KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Just Starting Out/Need Advice Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Knightshow
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:10 pm 
MarkB wrote:
A mixer like the Mackie DFX-12 with a pair of active speakers, such as the Mackie SRM450's or the SRM350's (if and when they come out).

Mark, Mark, Mark.... :ggof:

Shame on you! I'm very disappointed!

You need to get an education in Pro Audio my Son! :read:

First of all the Mackie Powered models ARE Available.. Just NOT in your Location probably.. I can get them TOMORROW if I want them. and use them literally within the hour I left the store with them. So, I can't see your point in your post? Maybe you need to think Twice and Make some phone calls first.

Have a nice day. :rotflmao:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:29 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
It really depends on who you buy the CAVS system from. Mine came with mostly ChartBuster, Legends, DK, and Soundchoice. I have yet to come across a Music Maestro.

As far as the rest of the set-p, I go very simple. I have a Audio2000s 7075 digital amp/mixer that I use strictly as an amp, and a Mackie DFX12 for mixing. I user 2 non powered Gemeni 15" speakers, and a Yorkville feedback monitor also running thru the amp.

I know this may not be nearly the best, but it sounds darn good, and came in at under $4,500 with everything including 2 wireless mics, 3 backup Samson Mics, the TV and stand, roadcase, and all the wiring.

If you haven't bought the CAVS unit yet, message me and I will tell you where I got mine.

Cyall later.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
if it came loaded with Sound Choice, and you didn't get the original discs, you have a pirated system my friend. Ebay perhaps??

Sound Choice has repeatedly stood by their word that they don't allow copying of their cds, and do NOT allow the conversion onto a cavs unit.

The only thing I think they would feel somewhat comfortable is if you had the original discs with you! But still ran off the Cavs machine! ANd even that upsets 'em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:10 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Actually I bought it off a company in OH, a brick and mortar store- not just a dot com, and they brought up-NOT LOOKING TO START ANY TROUBLE-that many of the rights from companies including SC are not legally obtained. After LENGTHY discussions with them, I was convinced enought to give it a go. If anyone is interested, mesage me and I will give you their name and #, and u can feel free to call them and get their reasonings too. It was almost 6 months ago, and I do not recall all the supporting facts and details they offerred.

However, I can say I enjoy the system very much, and have never had any problems yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:07 am 
DBK.. Call SOUND CHOICE!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:09 am 

Does anyone know how to go about getting all the legal things done like registering her business name and a few other things like for tax reasons.any replys would be nice.thanks all[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

dbk1009 wrote:
Actually I bought it off a company in OH, a brick and mortar store- not just a dot com, and they brought up-NOT LOOKING TO START ANY TROUBLE-that many of the rights from companies including SC are not legally obtained. After LENGTHY discussions with them, I was convinced enought to give it a go.

Yeah, it's amazing how these type of thieves will justify their reasons for doing this stuff dbk!

Bottom line, is you have tracks you didn't pay for! If they would have given you the original discs, that's one thing. but all you have is their word that some other company doesn't follow ethical standards...

I've bought Sound Choice products all the time, for over eight years now, and they are notorious about obtaining legal rights to do songs. If what this other company said was true, then they wouldn't be running into the roadblocks that SC has run into in getting some tracks done, or worse yet, getting the tracks that they used to have licensed reversed due to a change in the original copyright (who's holding it now).

Disney, ABCKO, and Motown (don't know if the latter two are the same or not) have refused all rights to do their products. Or in the case with Disney, the GRAPHICS aren't allowed... I have a couple Pocket Songs discs that are blank with a lovely graphic that pops up saying "The owner of this copyright has refused license for the lyric display"...

I back Brian up on this... Call Sound Choice. They've ran into this before on Ebay and I've seen them settle with some people that didn't know what happened... you won't be in trouble... you're the victim here.

I'd email BC (the head honcho over at Sound Choice)... his name is Bob Clifford. I think you'll find him to be a very aggreable person... and he'll try to help you... if you want to be helped.

If not, he can be a most stubborn obstacle. LOL! I love the guy, but he and I have butted heads before! LOL!

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:33 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I appreciate the advice, and I will consider it. I guess I'm in a quandry here- I certainly am not willing to abandon my investment, but at the same time, I do not support piracy. Any additions to my system have been bought and paid for, and I don't carry any burns- as a matter of fact I don't even have a cd burner- which is why I still have some cd's I carry.

Kinda like an 80's movie........."No way out"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:23 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

not to promote another website, but I'd go to soundchoice.com, and go to their bboard... and the "Open Forum" is about the best place to post a question...

POST it... and see what they think.

Matt

Post subject: Matt
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:12 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

knightshow wrote:
you're welcome Mark... and I wasn't using you as a "case", but only posted the link back to your initial query to keep me from reposting all the other stuff... the player, the amps, the speakers, and the music packs...

Of the amps you're talking aobut, I think the AKJ works best for a start up... I like the mackie mixer, but i have my out to speakers first going to my akj amp for MORE power and clarity, and then out to speakers!

SO even though I upgraded, I'm STILL using the sucker! LOL! AND if I need to, I have three other mic connections!!

I would like to say I wish you the best of luck. I have a friend (yes I DO have them! LOL!) that just bought the cavs unit, and I personally think he got stroked!! The library he got is mostly Music Maestro, and some THM and a few CB... To be honest, even though I started out that way (one disc at a time, but still... they were inferior discs), I really wish I'd started out with the SC Foundation...

Matt

Matt, I should thank you! You have been a great help in sharing advise. You pointed me in many other directions in finding equipment that were better suited for me, in both quality and price.

I ended up with a pair of Yorkville NX550P speakers, a Mackie DFX-12 mixer, a DBX-266 compressor, a CAVS JB-99, a Shure UHF SM-58 Vocal Artist wireless, and a couple of Shure SM58s wired mics, all housed in a Gator GRR-10L roller rack & protected by a Furman PL Plus power strip.

Since I am using the CAVS right now for home and friend use, I am very please with the song selections that are loaded on the CAVS. When I am ready to "commercialize" for business, I will take your advise and probably get the Sound Choice Foundation set and bricks. I'm very pleased with the Sound Choice quality. Get some current Pop Hits and Country Monthly discs and maybe the DK core set, and I would be ready to go.

Again thanks for all the advise and help. There are certain people on this board that should take a drink out of your "cup of human kindness".

Last edited by MarkB on Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wait til the Gator case cracks... :argue:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thanks Mark, and the best of success to you!

I've not had any experience myself with the Gator case, and I'll probably go with the same type of compressor that you're using. I've been operating my shows now without one, but last Saturday proved to me I need to use 'em! LOL!

I myself prefer the harder SKB cases... but I KNOW people who DO use the gator case...

Keep us informed m'man!

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All ya need to do is drop a Gator case or a SKB case from waist high and the shell will crack. That'sa why I have been preaching on ATA or the 3/4' Plywood Carpeted cases.. because you won't break the exteriors or the equipment inside by "High docking" them. the only bad thing I have ever done was bent a rack ear on an amp. by accidently letting an amp rack roll off the lift gate of the truck 4' to the parking lot. (strictly by not paying attention) and it had 6 brand new Crowns in it. :shock: :x needless to say they all worked and the damage was cosmetic and I still have them all today. :D