KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How much to charge? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How much to charge?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:44 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm totally new. One of my doubts is how much to charge per hour.

The restaurant can hold about 40 people. The show is on Fridays and/or Saturdays, when most people go.

First, I want to sing one hour. Then, 3 hours Karaoke. Latin Karaoke, next place to do that is 30 miles away.

How much would you charge per hour: 25, 50, 74, 100, more?

Thanks.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:50 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
There is no set price. Different area command different prices. You need to find out what the average price your competitors are charging & go from there.

Also if you WANT a successful karaoke show, drop the part where YOU sing for an hour & start karaoke at that time where you would want to sing. It's NOT about you & i'd guess 95% of the people that go in for karaoke would be gone before your karaoke segment started. They go to sing, not listen to the host try to showcase themself!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I would tend to agree IF you're marketing a 4 hour katraoke show then I would host Karaoke for the full 4 hours ( as the HOST you can always sing in rotation ...for the most part unless the rotations get to big) SEE OTHER discussions on this site about that ...

I would think if you are offering a SPECIALTY ...LATIN Karaoke and the venue has a big latin crowd you MIGHT be able to get a few extra dollars but like Lonnie said ..check out the competetive KJs in the area

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have a very successful formula of estimating what a bar is capable of bringing in a night for entertainment.. and alcohol sales. have worked for many since 1990. and do know the approximate expenses of clubs.

Now if any karaoke show in any market is making less than $35.00/hr is usually not making expenses by most figures or just doing it as a hobby, or a second job. UNLESS, they have 5 nights a week with multiple systems going several nights a week.

Now for me I can usually bid the shows at approximately 8-10% of the club's alcohol sales, (and get away with it.) or my flat fee of $100.00/hour.
all on contract of course and will require proof of all advertizing and budgets and will only go into reputable licensed clubs. I don't really cut corners at all.. as Ron Knows .. and some doubt here, I actually have my stuff wired before I go into the clubs before I do the clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:22 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I would suggest finding out what the competition is paying/charging. For a venue new to and unsure about karaoke, giving a short term introductory rate (lower) might be worth considering. The bar rates around here that I'm familar with run $150-$225 per night, with most, I'd say on the lower end. Some variances with venue size, night of the week, multiple nights....

Agree on the singing comments. If it's a regular karaoke night, let the customers have the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My 2 weekly gigs are spanish/english karaoke in a spanish club. I get 50.00 per hour, If the place is packed it rises to 60.00 per. But I have wireless mics, Topnotch sound, Over 12000 English songs and almost 700 spanish songs.

If your system/music Is entry level, Start at 40.00 per and tell the owner that if you pack his place you expect 50.00 and at his option a 4th hour at the 50.00 rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:52 pm 

Thanks guys for your good advices. :lol:

About me singing the first hour, please let me explain some more.

I agree with you that I do not want to inconvenience the audience. You're absolutely right, they are first, I'm second.

My idea is to let the people know that the Karaoke session starts at for example, 8 PM, and it will last for 3 hours.

What I will do is come a little earlier, sing for an hour, starting at 7 PM.

Why?

The place is a latin restaurant. The one-hour-me-singing-session is to have someone "live" singing mild latin music, that is appropriate for dinner time, instead of hearing to a CD or radio for a change.

That's all.

The Karaoke session will start an hour later, at 8 PM, and last for 3 hours.

BUT, if during my singing session, someone wants to sing a song, I will let them, go ahead, no problem. And the Karaoke session could start from right then. :)

Gracias de nuevo for your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

It's ago to sing for 4 hours if you PRESENT IT THAT way :wink: , If you advertising OPEN KAROKE at 8:00PM and you want to entertiain from 7until then.....Shouldn't be a problem if its ok with the management and advertised that way!