KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Smart way to build up a library Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1049 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
I'm sorry but i must debate on if not oppose to using KJmedia Pro. They sell their tracks for 20-30x higher price. You can buy the exact same songs direct from ebay sellers for 5 cents a song.

Not to be confused with karaoke media pro offering 29000+ songs for $60/month.

The price you pay per song download is based on how many credits you buy. For example, if you buy 100 credits, songs are $1.49 if you only buy 10 credits, songs are $3.00. Don't quote me on the exact pricing as it may have changed. The point is, the more credits you buy, the cheaper the song. But the main benefit of using it is being able to unlock a song on the spot and have the customer singing in less then 10 seconds. Your paying for the convenience of it as well.

Yes, buying CD collections off of eBay is the way to go. But this is an alternative to get something on the spot that you don't have.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
I have KJ Media Pro and I still have credits on it. I try to strictly buy older country as much as possible on it because it's what Chartbuster did best, but yes the delivery system is wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
I'd definitely look for some bulk sets on Ebay. Often, you'll find a retiring KJ that will be selling both the discs and a hard drive of the songs already ripped, but expect to pay for the convenience.

Otherwise, I'd start with all of the Chartbuster Essentials sets and the DK sets, then fill in the blanks of modern music with downloads from there. Once you start working from that baseline, put out a clipboard where your singers and request songs you don't have, and be diligent to buy those to round out your selections.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:45 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
depending on what songs you have already, you could also consider picking up the DK millennium and chartbuster essentials 1-6 on on CAVs discs and convert them.

Harder to find, even on ebay now but still pretty cheap considering buying the CDG/sd card would be a lot more expensive

-James

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:04 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Dk scdg's are available all the time on amazon. $15.99 each disk 1 &2 both contain 900 songs. That's not bad for under $0.02 cents a song

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Dk scdg's are available all the time on amazon. $15.99 each disk 1 &2 both contain 900 songs. That's not bad for under $0.02 cents a song

It should also be plainly obvious that those SCDG's aren't properly licensed. But to each their own.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
I haven't tried them yet, but the new Software I just purchased Virtual DJ8 has unlimited Karaoke tunes for $19.99 a month, and unlimited audio (which I did get) for $9.99 a month. You can download a free trial of their software and run some of their karaoke tunes, which the few I've tried were good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:57 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
southernsounds4u wrote:
I haven't tried them yet, but the new Software I just purchased Virtual DJ8 has unlimited Karaoke tunes for $19.99 a month, and unlimited audio (which I did get) for $9.99 a month. You can download a free trial of their software and run some of their karaoke tunes, which the few I've tried were good.
Sad thing is they use DigiTrax for their streaming, which only offers around 2500+ karaoke tracks right now and seems to be shrinking with every lawsuit they get hit with. They started out at over 15,000 tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:19 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
Didn't know the ins and outs of their company, I have realized that in the unlimited content on their audio only, they don't have a lot of older classic or southern rock either

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1049 times
Lonman wrote:
southernsounds4u wrote:
Sad thing is they use DigiTrax for their streaming, which only offers around 2500+ karaoke tracks right now and seems to be shrinking with every lawsuit they get hit with. They started out at over 15,000 tracks.

Well, also thanks to DigiTrax, CompuHost's KJ Media Pro has been suspended...

From KaraokeWare:

June 16, 2016

We've been informed by our content provider (Digitrax Entertainment) that their previous distribution rights contract with a major publisher, effecting a significant number of previously available MyKJMedia selections, has expired and currently under negotiations for renewal. Unfortunately, until such time that distribution rights to the full catalogue are restored, and we're able to resume offering a reasonably comprehensive song catalogue, we find it prudent to temporarily suspend further sales of KJ Media Pro credits. Of course your previously purchased KJ Media Pro credits, currently on account will remain valid and redeemable. Please rest assured that all parties involved are working diligently toward restoring access to the full catalogue as soon as possible, at which time we'll promptly resume credit sales.

Sincerely,
Karaokeware Inc.

You gotta love DigiTrax.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
I started out with 2000+ songs (books 1 to 5 ) From Chartbusters. I did OK. Now I have the 6000+ Chartbusters hard drive I got form a now retired KJ. No change! Most folks do the songs from the first 5! I'm just glad I got them used.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:
southernsounds4u wrote:

Well, also thanks to DigiTrax, CompuHost's KJ Media Pro has been suspended...

From KaraokeWare:

June 16, 2016

We've been informed by our content provider (Digitrax Entertainment) that their previous distribution rights contract with a major publisher, effecting a significant number of previously available MyKJMedia selections, has expired and currently under negotiations for renewal. Unfortunately, until such time that distribution rights to the full catalogue are restored, and we're able to resume offering a reasonably comprehensive song catalogue, we find it prudent to temporarily suspend further sales of KJ Media Pro credits. Of course your previously purchased KJ Media Pro credits, currently on account will remain valid and redeemable. Please rest assured that all parties involved are working diligently toward restoring access to the full catalogue as soon as possible, at which time we'll promptly resume credit sales.

Sincerely,
Karaokeware Inc.

You gotta love DigiTrax.

Did no one who has one of these see this coming?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Kirks Karaoke wrote:
I started out with 2000+ songs (books 1 to 5 ) From Chartbusters. I did OK. Now I have the 6000+ Chartbusters hard drive I got form a now retired KJ. No change! Most folks do the songs from the first 5! I'm just glad I got them used.
Except the Essential packs and the 6000+ hard drive had most of the most popular songs. So even your 2000 tracks were still karaoke norms. The streaming service from VDJ is DigiTrax pared down because they cannot offer the really good stuff anymore tracks. If you go through the list of available songs, it might be rather disappointing. I just compared to my top 500 sung from last year and a good portion of what is offered isn't what is being sung (granted that is only my show).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I still have at least 40 credits left on my KJ Media Pro. Not in any hurry to burn them up.

The real value lies in hanging on to them till I don't have any other way to fill a request, then boom there it is instantly when I really need it

So if I play a place with no internet access and a singer hits me with one I just don't have or if it's one only Chartbuster did - booyah!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

BigJer wrote:
I still have at least 40 credits left on my KJ Media Pro. Not in any hurry to burn them up.

The real value lies in hanging on to them till I don't have any other way to fill a request, then boom there it is instantly when I really need it

So if I play a place with no internet access and a singer hits me with one I just don't have or if it's one only Chartbuster did - booyah!

Devil's Advocate - At what point will someone turn off the auth servers that allow you to redeem credits?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Lonman wrote:
Kirks Karaoke wrote:
Except the Essential packs and the 6000+ hard drive had most of the most popular songs. So even your 2000 tracks were still karaoke norms. The streaming service from VDJ is DigiTrax pared down because they cannot offer the really good stuff anymore tracks. If you go through the list of available songs, it might be rather disappointing. I just compared to my top 500 sung from last year and a good portion of what is offered isn't what is being sung (granted that is only my show).

The thing is, I do an almost all snowbird crowd. I'm the youngest at 64. I try to update my book, but so far no one does anything newer than 20 years ago! Oh ya, don't stop putting out your top 500. It's about the only way I seem to find out what new stuff is really used.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

chrisavis wrote:
BigJer wrote:

Devil's Advocate - At what point will someone turn off the auth servers that allow you to redeem credits?

Chris I can redeem credits on KJ Media Pro without being on the internet and I already downloaded my 40 credits to the hard drive along with the library. Ergo I don't deal with any servers till the 40 credits are used up

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Kirks Karaoke wrote:
The thing is, I do an almost all snowbird crowd. I'm the youngest at 64. I try to update my book, but so far no one does anything newer than 20 years ago! Oh ya, don't stop putting out your top 500. It's about the only way I seem to find out what new stuff is really used.

I too have a "Snowbird" crowd so new music is seldom requested, but I do purchase quite a few of the biggest songs as they become available. Last night I did a gig at a beautiful Jewish center, and (2) 15 year old girls wanted to sing. I approached the girls and let them know where to find the newer music, but they were only interested in the show tunes/specialty books I had. Go figure.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

BigJer wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
BigJer wrote:

Chris I can redeem credits on KJ Media Pro without being on the internet and I already downloaded my 40 credits to the hard drive along with the library. Ergo I don't deal with any servers till the 40 credits are used up

Ah..... I stand corrected. Happy to see they can still be redeemed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:14 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Best thing about the old system is that as long as it doesn't get connected to the internet, it will have the ENTIRE catalog that was originally available, which means there will be a whole mess of chartbuster and pocketsong/stage star etc that you can't buy anymore thru the new system.

-James