KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Does anyone have any experience with this? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Steven, I browsed there a bit yesterday. It looks like you have to d/l some kind of plugin to be able to view stuff... but I think I'm gonna tune in tonight, and see if Harley gets any interest out of it. I'm sure he will, just as sure that I, myself, would be lost as hell with what they were talking about. ...>Charmin, the back porch picker< Lol

Thanks for your info on it:)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
You do in fact have to DL a small program that's compatible with the interactive software that site uses.  It's safe though, and IMO well worth the minute or two it takes.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:49 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 am wrote:
You do in fact have to DL a small program that's compatible with the interactive software that site uses.  It's safe though, and IMO well worth the minute or two it takes.

I missed it Thursday Steven, I forgot Harley was going to a friend's house for a movie & dinner... I didn't see much point in me viewing it just myself. I wouldn't know if it was something he'd like or not, if he wasn't here to watch it... I have no knowledge of that style of guitar playing. It would lose me in no time at all.

I do plan on trying to catch the next one though (with him) . From the looks of it, I think it's something he's gonna want to join in:)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:51 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
It's a fabulous site IMHO,  It allows for "live chat", in moderated chatroom format.  With a room list of all present, and the instructor and site tech as mods.. THere are constant questions and answers throughout, (with the exception of when the instructor is presenting a block of info), it's an interactive live classroom.  The lessons are pre-taped, they are presented WITH the instructor present to assist with the lessons for the hour, and as I stated, a site technician is always present to help out with technical aspects that crop up at lousy times.  Best thing,  it's a free site. All a person has to do is show up with a guitar.  There's audio of the instructor playing, guitar neck charts simultaneously showing fingering with a tab-type format, and actual sheet music format showing the composition on staff paper.

(actually the nicest part about this is that I don't have to get off've my F#^lazy-a@@ to go to these classes, and I haven't been told to "go stand in the hall" once yet for making weird noises)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Yeah, that's why it appeals to me too:)

I don't have to leave the house >Why in the heck can't I find a job like that?  :( < .........  and it's free.

I'll report back to ya after we check out the next one... let ya know what he & I thought. (again, I'll be lost throughout... but he will probably be excited about it)