KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Does anyone know.............. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Does anyone know who owns Legends Series?? I read that they have been discontinued. Just wondering who has them now.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Found a post where JoeChartreuse says that Legends is owned by Sunfly... that post was in 2008! LOL Is Sunfly still producing? Doesn't Tricerasoft sell them?

Always more questions than answers....

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Unless they incorporated all the songs, there is no legends on Tricerasoft or Sunfly's sites.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:17 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Legends was origianlly Sunfly's spawn. Whether they still are or not, I don't know. They don't produce anything new I know, Sunfly is still a major player though!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Well I got a couple CD's last month off Ebay from two different sources. They are both new, stamped with the disc ID's on the bottom, and made in Taiwan. Go figure...Since were bringing up oddball new discs of out of business publishers on the market, what's the story with Dangerous? They have new 10 disc sets (DG01 thru DG10) out there on Ebay...

Jon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Quote:
what's the story with Dangerous? They have new 10 disc sets (DG01 thru DG10) out there on Ebay...

Old manufacturer + new discs on eBay = someone just "repackaging" the old discs and selling them. Happens all the time on auction sites.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:40 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Should be 11 discs in the Dangerous set.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:43 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Should be 11 discs in the Dangerous set.

That's what I have seen. Some of their stuff was actually pretty good, from what I remember.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
I own a lot of Legends discs. Some love them, some don't. I love them. A lot of very rich musical tracks. They produced, IMNSHO, the absolute epitome of "Georgia On My Mind". Nothing else comes close.

Legends and DK were the "go to" brands of their time, before being outmarketed by others.

While you always see me posting about DK, it's because they are the only brand specifically made to help amateur singers. Legends tracks are much richer and fuller sounding.

They are best known for single artist discs, but they covered everything, and very well.

As far as I know, they are OOB under that label. My last disc from them was, I think, LG241, which was Billy Idol & Cheap Trick. I think they made a few more after that, but not a lot.

If you had the entire legends series, I think that you could run a quality show with just that, plus whatever new songs required by your singers that came out after.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I think the difference between DK and LEG is that DK is for beginners.. it's flute track in the background helps the singer even if they don't notice it. Legends, on the other hand doesn't give the singer that 'cheat'... good tracks but some have trouble with them because they don't guide the singer... the singer should know the song pretty well first. My experience only :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:46 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 21 times
Legends is Still owned by Sunfly. They Don't Produce Legends anymore but you can buy Sunfly Directly from them at this Website: http://www.sunflykaraoke.com/

They sell as downloads or on custom CD+G/DVD+G discs.

They also sell a hard drive with all their music on it But ,you have to contact them directly about that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Cool. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Legends were very sporadic in their quality which goes back to Sunfly bad quality days since they were the same tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 118 times
Legends are just okay. Some better than others, but nothing to write home about. Lisah- there is no comparison to the professional music tracks that DK put out. The guide line isn't even audible in a bar setting. Only at home in a quiet room. Legends doesn't come close to the quality.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

birdofsong wrote:
Legends are just okay. Some better than others, but nothing to write home about. Lisah- there is no comparison to the professional music tracks that DK put out. The guide line isn't even audible in a bar setting. Only at home in a quiet room. Legends doesn't come close to the quality.

The Unfortunate part is that DK is quite hard to find, and quite expensive, because of it. ALTHOUGH, Amazon sells two DK SCGs that make for about 1800 songs. Volume 1 is $68 and Volume 2 is $78.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:35 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
I own a lot of Legends discs. Some love them, some don't. I love them. A lot of very rich musical tracks.

???????? Man i'd love to hear what you hear just once. :twisted: :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:37 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
birdofsong wrote:

The Unfortunate part is that DK is quite hard to find, and quite expensive, because of it. ALTHOUGH, Amazon sells two DK SCGs that make for about 1800 songs. Volume 1 is $68 and Volume 2 is $78.

I'd beware those SCDG discs. Especially for that price, they are bootlegs. The DK Millenium set went for $999 - every song that was still licensable (approx 1800) from them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
birdofsong wrote:

I'd beware those SCDG discs. Especially for that price, they are bootlegs. The DK Millenium set went for $999 - every song that was still licensable (approx 1800) from them.

DK is out of business, so who would bother me about it??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
birdofsong wrote:

Whoever might have bought up the trademark. Just letting you know of possible legalities that may arise with any SCDG set. Plus the fact they are ripped at a really low bit rate so not very good quality sound if for any other reason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
birdofsong wrote:

Whoever might have bought up the trademark. Just letting you know of possible legalities that may arise with any SCDG set. Plus the fact they are ripped at a really low bit rate so not very good quality sound if for any other reason.

Well, I don't want crappy sound quality.