KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Super CDG's vs. conventional CDG's... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:54 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
What do y'all think about these? Do any of you have much experience with the SCDG's? Apart from the need to buy a new player, it would seems for the money that they would be MUCH more cost efficient than complete conventional CDG sets. But how does the sound quality compare to conventional CDG's? I'm considering the CAV 202GII player with CB Essentials SCDG's to go along with the JVC triple tray and conventional CDG's that I already have now.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Check out the "Ask Sammy" discussion forum here... there's been several conversations about this topic already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:06 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I did a search for super CDG's but only found three threads on the topic, none of which were what I was looking for. I will try again though using "scdg" instead and see what that pulls up. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:11 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
You can get several songs on 1 disc which is a plus & a minus at the same time. If something happened & a disc got broke, would you rather lose a disc of 10-15 songs until replaced or a disc of 1,200 songs?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:19 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

If I did go that route, I'd more than likely buy two so as to have a back up just for that reason. What I'm more concerned about is the sound quality between the two as well as swipe accuracy. How do you see them as comparing to each other in those two respects, Lonman? Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:28 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I can't help you in that respect. I know Nu-Tech & Chartbuster is a Super CDG source, but Nu-Tech in the past doesn't have a real good track record with being real "quality", lot of midi synth stuff. Now someone has said they have improved quite a bit over the last couple years but I haven't heard it yet. Chartbuster although is really pretty good in the country aspect, their pop/rock stuff leaves quite a bit to be desired.
You have to consider that these are all compressed mp3+g or wma (not sure which) files so to speak so they are compressed to a degree. Now in a loud bar over a good sound system, you may not be able to tell to much. Have you ever listened to an mp3 & heard little frequency variances in the higher frequenies also the more compressed the songs, the clarity gets lost as well.
If it were me, i'd probably look into investing into a computer type program & computer & load everything I had into that with a backup hard drive. You'd get the same type of sound quality & quicker cue/load times (instant or next to instant).

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile