KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I Need A Design Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I Need A Design
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 433 times
... for a floor video monitor enclosure. Something that can accommodate a 20" screen, and provide shade from the sun...

Something that might resemble an ordinary floor audio monitor when viewed from the audience side.

Anyone have a design they'd be willing to share? - or - Are they commercially available?

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: I Need A Design
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
They are commercially available, however VERY expensive.

You can make your own - MIGHT be able to find one to fit a 20" screen but chances are no. Find a old broken floor monitor - 15" speaker. Cut out the top and fabricate a mount system for the tv. If you can't find one big enough, some of the speaker manu's put their floor monitor specifications online & you can just build and scale up enough to fit!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
They are available, but quite expensive. I made my own (for flat screen tv) from black styrofoam poster board, with black masking tape. Angled the top for easier viewing. Four sides, back, and glued strips on inside to slide over flat screen. Mine are about 15" deep. I also made one for my laptop, again, basically a box with angled top, and sit laptop inside. Cut slots on the sides, or back for power, or vga cords. MUCH cheaper than buying, and works GREAT. Hope this helps.

Srnitynow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Agree with Lon & Srinity. They’re very expensive. DIY (do it yourself) Earl. It’s cheaper. All you need: plywood, wood glue, nails, utility blade, 3M 77 adhesive & dj speaker carpet.

Carpet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10L-BLACK-CAR-D ... 3f09d0d642

Carpet Adhesive: http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Super-77- ... /100067550

Side Handles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seismic-Audio-P ... 1e99914802

Cut plywood according to your tv dimension. Lowe’s/Home Depot will even cut your plywood to your specs, 2 cuts free, 50 cents per cut thereafter. Apply wood glue & nail it. Cut your dj carpet to size, spray carpet (not wood) generously with 3M 77. Wrap it around your box & cut/trim using utility blade. Easy does it! Pic below, box I made for cables & such. Not really a tv monitor box - but just giving you an idea that it’s easy to make one. Let your imagination do the work. You’ll be surprised what you can do. Good luck.
Attachment:
box2.png
box2.png [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 12025 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Earl wrote:
... for a floor video monitor enclosure. Something that can accommodate a 20" screen, and provide shade from the sun...

Something that might resemble an ordinary floor audio monitor when viewed from the audience side.

Anyone have a design they'd be willing to share? - or - Are they commercially available?

http://www.yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/downloads/broch_pdfs/club_v_monitor_datasheet.pdf
my 21" monitor is only 13" high so a 15" monitor design should work just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks folks... I appreciate the input.

I have lots of supplies... plywood, carpet, hardware... and tools.

I guess what I was looking for was design dimensions of one that someone had already constructed... I'm not too good at figuring out angles on my table saw.

If necessary, I have a couple of old Behringer stage monitors that I never use. Perhaps I can do some "de-constructing" and come up with something suitable.

I'll be producing a concert featuring local talent in September, and didn't want it to appear too 'karaoke-like'... That's why I thought a video monitor more-or-less disguised as a normal stage monitor would be a good idea.

The concert will be outside during the day-time, and sunlight could be a problem... so the capability of shading out harsh light is a must.

I'm off to the drawing board.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Earl, Your biggest problem will be to find a monitor that is bright enough to see out side like you may need. I did a gig like that once. Not so good. I just can't afford an outside TV for Karaoke use (over 1000 bucks US) regular TV are just not good in the day time. :(

http://skyvue.com/store/nxg-3250-ds-outdoor-tv $1800.00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've done outside gigs for the past couple of years, and that's been our biggest problem... the glare from sunlight. We used an awful lot of matte black poster board and a ton of duct-tape to make it bearable... That's why I was hoping to avoid those problems by building (or purchasing) an enclosure.

So far, I've done a lot of internet searching, but haven't found anything that might be suitable... Don't need the optics parts... just the enclosure.

One of my regular karaoke singers is a cabinet maker... Perhaps I'll knock heads with him and see what we can come up with.

In the meantime, if anyone sees a design you think might work, I'd be very interested.

Thanks.