KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My New Home Set-up... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My New Home Set-up...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:23 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey all,

I am a karaoke hobbyist, and have always had some sort of a machine in the house -- well now i actually put a "set-up" together. Here's how it is....

Vocal P/A: I use a songmachine unit that has a powerfully driven PA for vocals, since this acts soley as my mic-input, i can take advantage of the echo, volume, bass controls etc just for the voice.

Player: I am utilizing a dvd player that plays CD+G for my video and music audio. This is nice because there's a remote and it will also play my karaoke DVD's which some players don't -- no switching players. Also, the output quality of the dvd player is nice, so there is no loss of audio and the volume level is nice.

Music P/A: I am using my home theater for this. Since the only thing coming from the Home theater speakers is the music, there is no need to worry about any distortion from vocals. The subwoofer is a nice touch as well. Also, my receiver has the option to send equal power to each speaker so it's like a club setting -- same audio driven from all 5 speakers (and the sub). This is better than stereo mode (most clubs don't have stereo setups anyway).

I think this is preety nice, it's more power than I'll ever need for the house -- and since the music and vocals are seperate, there is better overall output....

Ok, i am excited -- just thought i would share...

M

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:08 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

What is a songmachine? Is it similar to the singingmachine/memorex all-in-one units?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:27 pm 

Hey,

Oh yea -- it's singing machine --- sorry. Yea, it's one of the all-in-one units, but it has its own, seperate bult in PA speaker system -- since i just use it for vocals, it's perfect. n I also get all of the adjusment options for the vocals as well. I can crank it all the way and scream -- and there is not an ounce of distortion -- yet it is plenty loud to be heard over even the loudest song :)

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:20 am 

Hey all,

I was actually thinking about adding a wireless mic or 2 to this setup -- then it would be just perfect for me. Any comments?

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:51 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
the AS890 dual wireless is a terrific setup, very simple, and easy to use...

Look at karaoke.com, and go to their microphone's link on the left hand side... about halfway down.

hydra.karaoke.com/itemdetail.lasso?id.item=AS890