KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - do you have a favorite karaoke singer? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
if so, what makes them your favorite?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Yes, but it is because I like the person for other reasons outside of karaoke. There are some horrible singers that I really enjoy having come to karaoke because I have had some great conversations with them, have something in common with them, or something else non-karaoke related. They are just good people and others enjoy their company.

There are a number of great karaoke singers that while they are singing, I am happy to have them there. But outside of that, I wish they would stay away from the venue because of drama, or they are an otherwise unpleasant person to be around. They can drive other patrons away with just their attitude.

But for the most part, I am happy for any and all people to come to karaoke and sing it up.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
My favorite singers are always the ones that are really good, but are humble about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
i've got 2 i can think of, both at the same venue:

one, i refer to (or i should personally nickname for me) as a 'KJ's dream': this chick is physically attractive, dresses sexy every visit, sings a high number of upbeat songs (as opposed to singing slow songs), dances extremely well throughout her upbeat songs--unashamedly, is very mobile--will move around the entire venue as she sings, shows up almost weekly, always eats and drinks at the venue, brings a friend, will share the mic around the bar unselfishly to wake the crowd. and to top it all, she's a nice person to boot. very approachable. friendly to everyone yet sits in her own private corner with her friend at the venue. she doesn't switch her songs once she puts one in and don't ask when she's coming up or what she's singing. she doesn't bother me. always ready. usually early or on time and stays all night until i pack up. always smiling that beautiful smile. wish i could come up with a way to show how grateful i am for her. i love it that she never cares what others think of her singing and dancing. never cares. she's in her own world. she's so comfortable with herself. all i can do is make her my 1st and last singer no matter what.

fav #2 tests my limits constantly. she'll whine. get drunk. accuse. she's loud. a force. i can only take her once a week, honestly. any more than that and we're butting heads. but i dig her because she's extremely genuine. her apologies are always sincere and she always tries to change. she sings incredibly. great voice. she'll boycott me over something flippant and come back with a sincere apology and tries to understand & change. we make each other better.

(disclaimer) i say 'kj's dream' for me, personally though generally kj may refer to any of you who kjs. and though in this case it's a lady, it doesn't have to be per se. i admire someone coming to karaoke dressed nicely because i don't dress well always. but i feel it looks nice if my singers are dressed well no matter the gender.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
My favorite singers are any singer that can come up and have fun while singing. And be able to laugh at themselves if they mess up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
My favs are the singers that can see when the show needs a boost and is willing to be the one to do it. High energy singers that love to have fun and shake it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
I would say that around 50% of the best singers that come to my venues are unfortunately the biggest pains in the a$$. They usually want special treatment, have inflated egos, are critical of other singers, complain about long rotations, etc.

I do have one special singer i would call a "favorite" but not because of his singing ability or charming personality. His name is "Lynn" and he comes to my Monday night show on a regular basis. He has become quite the celebrity at this venue and I am probably the one to blame for his notoriety

He suffered a stroke early on in his life and has little to no use of his left arm. Atrophy has set in and his arm almost looks like a birth defect. He is very polite and usually keeps to himself. Rumor has it that he was once a professional opera singer and when he sings you can somewhat hear it in his voice but that was many moons ago and he is rather long in the tooth now. He is deep into his 70's and has been riding a three-wheel bicycle for as long as I can remember. He has no family and little money that I know of.

I have spoken at length to Lynn on many, many, many occasions and he is very intelligent and quick-witted. Regulars that come in will buy him food and a soda from time to time (non-drinker) and most everyone knows him by name.

He is always my first singer on Monday nights' and I usually pump his intro to the umpteenth degree. He is not a terrible singer and has more songs in his singers' history than anyone else I know. I make sure he gets thunderous applause after each performance and most folks will go to his table afterwards and thank him for entertaining them. Last week he sang "smoke on the water" and brought the whole place to their feet.

Bottom line is he makes me and the rest of the folks at this venue smile from ear to ear every Monday night. It's a pretty cool thing to see:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:10 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
My favorites are a group of young men who are good, style themselves as "The A Team", and only sing one number per rotation even though there are two or three of them. They are not only tremendous singers, but they do all types of music. They are also very congratulatory and appreciative of other singers. A class act.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Product 19 wrote:
i've got 2 i can think of, both at the same venue:

one, i refer to (or i should personally nickname for me) as a 'KJ's dream': this chick is physically attractive, dresses sexy every visit, sings a high number of upbeat songs (as opposed to singing slow songs), dances extremely well throughout her upbeat songs--unashamedly, is very mobile--will move around the entire venue as she sings, shows up almost weekly, always eats and drinks at the venue, brings a friend, will share the mic around the bar unselfishly to wake the crowd. and to top it all, she's a nice person to boot. very approachable. friendly to everyone yet sits in her own private corner with her friend at the venue. she doesn't switch her songs once she puts one in and don't ask when she's coming up or what she's singing. she doesn't bother me. always ready. usually early or on time and stays all night until i pack up. always smiling that beautiful smile. wish i could come up with a way to show how grateful i am for her. i love it that she never cares what others think of her singing and dancing. never cares. she's in her own world. she's so comfortable with herself. all i can do is make her my 1st and last singer no matter what.

I had one of those also, then I married her. lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Iron Mike is nowhere near the top as far as singing ability, but he has to be the all-time Kamakaze Karaoke King. He will happily sing ANYTHING, and some of the stuff he finds in my book is so obscure that even I wouldn't remember that I had it....Always fun when he has the mic.....

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
My favorites singers are ANY and ALL that come to MY shows!! It doesn't matter if they are good or bad. As long as they come to my shows, they are my favs!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 431 times
I must admit... I have several favorite singers, but I try my best to keep it to myself. I don't ever want to be accused of "playing favorites"... That's the kiss of death for a karaoke host.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Quote:
My favorites singers are ANY and ALL that come to MY shows!! It doesn't matter if they are good or bad. As long as they come to my shows, they are my favs!!

Either you karaoke at the Utopia Bar and Cholesterol Free Grill, or they hand out Xanax at the door.

I treat all of my singers with kindness and respect, but I DEFINITELY don't like all of them!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:17 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
I have to say my wife. She's only done 1 song. She's a registered nurse, home & Sunday school teacher, mother of 5 (pregnant with out 5th at the time) and sang a fully blown Dropkick Murphys version of "Fields of Athenry". Far and away the best ever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:09 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
TopherM wrote:
Quote:

Either you karaoke at the Utopia Bar and Cholesterol Free Grill, or they hand out Xanax at the door.

I treat all of my singers with kindness and respect, but I DEFINITELY don't like all of them!
2nd that. I have several singers I wish would go to the show down the street for a change. Just too much pains in the arse. But they get the same treatment everyone else gets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I had 35 singers last night and I had a guy come in about 10 minutes after I started the second rotation. He asked me how long it would be until he would sing and I told him "about 1 1/2 hours" he said "you're kidding me" and left. I later found out that the reason he was late getting to my show was because he was at another show earlier that night.

My favorite singers are those that truly patronize my show, spend money, entertain, and keep coming back. I emphasize "spend money" because without that, few singers would fall into the "favorite" category. I have 1 guy that is a favorite and "does not spend much money" because he dances with every woman in the place and keeps them on the dance floor all night long.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:12 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 27 times
My favourite singers are the ones who get creative,challenge themselves, and really get into it.Also those who have great voices but don't feel the need to sing ballads all the time and will encourage others.

Al time fave has to be my friend Onkar, who ended up auditioning for the uk x factor and was the first person to my knowledge to accidentally sneak an f bomb past censors when he replicated the wall scene in Earth Song and crashed into a wall. He would stay true to himself no matter what, and I love that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:09 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 38 times
Fav #1: "Mike and Becky". This brother-and-sister duo comes in and puts in a few songs about twice a month, and each song is a winner. They specialize in songs that are widely known, but that you don't hear at every show. Both are animated, both have big, winning smiles that just scream "I'm having a blast up here", and both are good singers, with Mike being the better of the two (he doesn't sing for a band, and I find that supremely disappointing, as he's excellent). They spend money, they mingle with the other singers, and they're fantastically nice people.

Fav #2: "Anna". Anna attends every show, and I do mean every show -- when she gets done work, she changes, and comes out to wherever I am that night. She makes friends, sings fun songs, takes suggestions, and never complains about the rotation. She is my single biggest fan, and she doesn't even have a crush on me -- girl is as gay as the day is long. She's simply a good person that I'm always excited to see every night. She's also a terrible singer, but she always has fun, knows the regulars everywhere, and loves her nightly ritual. She's an absolute dream.

Fav #3: "Teddy". Teddy's not much of a drinker -- he grabs a soda and sometimes a meal, posts up quietly at the corner of the bar, and smiles and claps after every song. He's well into his 60s, white, and looks like a member of the Rat Pack -- that is, until his name is called, and he busts into anything from his arsenal, which is exclusively modern r&b and hip-hop. We're talking Usher, T.I., Ludacris, Black Eyed Peas, Robin Thicke, you name it. He knows the songs forward and backward, is an immensely entertaining performer, and you can see everyone in the joint pull out their smart phone and start recording some high-quality YouTube gold. When Teddy sings, you don't watch Teddy -- you watch the crowd, because all of a sudden, their night just got awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
That would have to be my GF of six years as she is the one who got me started in this field.
I met her online. We chatted a few times and she told me she was a singer. She emailed me a picture and 6 mp3's of her singing. Double bonus! Saw that she was quite good looking, but what really floored me was her voice. WOW! She had me by the end of that first song.
This girl does Karen Carpenter (looks, mannerisms, and voice) better than anyone I have ever heard.
She can literally bring a room to a standstill when she launches into one of their old hits.