KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Just won my first Ebay bid..woohoo Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Yes I also got my Dangerious Set, and quite surprised that I haven't mentioned any thing earlier about it. For the price, this is a must have for guys like me.
Now I did notice that quite a few songs in the collection can also be found in the All Hits Maxx pack, same rendition but major difference in the mix. The Dangerous versions, have a more pumped up sound to the mix, much more bass thrown in. The All Hits versions just come off sounding weak and lame.
These versions are more along the lines of what I've been looking for, a live, raw, energetic sound.
There are quite a few songs from this collection that will be making my song list this coming weekend. I'm very pleased with my purchase. So thanks to all who recommended this set, especially Lonman, who's mentioned it on several times.
And yes, Hilltodd will get your product out to you in a very prompt fashion.
I bought mine on a Thursday night and bam, it was there Monday morning.
Anyway, I have some other things on order from Ebay, I just hope the other vendors are as responsible as HillTodd. I'll let ya know.

James
Maninblack
P.S. Does Ebay take EBT cards, cos my arse is about broke....LOL

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I wish I had gotten mine from Hilltodd.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:34 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
maninblack @ Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:55 am wrote:
Yes I also got my Dangerious Set, and quite surprised that I haven't mentioned any thing earlier about it. For the price, this is a must have for guys like me.
Now I did notice that quite a few songs in the collection can also be found in the All Hits Maxx pack, same rendition but major difference in the mix. The Dangerous versions, have a more pumped up sound to the mix, much more bass thrown in. The All Hits versions just come off sounding weak and lame.
These versions are more along the lines of what I've been looking for, a live, raw, energetic sound.
There are quite a few songs from this collection that will be making my song list this coming weekend. I'm very pleased with my purchase. So thanks to all who recommended this set, especially Lonman, who's mentioned it on several times.
And yes, Hilltodd will get your product out to you in a very prompt fashion.
I bought mine on a Thursday night and bam, it was there Monday morning.
Anyway, I have some other things on order from Ebay, I just hope the other vendors are as responsible as HillTodd. I'll let ya know.

James
Maninblack
P.S. Does Ebay take EBT cards, cos my arse is about broke....LOL

It's a VERY under rated set by many kj's mainly because they do edit a few songs for length - not many, & some of the lyrics aren't accurate - but not enough to throw anyone off really.  Like I said, I have several songs on there that people prefer over Sound CHoice.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes Lonman, I agree. One song in particular, is Grand Funk's 'Closer to Home'. I love the song, but my gosh the ending seems to go on forever. The Dangerous version, is great edited version that doesn't bore the living daylights out of everyone.

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

maninblack @ Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:58 pm wrote:
Yes Lonman, I agree. One song in particular, is Grand Funk's 'Closer to Home'. I love the song, but my gosh the ending seems to go on forever. The Dangerous version, is great edited version that doesn't bore the living daylights out of everyone.
LMAO

Glad to hear it.

EDIT: My Dangerous pack just arrived. I will check it out in a few...

I still wish I had ordered from Hilltodd. Just on principle. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:32 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I like the Dangerous CDG series. The quality is much better than I expected.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:09 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Chuck,  has the microphone arrived yet ?  Any news ?   what's the status on this ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I just sold me notebook hard drive. It was working just fine, and when the guy got it he replies and says it doesn't work. Yeah, right.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:00 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

This is my fear regarding selling certain things on ebay Bill.  I wanted to sell a few so-so musical instruments, as well as a few better guitars,  but I can't deal with that.  Even selling something as "All sales final" doesn't mean you aren't going to get stuck with these same headaches.  To me it's easier using Craigs list, a Bargain newspaper that's local where people must come see the item, or local Ebay auctions... I can't be stuck with that... S&H packaging certain items isn't a piece of cake, it takes time, and you never know who you are selling to, even assuming the person has decent past history..   Smaller stuff,  I'd rather donate, and take it as a tax write-off...

JMO... ebay can have it's share of headaches for sellers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 pm wrote:
This is my fear regarding selling certain things on ebay Bill.  I wanted to sell a few so-so musical instruments, as well as a few better guitars,  but I can't deal with that.  Even selling something as "All sales final" doesn't mean you aren't going to get stuck with these same headaches.  To me it's easier using Craigs list, a Bargain newspaper that's local where people must come see the item, or local Ebay auctions... I can't be stuck with that... S&H packaging certain items isn't a piece of cake, it takes time, and you never know who you are selling to, even assuming the person has decent past history..   Smaller stuff,  I'd rather donate, and take it as a tax write-off...

Yeah, that's true. Seems like it used to be a lot simpler, but lately you have to watch out for a lot of scams. This guy does have tons of positive feedback (over 600) so seems legit, but who knows. I'm afraid he took my drive and sends me his broken one, but wants a refund.  It may just be that he has no clue on how to initialize and install a drive in windows.  Anyway the adventure continues....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:26 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

That was another problem I had with certain people on ebay,  holding feedback as a hostage,  some were buying "feedback", that seemed more important than the actually item, and the honest critiquing of the transaction.  A neutral given, was often a negative in return, etc.  Just a messy system,  waiting the 90 days, and slamming a person with a negative final hour, etc... It was horrible when I was a permanent volunteer on the ebay feedback community forum.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 50
planet_bill @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:56 pm wrote:
I just sold me notebook hard drive. It was working just fine, and when the guy got it he replies and says it doesn't work. Yeah, right.

Bill

Did you do what I told you to do? Did you send it Fed Ex Ground, Bill? At least insured via USPS?  You can't trust people on ebay, particularly the electronics peeps. Look at what folks do at Frye's electronics. They go there, get a part and bring back God knows what back in it's place. I've never seen more open packages than they have there. What's the plan, then? What is his feedback then? I hope you didn't leave him feedback first.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

planet_bill @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:04 pm wrote:
Steven Kaplan @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 pm wrote:

Yeah, that's true. Seems like it used to be a lot simpler, but lately you have to watch out for a lot of scams. This guy does have tons of positive feedback (over 600) so seems legit, but who knows. I'm afraid he took my drive and sends me his broken one, but wants a refund.  It may just be that he has no clue on how to initialize and install a drive in windows.  Anyway the adventure continues....

Did you send him all the paperwork? Do you have the serial number of the drive? Don't issue any refunds until you know the facts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I didn't even think to write down the serial number, but now I see the importance of it. I sent it USPS Priority insured. No feedback yet. I remember you told me not to give it until someone gives me positive first.

I think probably the guy just doesn't know how to set up the drive. He thought he could put it in an external drive enclosure and it should work, because his old drive does - LOL! I initialized it to all zeroes, factory spec. There is no OS or formatting to boot from. I told him he also needed to make sure and set his Bios to boot from the Windows XP cd first so that Windows can set up the drive properly to be read. Guess that's the problem with this electronic stuff. I have to be tech support too.

I may rather take a negative than return the drive. After all it is used. From now on I think I'm gonna just say Used - As Is with no guarantee. Not that I provided any guarantee or return policy.

Guess I'll see how it goes.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

planet_bill @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:26 pm wrote:
I didn't even think to write down the serial number, but now I see the importance of it. I sent it USPS Priority insured. No feedback yet. I remember you told me not to give it until someone gives me positive first.

I think probably the guy just doesn't know how to set up the drive. He thought he could put it in an external drive enclosure and it should work, because his old drive does - LOL! I initialized it to all zeroes, factory spec. There is no OS or formatting to boot from. I told him he also needed to make sure and set his Bios to boot from the Windows XP cd first so that Windows can set up the drive properly to be read. Guess that's the problem with this electronic stuff. I have to be tech support too.

I may rather take a negative than return the drive. After all it is used. From now on I think I'm gonna just say Used - As Is with no guarantee. Not that I provided any guarantee or return policy.

Guess I'll see how it goes.

Bill

If he paid by paypal he can file with them so it would not be just a case of getting or exchanging a negative.  He must return the drive to you with a delivery confirmation to prove to paypal that he returned it and then request a refund.  (If he does it correctly) If you are going to wind up refunding anyway then maybe you would want to think about seeing if he would consider a return minus shipping and have him pay shipping back for the unit. If he files with paypal and wins he will get his shipping costs back too and you are out the sale and shipping as well. You can always resell the unit and perhaps get more than it went for this time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:06 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

This is why as a buyer, I love Ebay for the purchases of obscure items.  But when selling things such as a computer for the reasons Jeff and Bill are citing on Ebay, it can be quite a headache IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:06 am wrote:
This is why as a buyer, I love Ebay for the purchases of obscure items.  But when selling things such as a computer for the reasons Jeff and Bill are citing on Ebay, it can be quite a headache IMHO.

Yes, I would never purchase electronics off ebay unless the seller has tons of units for sale. Otherwise you never know whether someone is getting rid of something that simply doesn't work and is planning to say it was damaged in transit, insure and get paid. (and no I know Bill did not do this). He simply has lots of extra hardware from putting together computers left and right. But the fact is that ebay is a buyer's market in so many ways but it has definite drawbacks as well.  I personally look at the type of negatives a person has in his feedback. It tells a lot about the type of person you are considering dealing with. If that person is being called a liar or a thief there's a chance that's just what he is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:16 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

That was a HUGE thing..  "blaming it on UPS".  Agreed.   There are some things that it pays to spend a little more money on to get some POMG, warantee from an acknowledged dealer of your product, return call tag issued (when needed), etc.  When all is said and done, ebay for some of these purchases doesn't end up less costly. Also, not having to comb thru the intricate fine fine print in a description. As a buyer or seller, this stuff can be a tremendous headache IMO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:09 pm wrote:
Chuck,  has the microphone arrived yet ?  Any news ?   what's the status on this ?
Well we got two Sennheiser e845sII Mics that sound great but the box says that they were made in "German" instead of Germany. The SM58 mics sound great too, they just arrived a couple of days ago. I can't find anything about them that even implies fake.

We used the Sennheisers last night but I should have used the "Shures" too or instead because the bass effect of the Sennheisers was throwing everyone off. I was singing Queensryche through them and actually sounded pretty good. Queensryche is particularly hard for me to sing, of course.

If I could compare these new mics side by side with the real thing it would help. So far I can find absolutely no flaws with any of these mics. They are very good quality.

I really do want to know if these are knock-offs. If they aren't, I might get some more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:20 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

That answer's my question,  they WERE in fact new authentic Shure SM-58's.   That was what we were wondering about.

Congrat's,  You took a chance, and you won !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next