KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Looking For Advice... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Looking For Advice...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:55 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey Everyone,

Well lets see if I can explain this......

My wife LOVES Karaoke but can not go to bars any longer. I thought of this plan after seeing some other peoples jobs. I have or I am in the process of building my wife a VERY small (Size) computer which will be placed in the home entertainment center and look like our other stereo equipment. Below are the specs:

1Ghz CPU
512Mb PC2700 DDR Ram
20 GB Hard Drive (Temp.)
S-Video Out - Intergrated
Composite Video Out - Intergrated
5.1 Surround Sound - Intergrated
LAN - Intergrated

Now here is where my problem is....

Now what I want to do is have a dual screen setup where the TV is the Lyrics, while the computer monitor is the control panels of the software. Now i have been trying to research this for a while and to my dismay I have not found anything I like (Software).

What i want out of the software is very close to that of Music Match interface. where we have a library to pick the song and then can add it to a playlist sort of like a queue. So say my wife is currently singing I can tell her brother he is next and so on. This user interface needs to be a SIMPLE as possible since MOST the people who may use it will not be very good on computers. This is by no means being build for going to a club and putting on a performance. It is just for family and friends and MOSTLY the wife. I may also take this to the campground when she goes camping. The idea of queueing or adding to a playlist is a sweet idea I felt would be extremely easy for them to use and manipulate....

Any suggestions?

All Suggestions Welcome...

Thanks Again,

Arch~Angel

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:56 pm 
the only thing I can think of is the Winamp system..

Knightshow has the details on it..

:wink:
the other stuff is like 200.00 + stuff by the time you are done.. and requires a bigger PC..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
and I wouldn't install on anything that small. Plus, you better find a way to bring in other cooling fans if you're going to have a pc in a home entertainment center.

as for the winamp stuff pr using computers in general for karaoke, go to
geocities.com/akaraokelounge and read the page.

you'll need to put a www. in front of the geocities stuff. Apparantly url linking is frowned upon here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:42 am 

Thanks,

I have tried WinAMP and I do not like the layout. The playlist still requirs the user to go to the folder and double click the song and then it adds to the playlist then it is very small and hard to read whats up next. Again I am looking for something where the software creates a library of the songs that makes for picking the song much easier sort of like the MusicMatch library does for normal music....

As for cooling that will not be an issue i have planned the design quite well and for quite some time. I have then intent to use cross flow cooling with fan drawing in out of the case. Thus createing a constant flow across the components. This is very similar to that of a home theater AMP. Thanks for the wanring...

Thanks,

Arch~Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
with winamp, you can save your song list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:13 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Check out Tricerasoft.com They have a couple of Karaoke programs that offer duel monitor support.

Jim