KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Inventory Week.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Inventory Week....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
14 Laptops (includes backups and filler music machines)
10 x Karma Licenses
6 x ELX-112P
8 x ELX-115P
5 x ELX-118P
6 x ZED-12FX
2 x Yamaha MGCX (forget model)
4 x RNC1173
1 x dbx1046
1 x dbx PA+
12 x SM58
12 x Shure Super 55 (2 are the Red/Black Models)
7 x GTD787
2 x Vocopro 5800
6 x Various Size Displays
??? x Lights and Lasers
20,000+ CD+G's (includes two GEMs)

This supports 11 bars, 28 shows per week, 10 hosts (including me and trainees). Every system stays on site permanently except my system which moves between two locations.

Do you have any idea how badly I want to haul all of the gear back to my house and chain all of the speakers together?!?!?!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Inventory Week....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
chrisavis wrote:
14 Laptops (includes backups and filler music machines)
10 x Karma Licenses
6 x ELX-112P
8 x ELX-115P
5 x ELX-118P
6 x ZED-12FX
2 x Yamaha MGCX (forget model)
4 x RNC1173
1 x dbx1046
1 x dbx PA+
12 x SM58
12 x Shure Super 55 (2 are the Red/Black Models)
7 x GTD787
2 x Vocopro 5800
6 x Various Size Displays
??? x Lights and Lasers
20,000+ CD+G's (includes two GEMs)

This supports 11 bars, 28 shows per week, 10 hosts (including me and trainees). Every system stays on site permanently except my system which moves between two locations.

Do you have any idea how badly I want to haul all of the gear back to my house and chain all of the speakers together?!?!?!

And don't forget to add 14 cups of coffee.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
chrisavis wrote:

Ct Kirk Karaoke wrote:
And don't forget to add 14 cups of coffee.

And a continuous supply of Advil ibuprofen. :) I have no idea, chris, I think you’ll need another house to store all your gear plus couple of roadies. The accumulation process from your inventory shows a staggering amount of time & money, not to mention the mundane task of upkeep, upgrades & updates.

You are one heck of a successful kj entrepreneur making it all happen in a very short period of time. My hat is off to you. Congrats & may you achieve more success ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Time to get a wherehouse.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:05 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
And hire some roadies!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Need more back-ups..... :-)

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:30 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
SwingcatKurt wrote:
Time to get a wherehouse.
Good thing you didn't misspell warehouse with an "o" :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 433 times
Although there are lots of warehouses in this area, I also have a wherehouse... as in "where" can I put stuff in this house? The garage is full, and the house is nearing capacity too.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Fortunately for me, There is never more than one rig at home at a time and usually zero rigs. They all stay on site. I am considering getting a very small unit just to store karaoke discs and spare gear. The only reason I haven't yet is because I think security at my house is better than any storage facility.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Make double sure your homeowners policy does NOT exclude commercial property..... we use offsite storage with multiple security, fire suppression, hurricane fortified, air conditioned space just to be able to afford replacement coverage. Gear would be easily replaced... disc almost impossible.

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:21 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Again, there is only a single set of gear that is ever at my house. And it usually never comes in the house, it stays in the truck. The discs are another matter though which is why I have considered storing those. I want to find a temp/humidity controlled unit though. Insurance is still being fretted over. Been working on some things with my insurance company, but now ready to re-join the ADJA just for that benefit alone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:33 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
chrisavis wrote:
Again, there is only a single set of gear that is ever at my house. And it usually never comes in the house, it stays in the truck. The discs are another matter though which is why I have considered storing those. I want to find a temp/humidity controlled unit though. Insurance is still being fretted over. Been working on some things with my insurance company, but now ready to re-join the ADJA just for that benefit alone.

I would love to leave my equipment in my truck, but alas, here in Florida electronics would not last too long in a vehicle. The heat would destroy everything. I would LOVE to leave my stuff in my truck. The last ting I want to do at 2:30 in the morning is unload my truck. By then my back has had enough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

I would love to leave my equipment in my truck, but alas, here in Florida electronics would not last too long in a vehicle. The heat would destroy everything. I would LOVE to leave my stuff in my truck. The last ting I want to do at 2:30 in the morning is unload my truck. By then my back has had enough.

Heat isn't what kills it -- it can take a lot. But the heat plus the humidity? That will do a lot.

I am going to see soon what the effect is -- I have been storing my Yorkvilles for 6 months in my garage in Florida. When I get there in December, I am going to want to do a gig. We'll see if they are still in good shape.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mckyj57 wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Heat isn't what kills it -- it can take a lot. But the heat plus the humidity? That will do a lot.

I am going to see soon what the effect is -- I have been storing my Yorkvilles for 6 months in my garage in Florida. When I get there in December, I am going to want to do a gig. We'll see if they are still in good shape.

A garage won't get as hot as a truck. A truck can get to 160 inside.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:41 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
mckyj57 wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

A garage won't get as hot as a truck. A truck can get to 160 inside.

If you can park it in the shade, it should be OK for the most part. Storage temperature for electronic gear is typically higher than 160. I would worry most about the speaker cones.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Here in the northwest, it is the moisture that is the killer. During the rainy season (starting pretty much now) the constant wet we have here is great for the plants but hard on just about everything man-made. It's why in a couple of weeks my little Citroen 2cv goes into storage. Otherwise it would show visible rusting very quickly.

I think the moving causes the most damage though. My most mobile set of gear has all kinds of dings, missing fader knobs, battery covers, damaged cables, dings, dents, and one of my speakers has something rolling around inside of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
FYI, I store my main speakers, monitors, and subs in a non-air conditioned enclosed trailer in the hot FL summers. The same four speakers have gone through SIX years of summers now, with no ill effects at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

TopherM wrote:
FYI, I store my main speakers, monitors, and subs in a non-air conditioned enclosed trailer in the hot FL summers. The same four speakers have gone through SIX years of summers now, with no ill effects at all.

Good! Maybe my Yorkvilles will have survived....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

TopherM wrote:

Cool. What about your other toys, boards and stuff?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:51 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
We shopped for a great umbrella policy to cover us personal and business.... found Lloyds of London to have the best coverage (including replacement on all discs and equipment) as well as liability covering almost everything to be the best bang for the buck.... however we do have to store the business equipment and discs in an approved storage facility.... must have A/C, fir suppression, 24 hour on site personnel and multiple alarms and cameras.

Lee McGuffey