KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Copy Master Plexwriter 48/1 Outdated? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Hi All!!! Long time to see :) Was wondering if in the computer/laptop/digital age if having this is useless. I was browsing a sales site & this came up in the mix & was just wanting to know if I should even try to purchase it. TIA :)

karaoke copy master plexwriter 48/1 it also has some numbers on the lower right corner but I cant make them out.

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:55 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Karaoke Kelley wrote:
Hi All!!! Long time to see :) Was wondering if in the computer/laptop/digital age if having this is useless. I was browsing a sales site & this came up in the mix & was just wanting to know if I should even try to purchase it. TIA :)

karaoke copy master plexwriter 48/1 it also has some numbers on the lower right corner but I cant make them out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KARAOKE-CD-G-CO ... SwepJXaKwC

This one?

If you want to back up your cd+g discs, freeware version of Alcohol 120% has the capabiity. As does CloneCD (free to try for 20 days), and Nero Burning Rom.

I personally use the free version Alcohol, but you'll have to watch out for the bloat ware that accomapnies the install, which is easily removable. It makes duplication a snap as you just select "karaoke CD" from a pull down menu.

Then again, you could spend the money of you want these drives as they are harder and harder to come by as they are true CD+G drives. I'm guessing they are Plextor drives.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ctwentytwo wrote:
Karaoke Kelley wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KARAOKE-CD-G-CO ... SwepJXaKwC

This one?

If you want to back up your cd+g discs, freeware version of Alcohol 120% has the capabiity. As does CloneCD (free to try for 20 days), and Nero Burning Rom.

I personally use the free version Alcohol, but you'll have to watch out for the bloat ware that accomapnies the install, which is easily removable. It makes duplication a snap as you just select "karaoke CD" from a pull down menu.

Then again, you could spend the money of you want these drives as they are harder and harder to come by as they are true CD+G drives. I'm guessing they are Plextor drives.

No,not that one like i said it says 48/1 then some more numbers on the lower right hand corner I cant make out b/ the picture isnt that good. Thanks for the info on the other things though :)

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Discs are dead. Don't waste your money. You can backup discs to a hard drive.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
I have a PLEXWRITER 24/10/40U which I still use to make a backup copy of my originals (as well as my own compilation of songs I like to sing when I go out).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Most new computers do not even have the right connections for the older cd drives like that so I'd pass. Most new computer dvd drives have the ability with the right software to rip/burn cdg discs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
chrisavis wrote:
Discs are dead. Don't waste your money. You can backup discs to a hard drive.

What he said! Don't invest any more money in antique technology.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thats what I asked for I was having doubts so you all confirmed, I think I'll pass on it :) Thanks yall !!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Most new computers do not even have the right connections for the older cd drives like that so I'd pass. Most new computer dvd drives have the ability with the right software to rip/burn cdg discs.

What software would you suggest?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
I have an old Santa pleat or I still use to burn discs but to be honest I haven't used it in 3 or 4 yrs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:47 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Karaoke Kelley wrote:
Lonman wrote:

MTU Microstudio is good with most dvd drives and can double as a basic home player as well.
Powerkaraoke CDG Burner would be the other option - both of these are the best and will work with most (not all) of todays dvd drives.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Karaoke Kelley wrote:
Lonman wrote:

MTU Microstudio is good with most dvd drives and can double as a basic home player as well.
Powerkaraoke CDG Burner would be the other option - both of these are the best and will work with most (not all) of todays dvd drives.

Duh! Microstudio! Good to be reminded of that! We got it when we bought our MTC programs along with the vogone stuff we have just never used either one of them so forgot we had them! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:58 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Obviously, playing from disc is antiquated. But for preservations sake, the Pextors are the best. You can save to IMG (disc image) and leave it on your hard drive. If you gto the money, why not?

For me, when I get a cd+g disc, I make a disc image, make a cd copy, leave the disc image on my cloud drive, and obviously rip it to mp4+g. I use mp4 audio compression instead of mp3, for the obvious shortcomings of mp3 vs mp4 audio.

Redudant burning cd copies and keeping the disc image? You betcha. I don't like to keep all my digital data in one nest.

BTW, if you're ripping to mp3/mp4/aiff/+g, you will find that on some songs, you'll get what's called confetti and other jumbled graphics. For me, I've fond that I have to just keep trying to rip the song to get a perfect rip. I've learned to streamline this process.

If you run into issues with a song that you cannot get the graphics to rip perfectly, there is a free tool out there that lets you fix the graphics. I've learned to use it, but the learning curve is steep.

I don't know if the errors are with the DVD drives themselves, as initially, they could not read CD+G.

I'm dying to know if a true CD+G drive like those plextors minimize or even plays the songs and graphics perfectly 100% of the time.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
ctwentytwo wrote:
Obviously, playing from disc is antiquated. But for preservations sake, the Pextors are the best. You can save to IMG (disc image) and leave it on your hard drive. If you gto the money, why not

I'm dying to know if a true CD+G drive like those plextors minimize or even plays the songs and graphics perfectly 100% of the time.

Yes, I believe so. perfect clone - bit for bit audio & graphics. Never had a problem.

I have a 15yr old double-decker Plexwriter 40/12/40A. It will copy any & all karaoke cd’s/cdg’s including mediacloqs. Original on top, blank cdr below, run simultaneously. Perfect copy every time. ‘haven’t been used much lately tho’.

I agree with the statements above. Cd is a dying media if not already dead. Show me a teenager buying cds nowadays & I’ll show you someone buying a gift for their grandparent. :lol:
Attachment:
Plex.png
Plex.png [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 29938 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:50 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I used to see these in kj's racks all the time in the later 90's early 2000's. Customer brings in a disc to play, KJ drops it in and has it copied in like 10 minutes or so.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
I used to see these in kj's racks all the time in the later 90's early 2000's. Customer brings in a disc to play, KJ drops it in and has it copied in like 10 minutes or so.

Just to be clear: I would like to paraphrase Bob Dylan’s song - “It Ain’t Me Babe”.

My 22 years of honorable military service rigorously taught us to conduct ourselves according to moral expectations or there would be hell to pay. I consider that practice to be unprofessional, illegal & unethical.

I have this unit for my own personal use. Shame on those kj’s.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
the last new plextor i purchased wouldn't burn karaoke, it would only read. then i read on another website that plextor was dropping the karaoke burning from their features.

so be careful what you buy if you go with a plextor drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mightywiz wrote:
the last new plextor i purchased wouldn't burn karaoke, it would only read. then i read on another website that plextor was dropping the karaoke burning from their features.

Agree with mightywiz. Plextor don’t make external drives anymore. Last year I was looking to replace my old portable Plextor Plexwriter S-88TU. Can’t find it new so I email their customer support. Their reply:

“I am sorry to inform you that Plextor has cut the focus from optical disk drives to solid state drives. We haven't made any new external drives in years. We have a new desktop drive but other than that we haven't made anything externals in years, So the short answer is No - I can't help you find an external CDG burn & rip drive as we don't make one. Sorry for the bad news”.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Brian A wrote:
mightywiz wrote:

Agree with mightywiz. Plextor don’t make external drives anymore. Last year I was looking to replace my old portable Plextor Plexwriter S-88TU. Can’t find it new so I email their customer support. Their reply:

“I am sorry to inform you that Plextor has cut the focus from optical disk drives to solid state drives. We haven't made any new external drives in years. We have a new desktop drive but other than that we haven't made anything externals in years, So the short answer is No - I can't help you find an external CDG burn & rip drive as we don't make one. Sorry for the bad news”.

I have several external "Boxes" that accept internal drives. Easy peasy, but not needed lately..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:22 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Just to be clear: I would like to paraphrase Bob Dylan’s song - “It Ain’t Me Babe”.

My 22 years of honorable military service rigorously taught us to conduct ourselves according to moral expectations or there would be hell to pay. I consider that practice to be unprofessional, illegal & unethical.

I have this unit for my own personal use. Shame on those kj’s.
I wouldn't have figured you on one of those kj's for a minute. These are the a-holes back when piracy was just taking off, kj's would swap libraries, burn customer discs and add to their books, etc.