KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Equipment Budget Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Equipment Budget
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:00 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi Folks,

I am starting to proceed with buying my equipment next week, most likely. The problem is, I really have no idea where to start. Frankly, I'd like to pick up some of the items used to begin with.

Also, I've seen suggestions of running the sub off of a seperate amp. Now, I'm a newbie when it comes to this, so please forgive me for making ignorant statements or asking questions that might seem obvious to the professionals.

I have read that some amps come with a crossover built in. So, let's say I want 2 15" speakers and an 18" sub. Where I'm going to be doing this, there is only 1 club that holds 300 people, so I can probably size down from my original power I thought I was going to need Most clubs around here are 150ppl or less). One person told me that 400 watts would be plenty, because that's what he runs in his band.

But, would I want 400 watts for the mids and another 400 for the sub? Or, do I just buy a bigger amp with an internal crossover? Heck, I'm not even sure if I'm saying it right, or if what I am talking about is feasible.

I will probably skimp a little on the effects unit for now. Get something for around $200. From what I am seeing, the 15" mids could cost me as much as $400 each, and the sub a little more than that.

I need to figure out how to thrift a little without sacrificing too much sound quality, or I won't have any budget left to get a good starting set of music.

This Mackie VLZ 12 channel mixer I've seen for something like $699 new, so that's something I'm definitely going to have to try to find used, or maybe back down a model to save some cash.

I don't think I want to compromise getting a good mixer, amps, speakers, and mic's. But, those items right there will probably put me up close to $3,000 if I bought them all new.

Trying to look to fit into a $3,000 equipment budget for now, and can add on later. Then we'd have another $4,000 for music as a starting point.

Am I making any sense?

Is a startup system that sounds decent going to be able to be done for that budget?

Thanks in advance for your input.

P.S. - I love this board.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

e-mail me and i'll send you to some links of some used but yet reputable audio brokers.. that sell to the public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:02 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Email Me and i Can give you some links for some good equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One of the places I have been Buying equipment from has reciently moved.. I was stunned they had expanded from a strip mall store front to a free standing building 3 times it's size and my credit card also took a hit for about that much of a purchase, because they actually had way more lines than I ever knew they had access to on the floor.. I guess they DID go shopping at Winter NAMM!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

System 8 is complete now and part of 9 is ordered. and the electronics came in under budget. :shock: :D :D :D

but now I have alot of competition for Karaoke in an area for shows that are losing clubs.

Time to play DJ.. :wink: