KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - eat sleep streaming karaoke at a show...what do you think Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:02 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
listen i am thinking about getting into the stream karaoke system. the opp to have that many songs at the click of a mouse at a show is just outstanding...and they say that all songs are avail for download. If this is such a bad idea (or illegal) please instruct me. I have been doing shows for years now and with different companies..Ijust recently got my own comp together and have a great 4 night a week show..but as you all know the cost of disks for a newbie is a hard thing to get around.....dont get me wrong im not one of those "burner" guys i hate those undercutters!!!!!!! but this stream karaoke seems legit?????i have a jvc triple tray a berringer sound board 4 12in yamaha pros and a (new) huge crown amp with voco pro vhf35 cordless mics accented by a vocalizer with 200 different studio effects for vocals....please let me know how you feel on this stream karaoke thing or if any of you have it now.......

KJ Ryan

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

IMO which means nothing. If they are paying Ascap, and Bmi the royalties are paid and they are legal. If the streaming service is legal.
we have streaming jukeboxes here, so I dont see wht it wouldnt be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:27 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Just my opinion, but would you really want to really on an internet connection for an entire show length? We all know how stable that can be!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:45 am 

but we are talking cable modem not dial up ive never had a prob with that before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

As long as they're paying the royalties etc. The only potential problem I can see is ya still need to carry you own stuff with ya just in the event of an internet problem. I think we've all had times when ya couldn't access a site, whether it was due to line problems, host, etc. doesn't make any difference. What will count is that you're able to continue on with your show if someone else is having problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:12 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Do your venues all have cable internet capability? Would you pay to have it installed or have them install it? You are lucky never having a problem with internet outages, I get them all the time either from the cable company or my router needing to be reset. I've even seen the Eat/Sleep site down on occasion, hope this doesn't happen at your show because their servers are down? And if you know cable internet is basically a network, the more people that are on it in an area, the slower it will be. Streaming a song & have it start playing but it's still in the process of buffering & it stops in the middle while it rebuffers to catch up.

Too risky, no thanks!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:48 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I use streamkaraoke as part of my home system. I've only experienced a few burps in the continuous stream (with a cable modem).

From what I've read, and correct me if I'm wrong, the subscription to the service is not to be used for profit.

Another issue with it is they change songs out all the time. Your favorite song may be there one day,gone the next and back 3 weeks from now. Not sure if it has something to do with storage issues, but it's kind of annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:25 pm 

thanks everyone i have not decided to go with that system for those reasons...........it is too easy for something to happen during buffering or if the modem is out so i will continue the disk way about things ....also i was looking into the cavs machine?????? any good or bads about that??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
do a search on this site for CAVS and see what has already been said about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:06 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
I use sax'n dottys hoster, rip all my cd's to an external hdd, and use a search utility to find songs..no more disc numbers to deal with.Ive used the system for a long time now. It works seamlessly all the time. Ive tried about everything out there and this is (in my opinion) by far the most user friendly way to host a show.