KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Product Review: Cerwin Vega "V" MKII Series Speakers Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:33 pm 
I had the distinct pleasure of seeing and hearing for the first time the Cerwin Vega "V" MKII series speaker boxes in an live demo in a retail demo this week and were sincerely Impressed .. I personally got to do the setup and was able to cut through the usual "Biased" manufacturer's "ear candy" set up tricks. this set-up was so simple it would make the most inexpierenced DJ's & KJ's jealous. Just for this test "right from the boxes" we took the outputs of XM satellite radio, into a Mackie VLZ-1202 then went direct into a Crest Audio - ST-1000 amplifier, knowing we wern't going to be going for a long term run on this system. We intentionally eliminated alot of processing and coloring being in a retail enviornment.. we just wanted to see it Cerwin Vega's Product did what thier sales department said it would.. "Mid range (dollar wise) EAW quality at an affordable price." well here is the results...

OK First thing we did Balance the system as far as tone quality and the 3 engineers all agreed that it was a very flat system as far as the passive crossover was concerned.. being we chose the V-MKII 2"X 2-15" Box for the demo because of it's flexability and it's usability for mobile KJ's/DJ's and Live bands. the only variance from a flat EQ that was noted was on the High pot. it was at +2db at 12k the RTA confirmed that same adjustment.. it's same specs held too before distortion.. a blistering 121 db!! at 50' Even with the wrong amplifier!!! and no sub on it going as low as 43 hz. I think I have made a new choice for my systems folks!

Folks, this isn't even thier top of the line.. it was just as hyped.. it was an "in your face short throw PA" my best eval puts this great for those 100-300 person rooms..

MSRP is $950.00 Internet sites have them running between.. $650.00 - $700.00 you really need to hear them for yourselves..

just my opinion. :wink:

so there it is..