it works fine.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Lonman wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Hoster is missing a feature that OpenKJ has yet has the best multiplex feature yet I would rather loose the use of 3600+ songs for a couple of reasons that OpenKJ presents to me, the ability to list Karaoke Version's, Karaoke.net's and Sunfly USA's entire catalogs in OpenKJ's online songbook request software us the fact that my partner will be using the same program keeping the company uniform.
What is Hoster missing? I have used the multiplex on occasion for the few I forgot and it works fine.

My biggest problem with Hoster is that I bought Hoster One. I now have a partner but an unwilling to upgrade to straight Video Hoster until I get the feeling that the partnership is going to last.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Duplicate post

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Last edited by DannyG2006 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
I actually should say that it's maybe not Hoster that is missing the feature of being able to list the main three download sites catalogs in the online songlist.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 pm
Posts: 155
Been Liked: 76 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
same, Siglos multiplex works the same as every other one. the vocals are on one side with music, and the other side is just music (if you play a multiplex track, you will only hear the vocals out of one side, usually the right)
the multiplex setting just mutes that channel and takes the left side and plays that on out of both speakers. multiplex is always mono.

Yeah but it's a pain in the butt to access it. I don't like to have the player itself in view as other than the multiplex, I have absolutely no need to access it. If someone is late getting to the stage, I just hit restart and start. Plus unlike any other player it's not a right middle left button type of thing, kinda stupid in my opinion.

Danny all you have to do is hit the apostrophe key and that will turn it off. One more thing how often do you use the multiplex? I never use it so it's always set to off.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Westminster, CO
Been Liked: 45 times
I had purchased SCDGs that were MPXed then I purchased a program from ROXBOX that would convert to MP3+G and also would remove side vocals. Not sure if that program is still out there, but I think so.

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1054 times
you may be better off just reripping them if you don't want to use the multiplex setting.
cdgrip has a multiplex rip setting to not rip the right channel with the vocals.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
you may be better off just reripping them if you don't want to use the multiplex setting.
cdgrip has a multiplex rip setting to not rip the right channel with the vocals.

Gee that would work if these were regular cdg discs, but they are definitely not. Cdgrip doesn't rip supercdg discs. Frank took that feature out or I would have gone back to that. I used to have these demultiplexed but those copies were stolen two days before I moved out away from the thieves.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Duplicate post.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Last edited by DannyG2006 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
bazinga wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
same, Siglos multiplex works the same as every other one. the vocals are on one side with music, and the other side is just music (if you play a multiplex track, you will only hear the vocals out of one side, usually the right)
the multiplex setting just mutes that channel and takes the left side and plays that on out of both speakers. multiplex is always mono.

Yeah but it's a pain in the butt to access it. I don't like to have the player itself in view as other than the multiplex, I have absolutely no need to access it. If someone is late getting to the stage, I just hit restart and start. Plus unlike any other player it's not a right middle left button type of thing, kinda stupid in my opinion.

Danny all you have to do is hit the apostrophe key and that will turn it off. One more thing how often do you use the multiplex? I never use it so it's always set to off.

I have someone who sings a few songs from the set quite often.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4329
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 200 times
Duplicate post

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mrscott and 97 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech