KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - newbie:just bought the jvc 3tray..now what? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:39 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
i just bought the jvc 3 tray. bought the ml505. what's a good mic to get with it? I'm just starting out, but I was thinking of giving the jvc 3 tray to my gf because she likes to sing... i was thinking of getting a rjtech 3700 ($80) what do you think of that brand compared to the jvc?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:44 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

A very good performing mic is the ATR-30 from Audio Technica. I have two of those and they are durable and sound very good for a mic that costs between $30. and $50. If you want to spend a bit more look at the Shure SM58 or the Sennheiser 835 mics (I prefer the sound and aesthetics of the Sennheiser). There are a lot of mics that will suit your needs just fine. When buying a modestly priced mic, I like to stay with the established major brands.

I am pretty sure that the RJ Tech unit will not give you the same performance as the JVC player. Chances are you will not be able to use this unit for karaoke without a mixer. Ideally, you should always use a mixer, but the JVC's built in mixer is adequate, although limited, for home use. Unless you really need a DVD player, stay with the good old JVC CD+G players over the units that claim to support all media. If cost is a big concern consider getting the RSQ single cdg player.

I am not a pro but a home enthusiast. I have learned that quality does not have to cost a fortune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:46 am 

thanks stevieb, i also didn't want to spend a fortune :wink: Yeah, i know the RJ is like half the price of the jvc, but it has a plus for accepting dvd's. I'll probably just stick with the jvc for awhile, and pick up one of those mics you suggested. u know where i can find a good price for vcd online?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:41 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I have a couple of the jvc and they are tight. I just picked up a rj cause it was resonable and played everything except laser. They also threw in 2 wireless mics. You have got to see these mics though. CHEZZZZY! Little battery packed transmitters that plug in directly to the board. I'll let the problem drinkers handle these babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:15 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
The Shure PG-58 is a decent lower-costing mic - about $50 with a cord (XLR or 1/4").