KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - ipad/ tablet or computer Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ipad/ tablet or computer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I am looking for info on what to get, a tablet/ipod or computer?, for song list, and or a site. I have everything else i need, just looking to get rid of the disk and go digital, want to have a unlimited play list so to speak. this is pretty much for home use, if a laptop computer is the best what would i need, done want to spend a fortune, but want to have something good for home use, if a ipad or tablet is better, what what and which one should i use? if anybody can help this newbie would be great thank you all in advance...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:48 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
KJams makes a very nice full featured Player program for Windows/Mac. Complete with built in Server for use with ipad/android tablet app WTKJams. The app connects directly to the software and auto updates songlist/singer lists.

I use KJAMS Pro II at my shows with 4 ipads running the WTKJAMS KE app.

It's awesomes since they optimized the speed of the app to run quicker.

The kjams software also rips/converts/renames your disks to mp3+g (I use 320 bit setting)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:09 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
iPads and tablets are not really suited to the task. Macs are great computers but not for certain tasks. Windows based computers and laptops have far more software options AND hardware options.

Kjams is the only decent app for the Mac, but there is a whole list of options for a PC. I personally like Karma, but there are many other like Compuhost, MTU Hoster, and also very light or free options like Winamp, Sax-n-Dotty, etc... Just read the software thread at the top of this forum group.

When it comes to hardware for karaoke or DJ work, it's a landslide in favor of PCs. The list of hardware available for extras like multiple monitor setups, advanced audio devices, and many other things just blows away what's available for a Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:12 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
If they REALLY want a tablet, then they could get one of those PCs that function as both a laptop and a tablet. Which still have better upgrade options for karaoke, AND the same better software options.

just my 2 cents, your milage may vary

-James

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:14 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 95 times
I just converted my disc-based system to a desktop computer, and it works great. My situation is different because the system doesn't really have to move, but I can picture configuring a mobile version of the system, especially if you're carrying speakers anyway.

There are some pretty good advantages.