KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - NEWS OF LESS FREQUENT RELEASES FROM MEDIA MANUFACTURERS... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
hey Folks.. I just noticed while out doing the shopping for the remainder of the latest and final completion to my set of media for system #8 I noticed a sharp quality jump for the better.. in "Top Hits Monthly" THM is improving from the "hit and miss" catagory most of the songs are getting much better. but is releasing into March already and has 5 releases a month. there is a push about to happen to get THM to release a "Core Set" of thier CDG's by several KJ's in the works and a few Retailers..

Other things...
Soundchoice only releases 1 time a month NOW with 4 CDG's, instead of several times like before.. I have a feeling that something is going to happen real soon in the Karaoke with the major manufacturers of Karaoke Media..

With the disappearance of SGB (Sweet Georgia Brown) from several Major Distributers without a peep it has many KJ's & Retailers wondering what to do next and scrambling to pick up back-up copies. I personally called 2 retailers looking for them and they said they were trying to find them and couldn't buy them because the mail-orders were only selling to non-retail customers only and to look on e-bay. It shows ya where the market's going there. :evil:

so that's the latest..

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:56 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Very Interesting :o Now that you've cut us in on that, least ya coulda done was let us know where they're going with it all :? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ron,
I wish I knew.. I had several great Informative discussions with Several Retailers yesterday.. (online & storefront) and got some great insight.. they are just as clueless... it all falls back on the manufacturers AGAIN!!!
(no shock there)

I guess when you spend some $$$ with them they tend to tell ya things that you shouldn't know.. or the manufacturer's don't want ya to know.. atleast yet... I hope they give us a clue soon.. because cdg's are selling like never before and "SuperCDG" is a worthless item still.

But anyway hang on to your shorts there still is alot of great music coming so I have been re-assured. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Sound Choice dropped some hints about their upcoming discs.

Quote:
8860 has some really classic songs SC had missed over the years, including a few from Stevie Wonder and the Temptations. This disc probably won't be out until April.

8861 includes songs from:
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Rick Springfield
The B-52s
Cat Stevens
James Taylor
Jefferson Airplane
New Riders of The Purple Sage
Mott the Hoople

8863 also has lots of classic songs SC had missed over the years. Some the artists include:
Otis Redding
Wilson Pickett
Martha & the Vandellas
Jackson 5
and Janet, too

Later on this year, we'll have more Headbangers, Can't Stop The Hip-Hop (old skool), Party, R&B, Standards, Shut Up and Dance, Movie Madness, and more of the usual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Matt,
My whole is they can Promote thier media all they want.. but it does us KJ's no good until they Release it to us and have it in the retailers.

They still are only releasing media only once a month.. :x
it's like playing the darn songs on the radio before it's in the stores.. you can hear it.. heck yes.. But can you buy it.. HELL NO! :shock: :grumble:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:48 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I hate when a new song comes out and hits number one before its released on cd because everyone wants to sing it and you cant even buy the regular song yet let alone the karaoke version. lol
my 2 cents