KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Computer software to use with laptop and PA system advise needed! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
I dont mind emailing you the lame codec if you supply your email addy but you will have to do it thus... theravingredhead at yahoo dot com
cos the security feature here eats emails

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

btw evening Matt :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:40 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi All:  IM UP AND RUNNING !!!!  Went to:

http://www.karafun.com/index_en.html

Downloaded the Direct X and Karafun player.  I have two CD Players, one is a burner but the burner is the one that I can use to work the CDG disc.  Karafun is very neat looking and you can do a full screen of the words.  I am happy today for all of your help on here  :yes:

Next I need to get the PA system going.  I want to purchase a PA system for the computer with speakers.  Sort of a package deal.  

I already have a mic with a plug thing on the end, would like to use this mic unless the package deal has some mics with the package already.  This one I have is a (audio technica ATM41HE)<<this was on the mic. Heres the link to a website that shows it:  
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired ... index.html

Bought this in a second hand shop for cheap and it sounds great.

Please give any suggestions, just not a huge amout of money to spend here.

Again, Thanks everyone
Gayle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Heya Gayle... congrats on getting it to work.

:wave: Hiya Morgan!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:hug:  :wave:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:00 am 
pinkbumblebee @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:09 pm wrote:
kayleigh :  Thanks,, yes ask your friend what she uses.  I havent purchased the sound system yet. Right now Im working on getting the laptop to play the CDG.

The laptops being stubborn with it wireless air card,, grrrrrrrrr...

Hello.  I'm using a SoundTech S20 pa system for my home basement.
I'm using a laptop also.
If I had to do it all over again, I might go with a Phonic pa system per Lonman's suggestion for home use on another thread.
I thought about going with the Fender squier 4 pa system but their tech support has yet to email me back.
I hate to buy something and it goes bad and I have to ship it off to get fixed.
My SoundTech system is still working but if it stopped working I'd have to ship it off for repair.  If prefer a pa system that I can get it fixed locally if need be.
I dont know if Phonic has repair system in most major cities or not.

Closeout model
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i- ... AK408.html

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-PHO-PPAK408.html

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i- ... CK620.html

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:56 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

pcdoctor:  Hi, I ordered this just 2 days ago:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=636503
with a hook up from the back of my desk top computer.  I purchased the 1 year warrenty which kicks in after the 45 days manf. warrenty.  This also covers freight charges as well.  Hope its a trouble free one!!  Can't wait for it to get here.  

I'm sure once it arrives I will have question to ask Lonman and others on here.  They have been a great help.  I want to learn how to rip a cd. Mostly been trying to figure out which system was right for me and after months of reading and discussions on here, this is the one I picked.

:yes: Have a good day all !

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 pm 
pinkbumblebee @ Thu May 10, 2007 7:56 am wrote:
pcdoctor:  Hi, I ordered this just 2 days ago:

with a hook up from the back of my desk top computer.  I purchased the 1 year
:yes: Have a good day all !

Cool!
Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:31 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hi everyone:  I just received my (Phonic Power Pod 740D/SEM715 PA System) yesteday and ready to hook it up to the desktop computer.  I purchased the (HOSA STEREO MINI MALE 2-1/4 IN MONO MALE  TO HOOK it to the computer.  My question is, do i plug it into the pink/green/blue jack in the back of the computer?

Also the speaker wires have 1/4 ends that plug into the back of the speaker. Is this normal?  Im use to speaker wire on my home stereo.  I havent opened the manual on the mixer yet to know what to do, is it going to be easy or difficult?

Thanks
Gayle

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
pinkbumblebee @ Wed May 16, 2007 2:31 pm wrote:
Hi everyone:  I just received my (Phonic Power Pod 740D/SEM715 PA System) yesteday and ready to hook it up to the desktop computer.  I purchased the (HOSA STEREO MINI MALE 2-1/4 IN MONO MALE  TO HOOK it to the computer.  My question is, do i plug it into the pink/green/blue jack in the back of the computer?

Well, you would plug it into the one that has the output symbol - usually a little group of circles with an arrow out, most likely it's the green one.

Quote:
Also the speaker wires have 1/4 ends that plug into the back of the speaker. Is this normal?  Im use to speaker wire on my home stereo.  I havent opened the manual on the mixer yet to know what to do, is it going to be easy or difficult?

Thanks
Gayle

It's going to be a lot easier than you think.  Yes the 1/4" plugs are standard - an older standard, but perfectly normal.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:26 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Thanks Lonman for the help.  the HOSA STEREO MINI MALE 2-1/4 IN MONO MALE has 2 1/4 jacks at the other end.  One is red with the word(ring) on it the other one gray with the word(tip) on it, where do they plug into the mixer?

Thanks
Gayle

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

pinkbumblebee @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:26 pm wrote:
the HOSA STEREO MINI MALE 2-1/4 IN MONO MALE has 2 1/4 jacks at the other end.  One is red with the word(ring) on it the other one gray with the word(tip) on it, where do they plug into the mixer?

