KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - ChartBuster no longer offering Essentials on CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:05 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
well guys I was going to post the link to the announcement but today I cant seem to find it on the site...however you can now see the only option is the SD cards....guess if you need a Essential pack on CDG this would be the time to buy via Ebay or a retailer while they are available as remaining stock. Saw some on ebay under $170 each + shipping verses 399.00 for SD card versions.
Good Luck

Lee McGuffey

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Are you "spamvertising" for CB now?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
considering we still have disc based hosts, this is something they might want to know, and me for that matter. 256mp3 is way too low quality for my tastes. just good information if somebody wants them on disc instead, not spamvertising. is it really necessary to argue everything?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
considering we still have disc based hosts, this is something they might want to know, and me for that matter. 256mp3 is way too low quality for my tastes. just good information if somebody wants them on disc instead, not spamvertising. is it really necessary to argue everything?

So they are MP3, and not .WAV? Dam. So much for the "next big thing". I'll keep waiting....

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
..And why is this thread in the legal Forum and not the normal main forum? Please try to fit the subject in the correct thread.

>>>thread moved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
oops sorry just remembered I wanted to post this when reading in this sub section...thanks for moving the thread

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
Got the email about this from CB myself. Personally I think they may have just shot themselves in the foot with this one. By doing this they have pretty much told the casual buyers (and even a lot of KJ's), who use discs not computers, that they don't want their business.

Even though I switched over to computer 2 years ago, I have no interest in the SD cards. If something were to happen to my laptop the SD cards would be worthless. While it would be a major pain in the.... I want to be able to go back to discs if I had to and not lose a large chunk of my library in the process.

What's really funny is that with the lawsuits and all the whining and crying the manu's are doing about KJ's usings computers, NOW if you want to use their music, you will HAVE to use one! Where's the logic in that? Sorry, I'll pass.

Just my :2cents:
Karen

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1051 times
I wouldn't mind the SD cards if they followed the standard file format:
Disc ID-Track # - Artist - Song

So instead of getting:
CB12345-01 - Brooks, Garth - Dance, The

We get:
The Dance - Garth Brooks

Unless they changed it the SD card consists of one folder containing both the mp3 and cdg files for 450 songs.

Each song (both mp3 & cdg file)should be in an individul folder with the song name on it and the files should follow the standard naming format. Because they don't, software programs like CompuHost and FastTracks 2 won't be able to identify and catalog these files.

Now I know you can rename the files but when you have 450 of them, it's a PITA. Invicion, who has partnered with Chartbuster offers this explaination:

"The SD Cards and the file-naming format used was initially developed to be compatible with another "Stand-Alone Player", typical to the older CD+G Players (JVC etc.). The naming format was selected and put into production prior to the start of our relationship".

At this time, the SD cards are NOT KJ friendly. They are made for the average "At-Home" user and are of no use to the professional KJ. I hope Chartbuster rectifies this situation if they haven't already so.

Otherwise, Chartbuster is an awesome company with quality products and great customer service.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
Alan B wrote:
Each song (both mp3 & cdg file)should be in an individul folder with the song name on it and the files should follow the standard naming format. Because they don't, software programs like CompuHost and FastTracks 2 won't be able to identify and catalog these files.

My last Essentials sets were on SD and I was able to add them to FastTracks (from the manu-list) and I play them in Compuhost just fine. Not sure what the issue is.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Anyone here use Music Book Deluxe's KFR (Karaoke File Renamer) application?

I used it to manually enter the 136 Easy Karaoke Classics discs that I acquired from Glasgow. Saved literally millions of keystrokes and hours of time. The result was 2K+ tracks zipped up and ready to go. BTW.. that particular CD+G set is the only set that I haven't located in MBD. They will be getting a file from me to add to their monthly auto-update.

