KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Multi Format DVD/CDG Player Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:39 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I need a new DVD player and also want to buy a karaoke player. Is there a disadvantage of buying a multi format player? JVC triple tray seems to be the standard but it doesn't play DVDs. I know Karaoke DVDs are not that popular but are they worse than CDGs in terms of quality.

Currently I'm looking at buying the API 701 or the CAVs 202. Does anyone know which one is better?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:05 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I just bought an API 701 several weeks ago and I am very happy with it. The caveat being that I am happy with it SO FAR. I bought mine on Ebay for right around $200.

Let me give you the pros and cons as I see them so far.

Pros:
-It is a rack mountable player
-I like the multiformat ability, because at my shows if I run a few dance tracks, I play the DVD videos with them. This machine will play just about anything that will fit ona CD sized disc.
-You can run this unit without the remote control. All functions necessary for karaoke are accesible from the front panel.
-32 step key controller--the most I've had on any of my other players was 16
-You can connect mics right to the unit in a pinch, it also has separate volume and echo controls for each mic
-Universal power supply
-Unlike other universal players, this one does not automatically launch track 1. It waits for a user input.

Cons
-I've got some concerns about durability. I've got mine mounted in a Gator road case, and I'm not sure how it will take the moving around like that. Like I said I've only had it a couple weeks, so the jury's still out
-Sometimes it takes quite a while (10-20 seconds) to read the karaoke discs and get ready to play. This is not a big deal to me because I use two machines at my shows, but it might be more important if it were the sole machine in my setup.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:57 am 
I still like the RSQ-505.. the club here in Orlando has 3 of them... not a heating problem with them... worked since they installed them last 3 months.. the whole system here very well maintained.. not a complaint about them.. I did a show with them last night here.. loved them not a glitch.