KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - HOW TO AVOID DUPLICATES WHEN BUYING CDG'S Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:12 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm in the process of buying CDG's for a beginning karaoke setup. I have the Chartbusters Essential's Pack and a couple of other small packs from Monster Hits and Top Tunes. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any good advice on how to purchase CDG's so that you don't end up with a ton of duplicates from one set to the next. I know that you can have "personal CDG's" made, but it is very expensive to do so. Does anyone have a certain method to the madness of buying CDG's???????

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:58 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
#1 way to keep duplicates to a minimum - Stay brand specific - ie 1 brand of disc. You will still get dups, but they will be less than buying mixed brands.
Otherwise, look at what you got vs. the discs you are buying. Do you already have the songs?? Is the song that you are getting the disc for outweigh the duplicate ratio? Is it on another useable brand that may have less duplicates? Is it something that "you" want or is it a song your "customers" want? Can "you" live without it if it's for you?
Don't list your duplicates. Funny thing about that. I lost a club to a company that claimed they had over 10,000 songs in their book (I only had 3,000+ in my mobile), anyways, they were counting every song that they had alright which included duplicastes of almost every song. Some up to 10 times!!! Well turns out they didn't even have HALF of the stuff I had in my small book & they lost the club EVERY customer they had. I got a club down the street on the same nights & ALL the customers went to my new show. The club is now trying to get me back. I told them sure @ triple my regular price!!!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile