KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - starting pc karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: starting pc karaoke
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:43 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
i've been a freelance KJ for 4 years (13 total) but with having a extensive library would like to consider going PC. need help in knowing what programs to use and how to setup let alone installing 12,000 songs onto a pc ready to play can someone advise?
:?:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:12 pm 
there are "issues" on this.. but I personally prefer PCKJ, and there ia another.. by Mtu called "Hoster" actually it's pretty much KJ's preference.. but I run in my Pro systems a different operation system than XP home. and MUCH larger systems.. for reliability. FYI: do not use rhew "Raid" system with PCKJ. :puke: I will not go there.. but we just completed an upgrade this week on a fully operational system that incorperates PCKJ & PCDJ in the same computer with all the tracks "Fair Use" lisenced from the proper sourses for use in this one computer. Those that didn't lost out.. swtiching between the programs is a breeze and hasn't crashed once.. in the 6 shows so it was used. BTW you can run both the audios & graphics from both programs at the same time.. in this set up.

unbelievable!!! :read: :ideagrin:

I know Mtu can't do that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:47 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

appreciate the input but still not much further than before. do these programs take cd+g and turn them into mp3+g like the "cavs jb-99"?
if so how about reliability and degredation? Then how fo you install?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:07 pm 
I didn't do the install so I don't know the answer to that .. the video is actually just as decent if not better with the new video cards that we are using.. we have the new HDTV video cards for our corperate shows and are now using them for the Karaoke systems. I'm extremely pleased with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Brian, Dont use any raid system. It will cause you major headaches. I have had to do 4 rebuilds in as many weeks when I was using raided drives. a small "c" system drive with the programs Imaged back to the "d" drive with Northon Ghost 2003 is the best insurance. You can do a complete reimage the "c" drive in 5 minutes if it fails. But only put the System files, and programs on it, and backup weekly with ghost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:59 pm 
Dr. D,
I'm way ahead of ya... :wink: The PCDJ manufacturers warned us about it when we asked about running the platforms in it before we upgraded.
so did our tech, It's great he double checked. :wink:

I don't know alot about computers... but enough to survive.. but I know our Tech keeps us very competitive. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:06 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I use a program called CDGRipper to rip my CD&Gs to my computer. It rips each song to 2 files. An MP3 and a Graphics file. It costs $25.00. There are many programs to play them, but I use Winamp. It has a Karaoke Plug-in to play them. And a plug-in called Pacemaker to adjust The Speed, Pitch, and Tempo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
One good converter program is mp3toolz. just do an internet search on it! It's only like $40.00 for the full program! Works like a charm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:19 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thanx so far

Knightshow I know about mp3toolz but i've heard about microstudio (which i have to make backups) i've also heard about wincdg. i'm still concerned about playing programs, size of hard drive and how to hook up to a power mixer. my song collection is fairly large and would need enough space to convert all my songs. I am not a big time KJ so budget is limited.