KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - ChartBuster no longer offering Essentials on CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Thunder wrote:
What SD cards did you get? I bought all of the Essentials and many of the Plus sets none of them had anything but artist - title on them.

It sounds like you may have had a bad card.

Sorry, I just reread and realized that you had a custom card done.

Yes it was a custom. Sorry didn't mean to add confusion to the thread, but if i order a SD product custom or otherwise geared toward KJ use shouldn't the tracks at least have a recognizable name?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I agree they should have been named, but you should have had the names of the songs from your custom order. Were the "letters and numbers" disc ID and track number? I would imagine that the ones that were named came from files they have completed for the SD and HD systems and the "un-named" files came directly from CDG bin files that haven't been done to the digital system yet.

Not defending the practice just making an observation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thunder wrote:
I agree they should have been named, but you should have had the names of the songs from your custom order. Were the "letters and numbers" disc ID and track number? I would imagine that the ones that were named came from files they have completed for the SD and HD systems and the "un-named" files came directly from CDG bin files that haven't been done to the digital system yet.

Sure I had the names from my custom order, but saw no way to reference my list to the names of the files. I don't have the SD card with me currently, but if you'd like I'll can post the names of the files that I received and what was ordered. Maybe in my lack of experience I missed something that would be obvious to someone who has been doing karaoke longer than I have.

Wasn't trying to make a big deal out of. If I was, I wouldn't have been trying to get it resolved here on KS. I would have been on the phone with CB. But I agree and sounds as you do as well that their should have been a way to know what files were what without having to play them first.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Sure I had the names from my custom order, but saw no way to reference my list to the names of the files. I don't have the SD card with me currently, but if you'd like I'll can post the names of the files that I received and what was ordered. Maybe in my lack of experience I missed something that would be obvious to someone who has been doing karaoke longer than I have.

Wasn't trying to make a big deal out of. If I was, I wouldn't have been trying to get it resolved here on KS. I would have been on the phone with CB. But I agree and sounds as you do as well that their should have been a way to know what files were what without having to play them first.

No I agree with you they should have been named.

Just a question have you checked to see if the files were on your card in the same order that you ordered them in?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thunder wrote:
hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:

No I agree with you they should have been named.

Just a question have you checked to see if the files were on your card in the same order that you ordered them in?

Pretty sure they weren't but I'll have to get back to you on that. More than likely in a file listing it would be listed alphanumerically starting with the first character of the file name (symbols, numbers then letters).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Yes FT added the song list but that does not help when you are copying the disc into CH. The Discs don't have Disc and Track, or am I mistaken? I haven't ordered them yet but am planning to in the near future, I have been holding off to see if they are offering a fix to the format on the discs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I still haven't figured out what your complaint is!

Do the CDGs you get have the files named so all you have to do is drag and drop?

Is your complaint just the fact that the media SC and CB sells doesn't have everything done for you in advance? If so what disc are you getting where they are already named the way you want them?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:47 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

The only info on the SD cards is Artist and Title there is no indication as to who made the Card be it SC or CB. or whoever.
If you use Compuhost when you Rip CDGs you select the disc # from the drop down menu which has all of the info, hit Rip and go, done loaded into your system all neat and proper. All i'm looking for is Who's music am I selecting for my singer, and there in no info on the SD cards from Chartbuster and the same with Sound Choice Gem series. With the listings now on Fast Tracks with their last update I believe I can now order the Gem series and be able to copy into my system and have all the info I need. Guess it's time to order from SC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

billlysally wrote:
The only info on the SD cards is Artist and Title there is no indication as to who made the Card be it SC or CB. or whoever.
If you use Compuhost when you Rip CDGs you select the disc # from the drop down menu which has all of the info, hit Rip and go, done loaded into your system all neat and proper. All i'm looking for is Who's music am I selecting for my singer, and there in no info on the SD cards from Chartbuster and the same with Sound Choice Gem series. With the listings now on Fast Tracks with their last update I believe I can now order the Gem series and be able to copy into my system and have all the info I need. Guess it's time to order from SC.

OK now I understand, the problem is that you are putting the blame on SC and CB for omission when the problem is that Compuhost has not yet updated their database to include the songs that are on the SC GEM series and the CB SD cards. None of the CDGs you have ripped have that information included in them. That info comes from an online data base like CDDB or one of the others, That information gets on the data base from people like me who rip a new disc, type in the disc, track, artist and title information and then submit it to the data base.

The information you seek doesn't come from the disc you rip it comes from the efforts of those who have ripped the same disc before you and put that information on the database that the programs draw from, I can't even begin to count the number of CDGs as well as music CDs I have submitted over the years. BTW you should always check the accuracy of that information as well because all of us who submit information don't always get it correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 24 times
In my opinion it is a glaring omission for Chartbuster to provide you with a custom SD card without their including some form of number including "CB" in it. The tracks on the KJ Media Pro drive all have unique identifiers as should anything they provide you in a "named" format. Just because there is no way for that info to be included on a CD containing CDG files is an ignorant argument for the info not to be included in a format that can be named.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TommyA wrote:
In my opinion it is a glaring omission for Chartbuster to provide you with a custom SD card without their including some form of number including "CB" in it. The tracks on the KJ Media Pro drive all have unique identifiers as should anything they provide you in a "named" format. Just because there is no way for that info to be included on a CD containing CDG files is an ignorant argument for the info not to be included in a format that can be named.

Well I apologize for my ignorance. I have the CB SD cards for the complete Essentials sets and many of the Plus sets, every song in them is named (unique identifiers).

I consider it a fantastic convinence to have the songs already formatted in MP3G and named, adding an identifer for the manu to all of them took me less than 15 minutes (it takes me that long to rip and and named a single CDG with 15 songs) To complain about it (to me) is just a sign of the laziness that so many are suffering from today.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

To sell a product in a limited market such as Karaoke knowing that every CDG comes with the Disk Maker and not put it on this format is really lacking. CB tells me they are limited in the way they produce SD cards and they are working on a fix to the problem. nuff said

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

billlysally wrote:
To sell a product in a limited market such as Karaoke knowing that every CDG comes with the Disk Maker and not put it on this format is really lacking. CB tells me they are limited in the way they produce SD cards and they are working on a fix to the problem. nuff said

You are still confusing me here (although I agree with the nuff said)

Quote:
knowing that every CDG comes with the Disk Maker

This is what confuses me, every single one of my SD cards came in a package clearly marked as Chartbuster!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

It's simple, if I was to load 19 SD cards @50 songs each, and try to add the disc maker and which series it is so that I can converge them into my system it would take a fair amount of time. I work for a living and am active in my community, some 3 to 5 nights a week aprx 2 to 4 hrs each. I don't have time to spend editing song tracks that I am paying very good money for because the producer didn't think to put their name and series # on their product. that's all

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Honestly...

The time it takes to add an mfr's id and a disc number to thousands of songs is about 1 minute.

If you know the mfr and can determine a disc-track number to identify your songs... it is as simple as adding that id to the beginning of each file's name. I've done it with SCDG's and with CD+G's that do not appear in anyone's database.

It is quite simple.

The utility I use is called "Better File Renamer". Once you've renamed the zip file, you can use another, free app that I am willing to send you if you PM me with a request. If you don't use zips, it is even easier.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
Honestly...

The time it takes to add an mfr's id and a disc number to thousands of songs is about 1 minute.

If you know the mfr and can determine a disc-track number to identify your songs... it is as simple as adding that id to the beginning of each file's name. I've done it with SCDG's and with CD+G's that do not appear in anyone's database.

It is quite simple.

The utility I use is called "Better File Renamer". Once you've renamed the zip file, you can use another, free app that I am willing to send you if you PM me with a request. If you don't use zips, it is even easier.

Exactly. There are hundreds of windows bulk file renamers out there that allow you to take any batch of files and change their names & extensions en-masse.