KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Showcasing Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Showcasing
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:13 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I am interested in doing some showcases for singers. I'm thinking about doing this on Monday nights. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:25 pm 
The easiest way I found to incorporate showcases is one of two ways. I usually start it an hour eariler from regular karaoke in order to still have a full show and night. You can either feature one singer doing an hour, or three singers doing 3-4 songs each, before starting your regular show. You may want to make them a flyer so they can give it to their friends, and if you have a web page for your show, set up a "Showcase Section" on it. Tell the singers that this is their night to shine and to invite as many friends as they like. By holding the showcase before the regular karaoke, it helps establish a crowd for the rest of the night. Hope this helps, or e mail me if you need more info.....MV :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:52 pm 
We did several Showcases in Nashville, we did it in several ways with different Venues.. My management is better at explaining the methods of "Showcasing" in Music Cities like LA, New York, Nashville, and such and Really great at Incorperating them with Karaoke Shows. I still today Am Baffled how the Showcases I sang in at some of the places did as well as they did. but usually Unsigned singers were asked to bring "original Tracks" with Proof of copyright. or developmental artists were asked to provide letters from thier label's or Producers granting us permission to allow them to perform free of charge on the premise that they could do merchandising of thier CD's. the total showcase time was 3 songs each,
not exceeding 15 minutes, at no cost to them. no video would be provided. We did it during a 6 hour night on the weekend.

see if that fits ya carlos.. maybe 30 mins to start..