KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Does anyone have a good understanding of Cavs JB 99 workings Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:20 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I need to copy the hard drive and install it into a pc and use cavs software to run it. out of a pc how do I do this.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Fas.. that is a copyright infringement unless you have the master CDG copies.. If you don't or even if you do have the master CDG copies and don't have the Manufacturer's "Expressed Written permission"

The post you just posted and topic is not allowed to be discussed here on this site.

UNLESS they are Priddis tracks... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:24 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You can copy the files onto a backup hard drive no problem, but the reading of the files is proprietary. so no, you would not be able to run CAVS library off a PC if that's what ur asking. If you just want to copy as backup what you have, use the paralell cable fom the unit straight to your computer.

Post subject: Fansman - CAVS backup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:00 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I recently got a CAVS JB-99, and although I have not yet backed up the internal drive or files, then is how it can be done.

First do as tbk says, hook up your PC to the CAVS via the parallel cable. Now using the CAVS JB Manager, you back up the files you want. Now use the decoder and convert the files back to .BIN format. They (.bin file) can be played straight from the computer using numerous programs Winamp (freeware) or with a CD+G plugin (also found on the web). You can also write these .BIN files to a CD, to play on any CD+G player using a program such as MicroStudio (you'll need to have a CD+G writer).

In addition, if you did not want to leave your files in .bin format, there are programs that will do the conversion to MP3. Not sure if WinAmp does that, but there is a program called MP3+G Toolz that will do it. I didn't do an extensive wb search, but there is more.

Send me an e-mail and I can point you to a link on conversion and where to get the Toolz program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It all sounds like copyright infringement to me.. let me call my lawyer first... :? :P :twisted:

Maybe I also need to check with ASCAP also before I also lose my gigs too?? too many KJ's have lost thier gigs to bands lately.. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
For home use only, and for data security, there is NOTHING wrong with hooking the unit up and backing up the tracks.

BUT for those very reasons, CAVS warrenties the unit, and if something were to happen, they'd replace them.

kinda a moot point.

Post subject: Matt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:09 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

knightshow wrote:
For home use only, and for data security, there is NOTHING wrong with hooking the unit up and backing up the tracks.

EXACTLY! I feel I have every right to back up the files to protect my investment. Although CAVS does warranty for 1 year, they do not back it longer than that. And its only for the hardware and basic core of music that they sold with the unit. Any legal music you downloaded from their site or other sites would be lost and they would not replace that. In additon, if something happened to my drive and files during that first year, it is not pratical for me to wait for CAVS to replace the drive and rebuild the library if my business depends on it. My planned solution, is to have an identical drive configured exactly the same that I can swap out, till my original drive comes back to me.

Bottom line, it's makes much sense to perform backups of all your purchased media, whether it came on the CAVS or on a CD+G. I don't care what Sound Choice says about backing up their media. The Sound Choice disks I own will be backed up to CDR or CDRW, the same goes for my other purchased CD+G's, and the master will be put away for archival purposes. Until SC can have a replacement warranty such as Chartbuster, that's what they'll get from me. If they want to make a big deal of it, I'll find another vendor to buy my songs from. There are other arrangements that can be found that are just as good.