KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Health clubs Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Health clubs
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:02 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Been Liked: 0 time
I just got back from the health club and I am pooped. I'm thinking about taking a nap. Now how silly is that. I love the elliptical machine. I looked into buying one for home, but man they are expensive!

What's your work out routine? (mating rituals don't count)  LMAO

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Health clubs
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Babs @ Mon May 21, 2007 11:02 am wrote:

Oh, well, in that case..... I guess I can't share my  *tight buns and thighs in 14 days- guaranteed* plan with you all;)

My workout routine?

I'm currently working (until June 4th) as a dietary aid at a senior care home. Hun, I get all the exercise I need there, I run my buns off all day. Matter of fact, it's a bit much.... I realized quick enough, this is NOT my calling. Much as I like it, I hate it. Then I'll be starting work for an Insurance agency again.... back to being a stick in the mud and gaining weight as I sit in my computer chair and stare at a comp screen all day. :shock:

Plus, I have 4 kids, a hubby, 2 dogs (make that 3 dogs, if ya count Tuckers) and a grandbaby... between the dishes, the constant laundry, the never ending vacuuming-sweeping-dusting- etc... I get my exercise.  :D Sometimes I wanna go into one of those places and tell all the people working out "HEY!! You wanna lose weight and get toned up? Come over to clean my house 3 times a week.. and I wont charge ya a darn thing".  LOL

(actually, I've thought of joining a gym, but WHO in the heck has the time? )

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
If it aint real cold or hot out I'll walk down to the road and get the paper or mail. LMAO

Must be doin something right, last time I threw all the bales of hay off a pickup I wasnt even breathing hard. Then other times I have trouble unloading all the stuff and setting up.....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
[strike]I stare into the window of the womens aerobics room and play with myself.  It's quite a cardiovascular routine I've gotten into !   Really enables me to work up quite a sweat too, which of course raises my metabolism gets the heart rate up,l and as a result burns off calories.[/strike]

Following the rigors of my Isotonic routine, I go out and get a few cheeseburgers, a milkshake, and return here to Moms basement to hang with you folks.   I only have so much time given my current schedule to take care of my body !

Quote:
(mating rituals don't count)

I didn't initially see mention of this.  Let me delete my post.  Sorry,  wasn't paying attention.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
roflmfao

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:37 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I just started working out last week. So it is funny that you ask this.. cause last week my answer would have been Working in the yard and carrying things up the stairs and down the stairs at home...

This week, I hit the Rec Center in the morning. First I do Cardio on the eliptical runner.. (those are wonderful) and then I hit the weight room and then I walk about a mile to cool down, then I go home and do more housework and chores until I collapse around 10 or 11pm.

Since I started working out I have already lost 5 lbs.(I want to lose at least 15 lbs) And I am also eating healthier too and just gennerally feeling better.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:34 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I walk my dogs. :yes:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:03 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
now now Sharon doncha go getting too darned fit on me I look nuff like the goodyear blimp  LMAO

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:30 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

BlueStainedShoes @ Mon May 21, 2007 1:32 pm wrote:
Babs @ Mon May 21, 2007 11:02 am wrote:

Oh, well, in that case..... I guess I can't share my  *tight buns and thighs in 14 days- guaranteed* plan with you all;)

My workout routine?

I'm currently working (until June 4th) as a dietary aid at a senior care home. Hun, I get all the exercise I need there, I run my buns off all day. Matter of fact, it's a bit much.... I realized quick enough, this is NOT my calling. Much as I like it, I hate it. Then I'll be starting work for an Insurance agency again.... back to being a stick in the mud and gaining weight as I sit in my computer chair and stare at a comp screen all day. :shock:

Plus, I have 4 kids, a hubby, 2 dogs (make that 3 dogs, if ya count Tuckers) and a grandbaby... between the dishes, the constant laundry, the never ending vacuuming-sweeping-dusting- etc... I get my exercise.  :D Sometimes I wanna go into one of those places and tell all the people working out "HEY!! You wanna lose weight and get toned up? Come over to clean my house 3 times a week.. and I wont charge ya a darn thing".  LOL

(actually, I've thought of joining a gym, but WHO in the heck has the time? )

Holy moly girl - it sounds like you need a nap

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:31 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Steven Kaplan @ Mon May 21, 2007 7:23 pm wrote:
[strike]I stare into the window of the womens aerobics room and play with myself.  It's quite a cardiovascular routine I've gotten into !   Really enables me to work up quite a sweat too, which of course raises my metabolism gets the heart rate up,l and as a result burns off calories.[/strike]

Following the rigors of my Isotonic routine, I go out and get a few cheeseburgers, a milkshake, and return here to Moms basement to hang with you folks.   I only have so much time given my current schedule to take care of my body !

Quote:
(mating rituals don't count)

I didn't initially see mention of this.  Let me delete my post.  Sorry,  wasn't paying attention.

Kappy you little fibber I know you go on walks. It may be from window to window, but I know I've heard you mention it.  LMAO

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:33 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Isis @ Mon May 21, 2007 8:37 pm wrote:
I just started working out last week. So it is funny that you ask this.. cause last week my answer would have been Working in the yard and carrying things up the stairs and down the stairs at home...

This week, I hit the Rec Center in the morning. First I do Cardio on the eliptical runner.. (those are wonderful) and then I hit the weight room and then I walk about a mile to cool down, then I go home and do more housework and chores until I collapse around 10 or 11pm.

Since I started working out I have already lost 5 lbs.(I want to lose at least 15 lbs) And I am also eating healthier too and just gennerally feeling better.

My goal is to lose 20lbs. I hate Ilove I hate I love the elliptical machine. You know what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:04 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:
Kappy you little fibber I know you go on walks. It may be from window to window, but I know I've heard you mention it.  

LOL.  Yes,  I WAS walking pretty regularly..3x per day (over 3 mile loops) giving me a total of over 10 miles per day, and I felt GREAT.  Problem is that took a lot of daily time to do, and in my area, the walking was along side main roads (no sidewalks, no clearcut walking path) and given climate up here it's not always an easy walk (nor is it safe at certain times), so it's weather provisional, as well as schedule provisional but I DID make time for it because it's important, and during such times I posted A LOT less in here too of course.. but I do miss the walking, and believe me.. I FEEL IT when I don't exercize (or just walk) for instance..  Look how I get when I'm not taking care of myself.. I start posting like a pervert in here  LOL..

We went from a strange sudden winter, to the heart of spring (over night) up here, and given the horrible pollen, I can't walk now.. Air is just horrible for we asthmatics up here, (which is why I'm going to meet a millionaire super-model and move into her place in San Diego, or Arizona), just keep this little chicken coop for me musical toys..  I did a lot of outdoor stuff,  I love being outdoors, but the air quality around where I live is dangerous at times.  (I live in a swampland,  Marsh area)..  But this should be no big surprise to anybody  LMAO

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:05 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

My bathing suit shrunk this past winter,  obviously it's defective !  :(

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I WORK at a gym..... but i sit on my butt ALL. FREAKIN. DAY.

It really sucks!

I can't wait till I have the baby and I can join all the ladies out there.

It's circuit training... it's pretty much exactly the same as Curves for Women. You alternate between weight machines and cardio... 45 seconds on each... then you change... going around in a circle. Make sense? I'm sure I could have worded that better....I'm too damm lazy! LOL! see? I need to work out. I've gotten too lazy to explain myself properly!

seriously though... I'm gonna start working out as SOON as I possibly can. I'll bring the baby and make my co-workers babysit while I exercise... they'll love it, I'm sure! muahaha *evil laugh* ohhh the things I can get away with when the owner is the baby's grandma :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Steven Kaplan @ Wed May 30, 2007 9:05 pm wrote:
My bathing suit shrunk this past winter,  obviously it's defective !  :(

that happened to ALL my clothes!!! WTF?? I think something's wrong with my closet... I mean... this didn't happen before I moved in January... I dunno what else could be causing this.... the last few months, my clothes keep shrinking....and shrinking..... :headscratch:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:27 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Yeah,  It's happened to several people.  Must be the shift in the jetstream.  Global warming must shrink clothing,  Glad to know there's a logical cause !   Probably the closet problem has to do with the recent increase in Hurricanes down south.  All that humidity extends north and messes up closet stability and just adds to clothing shrinkage !   Setting clocks ahead much earlier this year also affected expansion and contraction of clothing

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:03 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

As I get older things seem to be gravitating down. Pretty soon I'll be able to mop the floor without a mop.  LMAO

Did you ladies notice all the fun clothes are in the girls junior section. Why are we expected to dress frumpy when we get older. Now I'm not talking about slutty clothes. I'm talking stylish clothes. I'm not eady to dress like my mother yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Well I'm glad to hear there is an explanation for the shrinking clothes phenomenon.  :headscratch:

I joined a gym about a month ago. I guess it's time I started going.  :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:
I joined a gym about a month ago. I guess it's time I started going.

LOL    You mean you have to go ?   Even though you payed ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:39 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Apparently. I wish I could just order a new body. One day I'm sure that will be possible. Like putting together one of these Meez thingys.

That was fun.  :yes: