KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Rebels Sync Brand CDG???? Any good? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Is the Rebels Sync brand any good????

Specifically I ma looking at this disc....
http://www.expresskaraoke.net/product_i ... s_id=48132

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
it sucks... or rather, you can get all those songs on SC now I think and they're far superior than this cruddy disc.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I picked that disc up just for "Blow Me". I have a regular who brings the house down when he sings it.

Mojo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
knightshow @ December 29th 2008, 10:27 pm wrote:
it sucks... or rather, you can get all those songs on SC now I think and they're far superior than this cruddy disc.

They don't stink at all. IMHO.... Matt would rather you go out and order a custom disc from Sound Choice and spend over $60 to get the dozen or so Sound Choice tracks that are available on this disc and then you still would be without a handful of songs, some of which might be the ones that you actually desire to have. The Amerisings disc #2001 has most of the songs on this REBEL Sync disc. It might even be made by the same people but I'm not sure. You'd also have to buy about eight Spotlight discs to get the available Sound Choice tracks. That would cost over $100.00 Buy the Rebels Sync disc for $11.00 and I think you will be better served.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Gonna scare you here, but I'm in complete agreement with Bruce. IMHOP, SC is the most over-rated brand on the market. Though they finally learned their lesson and brought their price per disc down, they continue to have a low usage percentage. In other words, only a few songs per disc are popular- the rest are almost never used. As for quality, Zoom, Radio Starz, and even Monster Hits are their equal, with many more useable songs per disc.

I am not familiar with the Rebel brand, but I would buy their disc first. If your singers are happy with it, then no need to upgrade....

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Maybe I AM biased as I had most of the songs before that disc came out.

Yes, paying $6.99 or so for the songs vs a couple other discs or a $60 custom IS economically viable.

The question was asked... I think the disc blows chunks compared to the other versions.

A friend of mine bought it just for the Crazybiyatch song... he said my devocalized version was better by far, and then SC just released it...

Oh well, opinions vary!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:47 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I JUST DON'T SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS ABOUT THE SONG: CRAZY BIT*H. I've heard it done very well a couple of times but it is always sung in a mixed crowd and it's obvious that some of the older singers in the crowd are uncomfortable with the lyrics being sung in a restaurant environment. I go out to sing songs that people might enjoy listening to. I get no enjoyment out of hearing someone sing a song JUST so they can continually drop the F-Bomb in a public situation. I find it to be rude and inconsiderate to do that in mixed company.

Just my opinion, and believe me I'm no prude. There is a time and a place for certain songs but some people don't seem to know where the line is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

OK, now I"M scared. Once again, I agree with Bruce. I was advising on T's decision to buy the compilation over track per track. Personally, I wouldn't look for those songs at all. Some might like them, but I have no NEED of them, for the reasons that Bruce mentioned. I truly don't think they add to the show or the experience....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

dunno about all y'all (that's a joke), but the places I hang out at, most of those songs are on the jukebox...

Heck, I've sang most of them! Don't know the "Shaving Cream" song, but other than that, I think the originals are GREAT!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

knightshow @ Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:36 pm wrote:
dunno about all y'all (that's a joke), but the places I hang out at, most of those songs are on the jukebox...

Heck, I've sang most of them! Don't know the "Shaving Cream" song, but other than that, I think the originals are GREAT!

Many of these songs wouldn't be appropriate at my venues. The "Shaving Cream" song is one of the oldest of this type out there- from the 1920s, I believe. THIS song would be acceptable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:45 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

There is a time and place for almost any song. Singing "AT A MEDIUM PACE" by Adam Sandler doesn't belong in a Jukebox at your local karaoke place where older women and young kids may be in the room. If you're doing a karaoke gig at a biker bar, I don't think anyone is going to be offended by any song. They would probably prefer the raunchiest songs out there, including Crazy Bit*h. I don't choose songs to purposely offend anyone in the bar or restaurant where I might be singing at. I have sung "SHOW THEM TO ME" by Rodney Carrington at different restaurants and it always gets a laugh....quite a few laughs actually but I was hesitant to sing it because of the crowd but the KJ's and bar owners seemed to love it and are always asking me when I will sing it again. I don't think I would have gotten the same reaction had I sung Crazy Bit*h at that particular venue. To each his or her own but I would rather not sing Crazy Bit*h in public unless it was in a bar that had a rougher crowd. Personally, I question the motives of someone that chooses that song in a mixed crowd. There is no humor in singing Crazy Bit*h, just vulgarity. If that's the only song in the song book that floats your boat, you probably don't sing well to begin with and just want to shock the crowd.

