KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Burning CDG's Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Burning CDG's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:45 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I am starting up a beginning karaoke business and have pretty much all the hardware I need. I am now in the process of gradually gathering a CDG collection. I am starting out with the Chartbuster's Essential Packages (1-4) and a few other CDG's have bought. I have heard a lot of talk about burning CDG's. I want to make sure I don't step on the toes of the big businesses by not following copyright laws so I want to make sure that I do this right.

I want to copy all the discs I have onto backup discs. What do I need to do this??? Will a regular CD burner on a computer work??? I don't think it will, but need some guidance on how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:02 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
You don't want to step on the toes of the big businesses? Yet you still want to illegally copy & use your illegal copies for commercial gain??? By making a copy you are breaking copyright laws, although you can technically make them for home use, you can't use them in a commercial environment - legally. If you do HAPPEN to get nailed, you will lose your entire investment, including equipment & any equipment used to make the copies.
There are plenty of discussions on this subject about how to do it. Do a little search & you'll find it.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:08 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I read that as long as you own a copy of the disc that you burn you could use it??? Is that not correct??? If it is illegal to do it I probably shouldn't, but I was just under the impression that you could make a copy (if you owned the original) and use it. Let me know if my thinking is way off because I have read a number of messages that state people are doing it that way????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:25 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Legally (technically this is even illegal but unprosecutable) you can make a 1:1 copy for your own "private" use, the minute you take it into any commercial venue, it is violating copyright law. Even if you own the original.
There are also many kj's that will not even play a burned disc. I know several that will tell you to bring in an original, look through their book or take a hike. I know one that will go as far as to return your burn in 2 pieces if you give him any crap about it. But he will pay you for the blank cd.
People will say it's ok, that they are just protecting their investment. I would be the first to agree, but until the law changes, that is the way it goes.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:38 pm 
Buzz
E-mail me I'll direct you to a page on my personal web that has an E-mail
from The ONLY company allowing a 1:1 copy of thier CDG's under "Fair use". If you need varification call them directly. They should be able to provide it. If you have a question e-mail me directly. After this week.. things got alot more clearer.

Also the Admin. of this site seems to be censoring things to anti-piracy issues tighter lately. It's a shame. because some issues really need to be heard.

{NOTE TO ADMIN:}
I would Love to have a dialog personally with Mr. Parker.. 1:1 Because things sure have been backwards lately.
My e-mail is always open.

Gee I wonder what they are afraid of .. a little honesty? :roll:
Or someone with a little bit of money?

Some people have been watching some sensable posts disappear lately..
and they are not archived...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:44 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
You know and I know and many others too but no ones talking. Such a shame .