KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Folks, I need to apologize... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:31 pm 
Folks,
I had a real great discussion today with Mr. Peter Parker, The Editor of
"Karaoke Scene Magazine" yes the Top Dog himself. It was rather cool to speak with him for the first time ever, and Actually I found him more interesting than many here, Including myself.

Some here have probably felt they been treated unfairly by me, although many have not met me in person, and really probably won't ever meet me. But they really don't know me at all.

So here it is. Online I may come across as being blunt and a hardcore Donkey's tail, But as a few here that have met me.. honestly do know me, will tell you I actually am probably one of the most respectful people that you will ever meet.

So if I have offended anyone in anyway, I am sorry and will try not to repeat it again. My views are very professional although are quite extreme towards high quality in the professional audio area. I do take karaoke to an extreme that most don't. 90-95% of the karaoke operators will not go there.

So I Thank you, for reading this and the people of KS for allowing me to Posting this because I felt that it was very needed.

Respectfully Submitted,
Brian Douglas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:22 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Brian - You just say what you think. No need to apologize for that. I personally find your consistant straight-forwardness refreshing. Really! :)

Norm

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Wow--just the fact that Brian found someone more interesting to him than himself is a hell of an admission!

Your technical expertise is top notch Brian. You definitely know what you are doing. Most of us here appreciate you sharing that knowledge with us. If you could just do it without constantly blowing your own horn and name dropping it would be even nicer! You're that guy who always has to go a story one better than the last guy. Even if you really HAVE gone one better, you don't always have to let us know it!

No offense intended, really. I do enjoy your technical expertise--perhaps take it as a bit of constructive criticism?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:57 am 
Metal
I'm sorry if that wasn't the thread you were looking for.. but I hope you find a resolution to your situation soon. you didn't deserve to have happen to you what did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:26 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I, for one, always read your posts with interest, Brian.
You obviously know what you're talking about and you are a very helpful Guy.
it took me a while to get used to your style of writing posts but I'm there now and have absolutely no problems.
Keep 'em coming!

Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:36 am 
Brian, I just got off the phone With Liza M. (oops dropping names again,) she said to say hi to ya, anyway, what we let people percieve about our character, is what we portray to them ourselves. No harm, and no foul, (unless you like chicken baked in a lovely glazed seasoning, oops, getting technical again....) You want the spotlight, this forum will give it to you.

Being on here since 1998, I have seen a lot of them come and a lot go, (lets see, there was that boy band, The Backstreet something, and of course, Vanilla Ice Cream man, Jessica Simpson and her love for Chicken of the Sea Chicken, or was it Tuna,)

It was nice of you to post this, but why even post this to begin with? With all the time you have spent on this site, posting, reading, probably fantasizing about all of us from your computer....(HMMM I wonder if Mike Valentino wears Boxers or Breifs....Does Matt??? Is Big Mike really....) Oh well I'm sure you have had other thoughts about all of us on this line yourself, so don't worry about it Brian, you're secrets are safe with us.

Lets just wipe the slate clean from the beginning and start over....Well I'll get the ball rolling, Brian, Whats your favorite food, color, song, and why is the sky blue???? See, I'll talk to ya!!!

PS I am having my morning coffee and a ham and cheese crossaint thingy. so I am rambling a bit, ah what the heck, Don't worry about it Man!!!!! Whats posted today, is forgotten, (just like this post, oh Liza wait for me!!!!!) Tomorrow. You hang in there Dude!!!!! :D

This has been a paid political Announcement for Brian Douglas for President......

***I hope you know this was all in fun*****

Attachments:
File comment: Oops, how did this get on here????
kj of the year.jpg
kj of the year.jpg [ 4.21 KiB | Viewed 21508 times ]

Post subject: Apology (Accepted?)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:15 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
Brian,

On behalf of the moderators here @ Karaoke Scene your apology is accepted but not really needed... I usually let you know when you step too far over the edge :roll:

Besides we know that you have an ego (like everyone does but fails to realize or acknowledge) :oops: and yours is almost as big as mine. (ego that is!) :rotflmao:

Hey we normally enjoy your information, input, comments, suggestions, ideas, and yes, at times, you do get long winded - like I'm not at fault for this also :wink:

Keep contributing and enjoy!
:!: :!: :!:
Phill

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:42 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

MV--just for the record, Big Mike IS, but not for too much longer! In the last six months I've dropped 70 pounds, from a balloonish 375 to a much more svelte (and somewhet less balloon-like) 305. Hoping to be below 300 for the first time in a decade by the end of the month.

I'm trying to get back to the lean mean 260 I was when I served in the Army. I think I'll have to change my business logo though. Along with the weight loss, I finally cut my freak flag and I no longer resemble him. Check out my website, bigmikekaraoke.com to see what I mean!

I know this is totally off topic-but I think this one's run its course anyway. We like Brian, end of story.
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Hey Brian!

How DARE YOU post about the information you've garnered along the years!!!??!! You have SOME nerve sharing stuff with us, anyway!

i've never been so grateful reading your posts, Lonnie's, kahuna's, Kojak
s, and many of the others that have shared publicly things. I for one have gladly leeched much of this knowledge, and in turn, tried to "pay it forward"...

So just you think a bit about THAT before you go off and do it again! LOL!

Matt

P.S. Buddy, it's okay... and if you feel like apologizing, go ahead. I don't see what for, really. There are times I take your advice, and at other times, I smile, say thanks, and move on, digesting what you have to say... yet maybe not using it.

I've had to eat some humble crow in the past myself... Lonnie told me about the CFX12 Mackie mixer... and did I listen??? NOOOOOOOOOOooooo! I went and got the DFX12!! And afterwards, I was looking at the CFX and going "Awww shoot!", when I realized what I would have gotten for a mere $50.!!

We live and learn dude...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:14 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Brian Douglas wrote:
Folks,
I had a real great discussion today with Mr. Peter Parker, The Editor of
"Karaoke Scene Magazine" yes the Top Dog himself. It was rather cool to speak with him for the first time ever, and Actually I found him more interesting than many here, Including myself.

Are you trying to smooooth talk me again Brian??? Hehehe! :) :x :? Well, you've never stepped on MY toes but I figured I'd jump in here since there's not many discussions lately that I feel I can comment on. We are all equals here, just people sharing ... and for me .... I have enjoyed just being a part of this great group of people! This was the first forum I ever joined and I've met a lot of fine people here .... (whom I have bumped into on other forums and it always makes me smile :D ). Even if we sometimes disagree or rub each other the wrong way (this is a forum for cryin' out loud! :twisted: ) ..... I am glad I met all of you!! Even YOU Brian hehehe! J/K!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:55 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I know Brian personally. First couple times I met him it might have been a little hard to take, ego wise. But once ya get to know him, ya can't help but like him. Brian, keep it up, ya doin' good buddy! We've attended many a karaoke together, and hope that continues for a long time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:58 pm 
Ron,
Ya make me feel like I'm runnin around here in the buck!!! :oops:

Post subject: Brian, Peter Parker?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:52 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

You are a cool dude, I need to hang with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:58 pm 
Thanks,
KJ Johnson.. I'm actually starting to realize how many people really are super cool here.. (actually I have known it all along.. just they have been hiding in the shadows) :wink: It sometimes kinda makes ya wonder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:21 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Yes Brian, I accept your appology. You have been somewhat of a donkey's tail, I've been watching you.

To some extent you distance yourself from the average person by your constant bragging about your accolades. And then to top it off you use those accolades to belittle others.

Mind you I am a man of peace, I believe in love and acceptance and kickass karaoke.

KJ Johnson loves all of the karaoke world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:01 pm 
KJ Johnson..
Isn't amazing you are not so far away from me?? and I can still come to your show anytime I want to and call you on this? and that your above post was kinda out of line for this board??

Peace bro. I'll discuss this with you on wednesday. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:08 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

OUT OF LINE??? That's the pot calling the skillet black You really do have a problem with constuctive criticism and intelligent input from others!!
but really, your apology is accepted if it is really sincere!
I am sorry if this is considered a flame, but I needed to get this off my chest just once, no matter what DAVE says about it
CONNIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:20 am 
Connie,
My apology is most definately sincere and from the heart, but when people take pot shots at you when you are on the level and i find it almost diffacult to keep it geared towards everybody here.
I do consider what you said a Flame, But I just need to look at the source. I'm sorry, But I'm very disappointed in you. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:48 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I knew it would'nt last I just new it...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem,!!!!! Just the Naked Truth.

After all, Isn't Karaoke an ego trip for the singers. I would feel Like you weren't human without a little ego! From Now on, tho you are the Incredible HULK!

Don't you just Love America!

Peace