KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What' the Buzz--PART 2 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What' the Buzz--PART 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
In follow up to a previous post ---I'm still using my Behringer Pmx200 powered mixer for my main system until I can afford to replace my Vocopro mixer with a Mackie to use with my Peavy AMP --Being that I just bought a house all the extra $$$$ doesn't last long :D SO ..Here I am the last few weeks at my regular gigs ..I plug everything in and all of a sudden out of the speakers comes a GOD AWFUL SCREECHING STATIC SOUND I MEAN :twisted: GOD AWFUL SOUNDING ....I isolate it to the main EFX control on the Behringer....turn it off ...screetching stops. After about 5 minutes it went away and I was able to use the efx's without the NOISE.....I KNOW ITS A BEHRINGER LONNIE (lol) But I until I can buy the Mackie DFX12 to use with my PV1200 I don't want to use my VOCOPRO KJ7000 .....So any ideas what would cause this noise coming out of the efx main??? And then it goes away ? Anyone ever see this?

The shame of it all... the unit is a nice little inexpensive powered mixer ..if the GD thing would just work like its suppose to :x :x

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:03 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
It's a Behringer........oh you already know that!!!! ;c)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:11 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I had high hopes for this mixer amp. It had so many features at an unbelievable price. I researched it for weeks and read the reviews (including concerns about reliability). I took the plunge and ordered it. There was a pronounced hum on all channels and the unit could not or should I say would not produce any high frequencies. It was either damaged in transit or an out of box failure. I returned it and thought I would wait to see if its reliability ranking would improve. Unfortunately, your experience is not giving me a warm and cozy feeling.

If I were you, I would go to your local music retailer and see how much they would give you on trade-in for the Behringer if you purchased the DFX12. Or maybe you are planning on keeping the PMX as a back-up unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:51 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steve

When I first bought this unit all channels hummed and we thought it was ground loop..but it turned out to be something in the unit. It was still under the 30 day return policy. I returned it for another and all seemed GREAT for a few weeks. Now I'm afraid while using this otherwise nice unit that this SCREECHING noise WILL appear while I'm on the other side of the venue. :) I think I'm going to email Behringer direct and see what they have to saY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
My Behrenger 1804FX was pretty good... until the FX went right out! LOL!

Sooooo, I'm not too thrilled with them... I listened to the pros out there, and almost all of them hate Behrenger with a passion... and after my experience, it seemed with good reason!

It's still a good DJ mixer... and I still use it that way!

BUt not for karaoke!

I got the Mackie DFX12 now... and wish I'd not been so cheap and gotten the CFX12 that Lonman recommended!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:18 am 
All ypu need to say the word "Behringer".. It's good for some and not for others.. great for a "Short" time.. but not for long term.. they do have some quality issues.. it's kinda like a "FORD" some "great" ones.. some "not so great" ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

HEY NOW! I LOVE Ford!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Been using our Behinger for over 5 years no problem (min of 5 shows a week). Matt you got to get it fixed it's probably something stupid, a bad solder or something. You buy a new car and expect to take it to the dealers for problems why should sound equipment be different. BTW my dealer here says he has problems with the Mackie 450s. He's had at least three come in with cracked cabinets while being shipped. He also said they have an achilles heel and if dropped and it lands at an angle with the bottom back hitting first it may crack the cabinet. As with anything you'll get good and bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I did have it looked at. The entire FX chip fried.

They wanted over $200 to have it fixed.

For about a hundred more I bought a new board!

I got like four months of service out of it, and the first two of that was it being in storage! And no, Behrenger wouldn't own up to any kind of warrenty (the ninety days had passed).

Ironically, if I had started using it out of the gate, I might have been able to get it fixed.

I bought that unit for $250... I think you can see where I was pretty disappointed in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:25 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I wouldn't recommend Behringer to my worst competitor! Mine lasted less than 6 months & 3 channels blew out of it. I went against my better judgement & my own advice & bought one because I needed a quick fix. NEVER AGAIN!!!! This piece of crap is going to junk heap as soon as I get a new board.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:48 am 
Matt & Lon,
That's why I recommend Yahama or Mackie consoles.. at least they will back their gear.. because thier name is on the line.

so anyways.. there it is..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Update--I called the people at Behringer and told them of my problem and lucky for me ..it's still under warranty ..BUT I have to send it out of state to have it repaired and who knows how long that will take.

I was in my local Guitar center and was looking at the Mackie DFX12 ...it was calling my name :D I will buy one SOON to use with my Peavey.
Not to get off TOPIC ....But the MAckie DFX12 is still a good choice ?? Nobody listing any problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:59 am 
Jam,
DFX 12 is ok, It will be a great choice :wink:
I'm looking at one myself... :D May make a switch for a small system.
I found a place in Tennessee that was blowing them out..like hotcakes!!!

Below MF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Hotcakes? Let me know $$$ I've seen the DFX12 consistantly at $239

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:53 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I have been using a Behringer mixer for a year now without any problems. Could it be that the powered mixers and the ones with built in effect are less reliable? I have never been a fan of powered mixers or mixers with effects included. It is much easier to replace a power amp or effects unit than have to replace an all in one unit.

Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

oh, without effects, the Behrenger isn't a bad mixer...

on the DFX12, I love mine, but I love Lonnie's CFX12 even more! LOL!

I wish I'd have gotten THAT one instead. The DFX12 doesn't have the midrange adjustment, and I find when I blend my music... it does suffer a tad.

I'll probably try to get the CFX12 next, and sell the D model on Ebay or somethin'!