As long as you enter the Manufacturer's DISC ID correctly (or it is already numbered correctly as in the case of CB and SC and every other mfr I can think of, you can rename thousands of files at a time to whatever format you want. Saves a lot of time and along with the files already in digital format, the whole process of importing them into your library has already been shortened.

This has the added benefit of not relying on your spelling accuracy, but using a database so that every artist-title is the same for the same song. This makes it very easy to cull duplicate files for creating song lists and even helps CompuHost to accurately tally your total count of unique titles.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
KarenB wrote:
..What's really funny is that with the lawsuits and all the whining and crying the manu's are doing about KJ's usings computers, NOW if you want to use their music, you will HAVE to use one! Where's the logic in that? Sorry, I'll pass.

Just my :2cents:
Karen

Isn't CB's stance that if you want to use their music in a format other than CDG you have to pay their annual $199? That might be their reason for no longer producing the CDG's and trying to force the certification.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:54 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
LOL....I love the business strategy:

1. You have to buy our music in digital format.
2. Once you have our music in digital format, we are going to sue you.
3. Pay $199.00 to avoid the lawsuit.

Good work, Chartbuster! :withstupid:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 40 times
IF you have a cavs, OR run off computer, you can buy the essentials series super CDG for $99 each right now. Get them while they last!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:13 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
simpmech wrote:
IF you have a cavs, OR run off computer, you can buy the essentials series super CDG for $99 each right now. Get them while they last!

Oh c'mon do we HAVE to move this back into the legal section?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

lol. guess I am confused by your comment lon. These are legal, unopened, chartbuster super cd+g's. Being sold by DB karaoke. If i am over stepping my bounds OR missing a legal issue fill me in please :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:13 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
simpmech wrote:
lol. guess I am confused by your comment lon. These are legal, unopened, chartbuster super cd+g's. Being sold by DB karaoke. If i am over stepping my bounds OR missing a legal issue fill me in please :)

Chartbuster has stated they have not released anything SCDG for years.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:42 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

ok, well I guess then there is the debate on when these were released and if its an original. Didn't mean to bring a hassle to the post. Was only putting out there what I thought was a "get them while they last" sale. My bad :oops:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alan B wrote:
I wouldn't mind the SD cards if they followed the standard file format:
Disc ID-Track # - Artist - Song

So instead of getting:
CB12345-01 - Brooks, Garth - Dance, The

We get:
The Dance - Garth Brooks

Unless they changed it the SD card consists of one folder containing both the mp3 and cdg files for 450 songs.

Now I know you can rename the files but when you have 450 of them, it's a PITA. Invicion, who has partnered with Chartbuster offers this explaination:

"The SD Cards and the file-naming format used was initially developed to be compatible with another "Stand-Alone Player", typical to the older CD+G Players (JVC etc.). The naming format was selected and put into production prior to the start of our relationship".

At this time, the SD cards are NOT KJ friendly. They are made for the average "At-Home" user and are of no use to the professional KJ. I hope Chartbuster rectifies this situation if they haven't already so.

Otherwise, Chartbuster is an awesome company with quality products and great customer service.

Alan,

I purchased a pile of the SD card Chartbuster songs, I had no problem renaming the files. Forget what program I used right now but it named the songs in sequence E01-001 - Artist - Title to E01-450 - Artist - Title and so on with no problem.

But aside from that I know that two of the computer programs that are out will take them as artist and title or tile and artist, so there really shouldn't even be an issue with a simple drag and drop to your data base without renaming them.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TopherM wrote:
LOL....I love the business strategy:

1. You have to buy our music in digital format.
2. Once you have our music in digital format, we are going to sue you.
3. Pay $199.00 to avoid the lawsuit.

Good work, Chartbuster! :withstupid:

It is really quite simple, the SD cards are sold to KJs they know who the KJ are that bought them. and with them you don't need to do an audit.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:46 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 38 times
Are CB still offering custom CDGs, or have they dispensed with CDs altogether? I hope not, I was just about to place an order with them for custom cd.