KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Do you collect or keep old karaoke gear? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:47 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Okay, I know this might sound odd but I am a karaoke collector. It is a guilty hobby of mine. Why not share what machines or odd tape/CD Audio libraries you have?

First ever professional karaoke system sold.
SM-8000KYC Singing Machine -- BMB Digital Echo Amp with External Key Control
(Champagne Gold Color) Like New... (This thing made AMAZING demos was made for home studio use and live shows.)

SM-6005 Singing Machine -- Dual Cassette/ Digital Delay/ Key Control
100 Watt Machine (separate speakers) Like New (Was made for home studio use and live shows.)

SM-8005 Singing Machine -- CD Player 10 band EQ Dual Cassette/ Digital Delay/ Key Control
120 Watt Machine (separate speakers) Mint (Was made for home studio use and live shows.)

SM-1000 single 8 track player (NEW) got it as a collectors item.

Fleco K-8900 (120 watt amp - dual cassette like the singing machine but had an 8 1/2 step up or down DSP Key Controller built-in. Why they did 8 half steps each way I don't know, if you go 6 up and 6 down you are in an octave range, lol... )

BMB-DA-X1 240w Karaoke Amp (2 of these like New)
BMB DKC7500 Key Controller (like New)

Pioneer with the DK Soundbeam Logo SAV-210 240w Karaoke Amp (Mint)

Vocopro 809 DSP Key Controller and CDG Decoder (Mint)

MegaStar HP-K2000 Tape Mixing Unit Pre-Amp (Mint)
MegaStar CM-K1100 CDG System (New)

All the stuff mentioned above is Marantz made except the VocoPro...

MUSIC LIBRARIES
(All The Singing Machine 8-tracks and 150 Tapes. Also, the CD Audio Series 300)
(Music Maestro Tape and CD collection before CDG)
Some Priddis Music
SoundTracks Accompaniment
Showstopper Tapes

Something I want... a Pioneer SAV 240 (the one with reverb in it)

OK... What is your guilty pleasure?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 432 times
Not strictly all karaoke stuff, but after more than 40 years as a DJ & later KJ, I have enough p.a. equipment and lights stored in my garage and downstairs workshop to sink the average battleship. Some of it is so old that..... well, let's put it this way... I think there may be a coal-fired amplifier stuck in a back corner somewhere in there.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I have a bunch of processors, mixers, players from past years. Most just need to be cleaned or tweaked - due to years of service in 7 night a week smoke filled bar. I usually replace gear around every 5 years.
I'll probably end up sticking them all on ebay for parts eventually.
The players i'll keep because I still use players so always want a couple stored that I can take out if needed.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Lon,
If you ever need some JVC karaoke parts let me know. I would send them to you for shipping only. There is a JVC 303 and a 202. There is no power cable but the 2 machines could be paired together and one kick butt machine made.

I play in a band myself and do a lot of live gigs. We use some sequences which fill out our band. The drummer plays to a click on songs that require a LOT of busy work. I am a vocalist and pianist. I love doing odd sequences of songs and combining them together.

One of the bands I play in has a horn section but when we need strings or more of the dance bass drums and snares, we have the drummer there with the click. It is nice because we can play with or without sequences.

I am a front man for the band but do sometimes step over to play keys.

Karaoke is what helped me as a kid / teen build my chops. I remember when key controllers went DSP. I was very happy as the first key controllers were AD/PCM. I had a DKC-5500 and a DKC-7500 from BMB. The VocoPro KC100 was awful as it only did "single processing" and you heard 2 keys play at once. I loved my Nikkodo DEP-2000K.

I have owned other machines, but sold them to people who wanted something for home / live use. The BMB DA-X1's were a very popular karaoke amp but I got very irritated when the hosts would set all the tone controls and delays to "center" position.

I would always EQ the singers and make sure that the delay effect was changed for each singer and each song. If I had an Elvis fan up, I would give them a slap-back effect. If someone was singing Prince, I knew what to do for Purple Rain or Here and Now by Luther.

I will never forget some people I knew who owned several of the DA-X1's by BMB. They were the only people I knew who used Yak-Stack speakers for karaoke (ugh). They asked me how the "mix" was and I was brutally honest. I told them they needed at the time at least 15's or 18's for speakers with horns and also a 12'' or 15" powered monitor for the singers to hear themselves. I also told them they needed put more highs on their mic's and to turn down the repeat on the delay controls. Their reply (We set it to center which means for normal people's voices.) I wanted to slap them.

I have not done karaoke in so many years but do own a brand new system. I wanted to buy what I could since discs are so hard to find.

Something else I wanted to ask you. Is it just me or does anyone cringe when a person uses just a karaoke player and a plain power amp? For instance, I have seen several shows where the singer will have a RSQ 3 disc player hooked to a power amp. They plug their mics directly into the front of the machine and use the Echo and Mic volumes in the player.

PS: Did any of you ever get to use the Pioneer Karaoke Amp SAV-220 with Reverb in it? Did you like it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I don't collect with intent, but I have acquired a bunch of gear from acquisitions over the past few years. Enough that I really need to start putting it up on Craigslist to get it out of my basement.

What I do collect is karaoke music. Not with any kind of obsession, but for historical purposes.

]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:43 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Need cd mech parts for a Megastar CM-K1100. Cd is intermittent. Lazer at times is not powering up. Could be one of the supporting pcbs that is intermittent. If you have the parts or have a source for them please inform me. Thanks wmcalister@aol.com