KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - DT's online songbook service Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Just got an email from DT cloud re: songdive.com:

SongDive is The Online Songbook - Karaoke Cloud and SongDive have teamed up to bring you a new service! Eliminate heavy songbooks by hosting your list online with SongDive. Provide us with your list, and we will convert it to a fully-indexed, searchable digital format hosted conveniently on SongDive.

As a Karaoke Cloud Pro member, you’ll have the full Pro song list on your SongDive site by default, so you’re ready to go as soon as your account is set up.

You’ll get your own page to direct your singers to, where they can browse your selection of songs and even submit requests directly to your phone via text message. SongDive offers a 10 day risk free trial, with no extra cost per event or limits on songbook size! Click Here (After Free trial, as low as only $10.83/MO).

I think I’ll wait for reviews first. I’ll be interested if they list my book in the same format: song title, artists & manu+song #’s. No thanks if it’s similar to karma’s songbookslive.com, listing songs & artists only.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
I looked at our, it's ok, but not even showing Manu or giving a key change option. I will stick with songbookdb.com.
nice that they are branching out though

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:21 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I don't want phone send options. Won't be using it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Lonman wrote:
I don't want phone send options. Won't be using it.

Let's hear it again for Song Slips & Books Rah Rah Rah!

I won't use a service like that either. People are already too attached to their phones. Why give them another reason to be distracted. Oh, I know why because it simplifies the host's job.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I don't list Versions in my printed books anyway so I don't miss it in SongBooksLive.com.

$11/year = SongBooksLive.com

$129/year = SongDive.com

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
I don't list Versions in my printed books anyway so I don't miss it in SongBooksLive.com.

$11/year = SongBooksLive.com

$129/year = SongDive.com

-Chris

Agree! “As low as $10.83 a mo”. Could be more than $129.96 yr if you have a big size library. Most (if not all) kj’s will be turned-off by the hefty price tag. Methinks this bandwagon’s gonna have a rough time rolling.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Brian A wrote:
No thanks if it’s similar to karma’s songbookslive.com, listing songs & artists only.

Brian, I got around this by taking a backup of my songs and batch renaming them to include the manu & discID as part of the song title only in ( )
Like this ---> Price, Ray - Crazy Arms (DK079-16)
And then use Song List Generator to upload to Songbookslive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

RLC wrote:
Brian A wrote:
No thanks if it’s similar to karma’s songbookslive.com, listing songs & artists only.

Brian, I got around this by taking a backup of my songs and batch renaming them to include the manu & discID as part of the song title only in ( )
Like this ---> Price, Ray - Crazy Arms (DK079-16)
And then use Song List Generator to upload to Songbookslive

That is a great workaround! Thanks for the tip!

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Re:RLC's tip. Thanks! I'll try it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:33 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Ready for this??? I use Excel to create and update my books, and I print them, and bind them all by myself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I also print books - outdated concept, but many people still appreciate it (I know go figure, why would anyone want to use a book when electronic methods are available). I do have online, phone app books available for those who do happen to use them & will SOMEDAY set up a kiosk, but I am still expecting the books to be the most popular as the phone app books currently don't get a whole lot of use. I do have several that bring in a tablet to view the books online during a show simply because all the books are out & they can view them anytime.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Lonman wrote:
I also print books - outdated concept, but many people still appreciate it (I know go figure, why would anyone want to use a book when electronic methods are available). I do have online, phone app books available for those who do happen to use them & will SOMEDAY set up a kiosk, but I am still expecting the books to be the most popular as the phone app books currently don't get a whole lot of use. I do have several that bring in a tablet to view the books online during a show simply because all the books are out & they can view them anytime.

At my regular shows, I let my books go. I quit updating them and threw them away when they became unserviceable. I've been working on electronic methods, but it's still not done.

Without giving much thought to it what I had done, I noticed a drop off in number of singers (but across the board, business had improved).

When I finally put 2 & 2 together, I started working on my books again. Instantly, the number of singers improved. And, according to Chip, he sort of experiences the same thing with his digital songbook.

Bottom line, traditional books are the best way to get customers involved, specifically those customers that aren't there specifically to sing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
I also print books and use the kiosk. I don't need to pay extra for the use of an on line book.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:12 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

TroyVnd27 wrote:
Bottom line, traditional books are the best way to get customers involved, specifically those customers that aren't there specifically to sing.

I agree. Especially with those that aren't necessarily there to sing, they can peruse & find people to sing songs for them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Luddite that I am, I print books, of course, and my show benefits from the browsing with no pressure from the next person on the kiosk line. However, anyone who hits my tablet with a request for the book in a PDF file will have it sent.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
What is funny about it, is that most people still come up to me and just ask for songs. I have my books on both my computers. And if I don't have what they are looking for, off to Tricerasoft I go. Then I just add it to the book later.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i will admit i was wary, but even at the VFW, DAV, Moose, and Eagles (average age 60+) they love the kiosk and do not miss books one bit. for instance, tonight i was at the FVW, started there earlier this year with 8 singers, now tonight had 23 singers....in a bar with a 54 cap!!!
i never would have thought, but they have embraced it and at my mixed age shows are teaching the young whipper snappers how to do it.
go figure... :dontknow:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:46 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
TroyVnd27 wrote:

Lonman wrote:
I agree. Especially with those that aren't necessarily there to sing, they can peruse & find people to sing songs for them.

I also agree that traditional books are 100% necessary and would never even think of eliminating them, but with songbookslive, for less than what it costs to print 1 book, I can have a web based song book that can be updated with a few clicks and available to however many who wish to use it. It is a great supplement in that aspect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i will admit i was wary, but even at the VFW, DAV, Moose, and Eagles (average age 60+) they love the kiosk and do not miss books one bit. for instance, tonight i was at the FVW, started there earlier this year with 8 singers, now tonight had 23 singers....in a bar with a 54 cap!!!
i never would have thought, but they have embraced it and at my mixed age shows are teaching the young whipper snappers how to do it.
go figure... :dontknow:

I was at Paradigm's show a few weeks ago. He had two laptops setup for the song search/submission. It was a good format and is exactly how I would implement a kiosk - at least two terminals to help alleviate line issues. The downside for me is securing them as many of my venues don't have a convenient place to drop a laptop close to the DJ area.

I actually do want to implement a kiosk system, but not to eliminate books (for now). I just want to do something value added to cover people that would use it. I think it is a wise investment even if it is IN ADDITION TO using printed books and an online book.

-Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
Im not a fan of songbooks online to easy for other dj/kj to serch your song list to compete with you..so I just prefer to have songbooks only. If anyone is interest in see what I have they can come to my show...lol