KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Watch for those scam artists!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:38 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I have come across two instances now where I have been approached to do a karaoke contest to raise money for a worthy cause, ie: 1000 steps for humanity (a bogus organization I might add) and the women's shelter by a hotel that had not even been in contact with the organization about the promotion. KJ's BEWARE of illegitimate promotions that can bring your reputation into the toilet by being associated with this. Your credibility is gone and no one will attend any future contest you may help run. I just gave up an every Friday booking because the company lied about their affiliation with the organization they wanted me to run the contest for. Anyone else run into this situation and if so...how did you deal?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Superstar.. I agree Also watch out for the Recording industry types that do the same.. if ya were really talented, and smart ya'd do it on your own too first and submit it yourself. I learned that one the hard way. Good advice is still free, Getting into the recording industry is not. :wink:

Karaoke Contests need to be honest watch where ya sing.. the best ones are still run by service organizations that donate to charities. I saw one that is in it's 3rd year in minnesota that draws 300 singers and raises an astounding amounts of money for make-a-wish.. and I know that may seem hard to believe But Pepper and Deb work extremely hard to do a fine job at keeping that show legitimate.. My hat is off to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:39 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I do many shows for the local womens shelter and at risk youth groups and they have always been great success's . Why? Because they DID NOT include a contest. There is plenty of charitable funds to be made without having to make a contest out of it.