One KJ told me that if I wanted to sing "SHOW THEM TO ME", I had to wait until after midnight. Like I said, there is a time and place for everything.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
IVe got the disk and it sounds and plays just fine. it was the first disk out with the song in question. SC may have it now, i dunno. I was concerned about the quality, but was not finding other options. I did have most of the songs on the disk, but that one gets requested a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
:wave: From what i see Rebel Sync only made 2 discs (How strange is that?) , but i have the disc with the Johnny Rivers oldie Summer Rain that nobody else makes, which is one of my favorite oldies, and it sounds exactly like the real song, in fact it sounds so close to the original song that i thought it was the original song with the vocals deleted!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

...but Matt is a Super Extreme Poster so he must know it all better than anyone else.....NOT!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

no, I just gave my opinion.

Nothing more, nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

knightshow @ Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 am wrote:

Me too. Thought that was what we were all doing.....?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:37 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

knightshow @ December 31st 2008, 7:43 am wrote:

and this is exactly where all of that fluffing you do ruins any credibilty you may have had when it comes to judging what is good or bad music. When you tell horrible singers that they sing beautifully, your opinions become worthless. No one knows when you are telling the truth.......sort of like Mark Furman in the O.J. murder trial. They caught him in one lie and all of the rest of his testimony was then tainted because he was considered a liar, first and foremost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

BruceFan4Life @ Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:37 pm wrote:
knightshow @ December 31st 2008, 7:43 am wrote:

and this is exactly where all of that fluffing you do ruins any credibilty you may have had when it comes to judging what is good or bad music. When you tell horrible singers that they sing beautifully, your opinions become worthless. No one knows when you are telling the truth.......sort of like Mark Furman in the O.J. murder trial. They caught him in one lie and all of the rest of his testimony was then tainted because he was considered a liar, first and foremost.

Bruce, a point of interest: I have known Knightshow for some time from other forums. In my extremely humble opinion, his posts are always civil, and usually of value. He's an all around nice guy as well. We have disagreed and debated in the past, but never any personalized negative posting.

I'm not sure what keeps you in an argumentative mood, and willing to post personalized insults- with just about everyone- but I hope that this new year is a much happier one for you. I mean that! Put a smile on your face, relax, and enjoy! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:47 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

You can see it any way you want to, Joe. I like to pull back the curtain on people like Knightshow. They're all smoke and mirrors on the outside but when you get a look behind the curtain, you see it's just a phony wizard pulling the strings and making the thunder. Matt was running his own Pirate MIRC channel a while back while standing on his SOAPBOX claiming to be against people sharing karaoke files. I have no problem with someone getting some files for free but they should be honest about it. Matt has one face that he shows on Karaoke Forums and another face when he's playing his little pirate games. His ex-friend Tig could really enlighten you but he got banned for speaking his mind.

Where is it written that I have to like EVERYONE? He came into this thread and gave an opinion on a particular disc. I don't think his opinions are valid when it comes to what good music is based on his obvious lies in the Singers Showcase.

It's like someone who claims to have over 20 shows each month and then when you ask him where they are, they won't give you an answer. REMIND YOU OF ANYONE???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

BruceFan4Life @ Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:47 pm wrote:
You can see it any way you want to, Joe. I like to pull back the curtain on people like Knightshow. They're all smoke and mirrors on the outside but when you get a look behind the curtain, you see it's just a phony wizard pulling the strings and making the thunder. Matt was running his own Pirate MIRC channel a while back while standing on his SOAPBOX claiming to be against people sharing karaoke files. I have no problem with someone getting some files for free but they should be honest about it. Matt has one face that he shows on Karaoke Forums and another face when he's playing his little pirate games. His ex-friend Tig could really enlighten you but he got banned for speaking his mind.

Where is it written that I have to like EVERYONE? He came into this thread and gave an opinion on a particular disc. I don't think his opinions are valid when it comes to what good music is based on his obvious lies in the Singers Showcase.

It's like someone who claims to have over 20 shows each month and then when you ask him where they are, they won't give you an answer. REMIND YOU OF ANYONE???

Bruce, no one says you should like or dislike anyone. It just seems so me that you might be forgetting that this is merely an internet forum. You will probably never meet 99% of the people here. They won't be coming to your home or dating a relative. They will have zero effect on your life. There is absolutely NOTHING here to get personally upset about.

As for the alleged piracy issue: Your post is the first and only mention of it that I have heard about. It may be entirely true, but since you have a tendency toward negative personalizations anyway, I can't justify taking your word alone...

If the "REMIND YOU OF ANYONE" was supposed to be an insult directed toward me due to recent transitions, keep in mind that at least one from the forum - Cueball- attended at least one of my venues. My name can also be found all over the net. I have know idea if you are a host, or even a singer. No way of knowing. The ONLY way to KNOW anything about anyone is personal experience. ARE you a host and/or a singer? I will accept your word for the answer.

Anyone can make a website. You said that when you looked for me, you DID find my phone number. USE IT. Instead of getting all serious about an online post from a stranger, feel free to call. I am best reached between 12 and 4 PM Eastern Time. Then, if you wish to vent, at least you know you've got my attention. This way, if you have a valid gripe with me, I could possibly find a way to resolve it.

BTW- My "Happy New Year" wish was sincere. I hold no ill will toward ANYONE here, or on any other internet forum- just varying levels of respect.