Thanks
Gayle

On your mixers channel 5, 6 or 7.  Each one of these channels are set up for a stereo input source marked Line 1 & 2 - pick one of these channels & plug the 1/4" into it.  Doesn't really matter which plug goes into which input, the tip/ring code is more for a send/return loop like for an effects processor or compressor - tip=send, ring=return - you won't need to worry about this for just hooking up the laptop.  The color code is used primarily for stereo designation.  Red is typically right & grey (or black or white) is typically left.  Being the mixer itself is a mono mixer, it really don't matter which is left & which is right.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:23 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Lonman, thanks for the help.  Do I plug both the Red and Gray 1/4" jacks into either 5-6-7 channel?  Does the red go into say channel 5  and the gray go into say channel 6? Also the line inputs summed say A and B, which I guessing is the 1 and 3 your talking about  Don't want to blow this thing up haha

thanks bunches
Gayle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:19 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

pinkbumblebee @ Wed May 16, 2007 5:23 pm wrote:
Lonman, thanks for the help.  Do I plug both the Red and Gray 1/4" jacks into either 5-6-7 channel?  Does the red go into say channel 5  and the gray go into say channel 6? Also the line inputs summed say A and B, which I guessing is the 1 and 3 your talking about  Don't want to blow this thing up haha

thanks bunches
Gayle

NO, yo will plug both the red & grey into EITHER channel 5, 6 OR 7 via the 1/4" DUAL inputs.  So BOTH channels will go int eithe channel 5, or 6 or 7!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:07 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hi Lonman:  I plugged them in and nothings working.  I called musicians friend where I purchased it and they said they dont have  support for hooking things up.  He said I do have the speakers plugged in correctly, but thats all he could tell me.  I havent tried to send anything from my computer to it, I've just tried to get the microphone to work. Its the microphone they sent me.  
Lonman, can you please look at it and see what you think Im doing wrong? Maybe you already know  :yes:

Heres the link to the equipment:

Theres so many buttons on this thing !!
Thank you
Gayle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:24 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

One of my best investments was a pair of Sennheisser HDR 140 cordless headphones.  No problems with feedback, ideal for listening without disturbing the rest of the family, no chance of blowing speakers, no cord to get caught up Highly Recommended.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:43 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

pinkbumblebee @ Thu May 17, 2007 9:07 am wrote:
Hi Lonman:  I plugged them in and nothings working.  I called musicians friend where I purchased it and they said they dont have  support for hooking things up.  He said I do have the speakers plugged in correctly, but thats all he could tell me.  I havent tried to send anything from my computer to it, I've just tried to get the microphone to work. Its the microphone they sent me.  
Lonman, can you please look at it and see what you think Im doing wrong? Maybe you already know  :yes:

Heres the link to the equipment:

Theres so many buttons on this thing !!
Thank you
Gayle

Did you get it working yet?  If not... yes it comes with the 1/4 plug.. the set you ordered should've GIVEN you a pair of wires... Did you read the instructions manual?  There are literally pictures showing how you can set up your amp/speakers....  Make sure you have the main knob turned up.. and then the same for each individual channels.... otherwise it's really just plug and play

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:49 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

philli1025:  Hello, I don't have it working yet.  There's no sound coming out at all.  When I get home from work, I will check to see if I have the knobs set right.  I think thats what it is. Shouldn't I beable to talk in the mic and hear something from the speakers without even involving the computer?  I was wondering if a signal from the computer was necessary.

See how NEW I am at this!!! When I took my stereo apart  to move it that someone hooked up for me years ago, I had to label every single cord and plug with colors and numbers so I'd get it back correctly.   :shock:

Thanks !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 398 times
pinkbumblebee @ Thu May 17, 2007 1:49 pm wrote:
philli1025:  Hello, I don't have it working yet.  There's no sound coming out at all.  When I get home from work, I will check to see if I have the knobs set right.  I think thats what it is. Shouldn't I beable to talk in the mic and hear something from the speakers without even involving the computer?  I was wondering if a signal from the computer was necessary.

See how NEW I am at this!!! When I took my stereo apart  to move it that someone hooked up for me years ago, I had to label every single cord and plug with colors and numbers so I'd get it back correctly.   :shock:

Thanks !!!!!!!!

The microphones should be independent from the computer. The signal from the computer is not needed to get sound from the microphones.  the main volume has to be set to an audible level as well as the microphone channels.  As long as your mixer/amp is connected to the speakers and the wires aren't bad then you should be getting something out of your speakers.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

pinkbumblebee @ Fri May 18, 2007 6:49 am wrote:

Thanks !!!!!!!!

honey that is what I suggest happens with your new equipment, get someone in to set it up for you and colour code the cords so as you dont experience this prob again. As several have already said it is just plug and play but you need to feel confident about using your equipment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next