KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Update To SINGER'S SHOWCASE Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:32 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
It has been brought to my attention - thank you everyone who sent the numerous emails - that there are some items that need addressing.

Of course as always, please read the Singer's Showcase FAQ section - this will answer many of your questions.

Here are some of the items:

Image - You may post your image in your Singer's Showcase profile only if you are a Premium Member. This will be shown in your profile along with all songs submitted. This option will be displayed when you modify your profile.

However, there are several locations throughout the Karaoke Scene site(s) where you may upload an image.
In the Karaoke Forum:
    Your avatar (small image) can be uploaded which will appear with all of you posts. Click 'Profile' in the forums.
    Or in the actual post you can upload an image. When submitting a post entry this option will be available.
    Plus, all your comments in the Singer's Showcase will display the avatar
In the Photo Gallery:
    You can submit an image into the Out on the Town Category
    Or you can upload and image in you person Gallery.

Bio - You may post a brief bio in your Singer's Showcase profile only if you are a Premium Member.

Edit - ability to modify your submissions. (Song Title, Artist, & Comments) I think this is an excellent idea and I will check into adding this feature.

Rank - We would like you to rank the performance.
The comment section is to either:

a) explain why you provided that score
    b) give the submitter critiques of their performance
    c) let them know that you enjoyed it
Preferrably you would do a little of each, but at least one of the first two. The comment section is not to start a conversation/discussion, that is why we have the forums.

I am currently working on an edit feature so that you may modify the rank you had given.

If you don't want to have a submission ranked, simply check 'No' on the submission page which says "Rank Submission?". The option of ranking and comments will be removed for all members.

Comments - If you would like to comment on someone's submission you must first be logged into Singer's Showcase. Then you rank & comment on their song.
You may also reply to someone's comment made about your song, if you are logged in. Note: you can only reply to each comment once.
Further, you may not comment on your own submission, however you can place your comments when you submit your song.
The Singer's Showcase is not a forum - it is a place for people to submit songs for others to listen and comment/rank if they wish.

Submissions - we have increased the number of submissions a Standard member may have to 5. Although the submissions per day remain at 1. Premium Members can upload up to 3 songs per day and have a total of 25 songs displayed.

Song Deletion - Members may delete their songs. However, all submissions are required to be posted at least 7 days prior to them being deleted by the member. After 7 days a delete button will appear, not until then.
If you need to have a song deleted prior to the seven days, please contact the moderators and explain why your song needs to be deleted. Remember we need to know your username, song title and the reason.

Forum Posting - In order to post, and in some cases read, topics that are in other forums you may need to be a member of the usergroup that has privledges to those forums.

Cookies - I am checking into the ability of people to remain logged in. I need to set up a 'cookie' that stores your user information, when I figure this out I will implement it.

If anyone has further suggestions for improvement, please let us know. We want to make Singer's Showcase a fun place for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you,

Phill

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile