KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sources for digital downloads? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:36 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
It is getting to the point of being ridiculous to find new music. A large portion of songs are blocked on Tricerasoft, and Select-A-Track and Sunfly are blocked all together. Most American manufacturers are gone thanks to licencing issues, and most of the ones across the pond are blocked from use in the US.

I'll go back to ordering discs if I have to, but most of the sources I've used to get karaoke over the last ten years are gone. Where are you getting your karaoke from currently? I hate using buykaraokedownloads, as the songs are obviously not licensed, but if that is one of the only sources left I will continue to use them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what karaoke.net has to offer. So far it doesn't look promising. Lots of patytyme tracks. Stingray karaoke has ONE Adele track, once again, not too promising. Allstar is hit or miss, but I use them on occasion.

I just hope we don't end up seeing karaoke-version blocked here. I get a lot of tracks from them; even at $3 a pop they are quality tracks.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
purpletib wrote:
It is getting to the point of being ridiculous to find new music. A large portion of songs are blocked on Tricerasoft, and Select-A-Track and Sunfly are blocked all together. Most American manufacturers are gone thanks to licencing issues, and most of the ones across the pond are blocked from use in the US.

I'll go back to ordering discs if I have to, but most of the sources I've used to get karaoke over the last ten years are gone. Where are you getting your karaoke from currently? I hate using buykaraokedownloads, as the songs are obviously not licensed, but if that is one of the only sources left I will continue to use them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what karaoke.net has to offer. So far it doesn't look promising. Lots of patytyme tracks. Stingray karaoke has ONE Adele track, once again, not too promising. Allstar is hit or miss, but I use them on occasion.

I just hope we don't end up seeing karaoke-version blocked here. I get a lot of tracks from them; even at $3 a pop they are quality tracks.

Give Karaoke.net a chance to really get going. I think they will do well. I love KV. I use BKD.COM as a last resort. But they are useful.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:51 am 
Smoothedge69 wrote:
Give Karaoke.net a chance to really get going. I think they will do well. I love KV. I use BKD.COM as a last resort. But they are useful.

Not sure if I went to the correct website, but BKD.COM seems to be the website of a CPA firm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:00 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
MixteryMike wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Not sure if I went to the correct website, but BKD.COM seems to be the website of a CPA firm.

It's buykaraokedownloads.com. Be careful as some of the stuff is junk. Not sure if this a legal site or not, most say NO.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:53 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Lone Wolf wrote:
MixteryMike wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

It's buykaraokedownloads.com. Be careful as some of the stuff is junk. Not sure if this a legal site or not, most say NO.

Karaoke.net will be number 1 source in USA.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

^^ I'm hoping so. We need a decent source for karaoke. I've uses tricera for years, but most UK tracks are now being blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

^^ I'm hoping so. We need a decent source for karaoke. I've uses tricera for years, but most UK tracks are now being blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:28 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
What would be very smart move for trycerasoft is to affiliate with Karaoke.net and start offering the Partytyme hits.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:31 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I've never used partytyme. Anything sold at Walmart I can't take seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:36 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
purpletib wrote:
Their new releases are pretty damn spot on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Lonman wrote:
purpletib wrote:
Their new releases are pretty damn spot on.

I was doubtful about PartyTyme as well, but every song I have listened to has been quite useable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:04 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Well the only thing decent left from tricerasoft is SBI tracks, and that probably won't last much longer at this rate.

I am now SERiOUSLY starting to question if they ever had the so called license they claimed to have, because the DK tracks have gone up on their site and Michael from KSF has already stated point blank that DK is not licensing their content to ANYONE at the moment.

This is seriously going to hurt the US publishers. Instead of getting a little money from the UK publishers for downloads they will get absolutely NOTHING and it won't make one lick of difference because more people are going to start using TOR and loopholes to get around the download restrictions.

-James

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:31 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
unfortunately i think James is right.
the harder it becomes to buy legally, the more piracy will grow. i remember this discussion before about having SC sell downloads and if it became easier to buy than steal, people would buy just like what happened with ITunes. what i don't understand is why the music publishers, who get paid through PRSformusic licensing for every track have decided to take LESS money by refusing to allow sales to one of the largest karaoke markets. it seems counter-intuitive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:41 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

jclaydon wrote:
I am now SERiOUSLY starting to question if they ever had the so called license they claimed to have, because the DK tracks have gone up on their site and Michael from KSF has already stated point blank that DK is not licensing their content to ANYONE at the moment.
I find it ironic as well as soon as the DK tracks went up, they quit showing brands. They used to have the drop down menu, now they don't have that anymore. They used to list all brands next to the tracks, now it's just SBI & OT (what does that mean - Other Tracks?). I would question their 'licensing' as well. I know they have stated here that they are fully licensed for everything they sell, but if that was the case, why would brands be pulled at all?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

jclaydon wrote:
This is seriously going to hurt the US publishers. Instead of getting a little money from the UK publishers for downloads they will get absolutely NOTHING and it won't make one lick of difference because more people are going to start using TOR and loopholes to get around the download restrictions.

-James

And unfortunately I agree. But these manus have the ability to negotiate US licensing as well, it's just too costly for them as compared to the PRS.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

sure, you can license these tracks to seel to the world...oh...you want to sell to the U.S.? oh....no .....you have tyo pay a LOT more to sell to us...i mean...them.

that sounds so rediculous. they are perfectly content taking the money from PRSformusic time after time....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Lone Wolf wrote:

BuyKaraokeDownloads’ TOS: “We only sell music that has been legally licensed for sale to the general public for personal use”.

Karaoke Version (KV) Downloads’ TOS: “All contents of the website are subject to the appropriate copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws. You may use the content only for your personal use.

Pretty much saying the same thing. Probably the same with Tricera. I only download from kv & karaokedownloads.ca. buykaraoke downloads’ tracks are just so-so, just a little above allstar (imho).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

public performance of discs is a violation as well. it gets difficult to know what is real and what is CYA for the makers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:26 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
jclaydon wrote:
Well the only thing decent left from tricerasoft is SBI tracks, and that probably won't last much longer at this rate.

-James

tricerasoft isn't a karaoke producer. They are a re-seller. They do not need to go to publishers for rights. That's been a misconception by many for a long time. They need to have an agreement strictly with the karaoke producer, not the publishers. Granted, the UK karaoke producers are being forced to remove content that is sold in the US and Tricerasoft is one of those sources. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zoom, Sunfly and the like show back up at a later date. Most likely at a larger price, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

MrBoo wrote:
tricerasoft isn't a karaoke producer. They are a re-seller. They do not need to go to publishers for rights. That's been a misconception by many for a long time. They need to have an agreement strictly with the karaoke producer, not the publishers. Granted, the UK karaoke producers are being forced to remove content that is sold in the US and Tricerasoft is one of those sources. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zoom, Sunfly and the like show back up at a later date. Most likely at a larger price, of course.
No but they did make the claim here (i'll try to find the post) that even though they don't produce, they have acquired all licensing on top of what the manus did for that extra surety that they are selling legitimately.

{edt}Here is a couple of the threads from when they were pretty active. Read through more of the threads may give you a little clearer picture too
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20963&start=40#p296181
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19054&p=268333#p268333
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21302&p=296859#p296859 - wonder how they got DK's permission?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20963&p=296183#p296183